Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Help... Angel Box

Hi,

Im using an Angel Box but its not working.

Im using software for Sub dated 25-2-2006

Im using software for Main dated 12-12-2005

Can anyone please let me know if my softwares are uptodate and what is the link to download the latest software for MAIN & SUB Tuner.

I have tested the signal for SUB and it has strong signal, Should I scan channel for Asiasat 4 or not Or I have to do some more setting

After pluging I can search all channels in PAS10 but I can only see the free channels but I cant see the Multichoice.

Lastly, I want to know what is Protection Module I dont have this thing

Is this the reason I cant watch Multi Choice

Please reply ASAP

Help
    ART IS TO COMMUNICATE.....
    DM800,DM500S/DM500C,XSAT410/430 WITH SLINGBOX
    ASIASAT 3S,INSAT 2E,THAICOM2/3,
    Intelsat 10,AGILA 146 KU.138 KU

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Help... Angel Box

Dear digitalpartner,both of ur softwares are no problem.Have u install the PROTECTION MODULE?If not u can't see any encrypted channel from youbeesee,multichoice,etc....

If ur receiver's S/N is 050 9** ***,u need module.If S/N is 051 *** *** no need module cause that products had been build in protection module.This module is connect between RS232 and RCA from Slave side.

Regards.
    " 李俊明 Born To Help People "

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing
    Dear digitalpartner,both of ur softwares are no problem.Have u install the PROTECTION MODULE?If not u can't see any encrypted channel from youbeesee,multichoice,etc....

If ur receiver's S/N is 050 9** ***,u need module.If S/N is 051 *** *** no need module cause that products had been build in protection module.This module is connect between RS232 and RCA from Slave side.

Regards.
    Hi Yan Naing,

Thanks for your reply

My model number is 050 8...... and it's without the protection module.

Actually i'm using a Hi-Tech Receiver which is bought in Dubai and it's same face as Angel Box. I'm sure its made by the same Manufacturer

It's working fine with Eutlesat 3W & Hotbird in Dubai but when i bring it to Asia it's not working with Asiasat 4 & PAS10.

I can download the lastest software of Angel Box for the SUB Tuner but can't download the software for the Main Tuner.

I think the hardware is same as well.

Can you give me some comments if the problem is without Protection Module or it might be different Hardware

Thanks

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear jamesali, that ur problem is different hardware and different software.We can download this SUB soft: on some receivers in their sub serial port.What was shown that u upgrade main soft: to ur Hi-Tech?(Invilid protocol)
    I think this is the diff: hardware problem,and not mean without protection module.Good luck bro...

Regards.

DM 500s , Pacific 3600 CI , Humax F2 Finder , Angel Box , My Dream Machine , Tatasky , KAON , Topfield 3030 , Yuri YR1Dap , Dynasat 7100 , F1 , Plus and II , Metabox II , 10 , Viva Vs 9000 , SkyBox II , X-Sat 430 , 420 , Bolt N2 , NewB , New Shine Ns 3000 , Victory V 889 , F1 Newshine , New Star , Innovia 3088 CA , Atom 7000 , PBI , Prosat , Dstv 3Q76 , GA 88a , Tatasky , Big Tv , Airtel .

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear jamesali, that ur problem is different hardware and different software.We can download this SUB soft: on some receivers in their sub serial port.What was shown that u upgrade main soft: to ur Hi-Tech?(Invilid protocol)
    I think this is the diff: hardware problem,and not mean without protection module.Good luck bro...

Regards.

Hi,

I can download the Angel Box in Sub Receiver

But i can't downlaod the Main Software in Main Port and it shows (Invalid Protocol).

I look forward to hear from u again

Thx

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jamesali

Hi,

I can download the Angel Box in Sub Receiver

But i can't downlaod the Main Software in Main Port and it shows (Invalid Protocol).

I look forward to hear from u again

Thx
    Hi jamesali,that's surely u can't download this main software on ur receiver(different hard&soft).I think that is only way u can load L201 first into ur stb and than load this main sotftware L312.
    *BUT U MUST BE CAREFUL BEFORE THIS TEST BCOS. THIS CAN BE DAMAGE UR RECEIVER'S FLASH.
    So I suggest u don't try this and may be ur receiver will show 8888 when u load this main soft:.

Thanks.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi Yan Naing,

Thanks for your msg again.

I will try your method to L201 in the Main STB as i don't mind to delete the FLASH since i can easily take out the FLASH and re-program it and put it back in the STB.

If you have the L201 please email me at [email protected] or send me a link where i can download it.

Is the L201 the DUMP of the STB

Also send me the link for L312

Thanks a Million

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear jamesali, here is ur want softwares to download

for L201

http://www.supersw.com/SC%20Magic%20Box%20II.htm

for L312 Main

http://www.dynasat.com/software/Ange...2006---SUB.zip

Regards.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

[quote="yan naing"]Dear jamesali, here is ur want softwares to download

for L201

http://www.supersw.com/SC%20Magic%20Box%20II.htm

for L312 Main

http://www.dynasat.com/software/Ange...2006---SUB.zip

Regards

Hi Yan Naing,

Thanks for the links...

I try to download the L201 and it download sucess.. But after downloading the receiver LCD have some problem but i can use the remote but it can't have any signal.

This L201 is for a receiver name Superbox or Magicbox...

Do you have another link for Angel box Dump software

Thanks

James Ali

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

THE ABOVE IS QUITE ASTONISHING !
    FIRST A POSTING BY DIGITAL PARTNER CLAIMING HE IS USING AN ANGELBOX.

THIS IS FOLLOWED AFTER ONE REPLY BY A POSTING FROM JAMES ALI (WHO SEEMS TO BE DIGITAL PARTNER AS HE SAYS THANKS FOR THE REPLY).

NOW JAMES ALI SAYS HE ACTUALLY DOES NOT USE AN ANGELBOX (WHICH IS A RECEIVER SET UP FOR S.E.ASIA) BUT A HI-TECH WHICH IS SET UP TO USE EUTELSAT 3 IN THE GULF !

FOR GOODNESS SAKE IT IS OBVIOUS THAT A MODEL USING A SERVER FOR A TOTALLY DIFFERENT REGION IS MOST UNLIKELY TO WORK.
    IF IT DID HOORAH ! I CAN TAKE MY ANGELBOX TO EUROPE , CONNECT TO EUTELSAT 3 AND WATCH EUROPEAN PROGS THERE.

BY THE WAY WHAT EUROPEAN BOUQUETS ARE AVAILABLE WITH
    THE DUBAI PURCHASED HI-TECH ?.... MY EUROPEAN FRIENDS WOULD LOVE TO KNOW AS NO DUAL TUNER SETS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE UK.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

*BUT U MUST BE CAREFUL BEFORE THIS TEST BCOS. THIS CAN BE DAMAGE UR RECEIVER'S FLASH.
    So I suggest u don't try this and may be ur receiver will show 8888 when u load this main soft:.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesali

I try to download the L201 and it download sucess...But after downloading the receiver LCD have some problem but i can use the remote but it can't have any signal.

Do you have another link for Angel box Dump software
    Dear jamesali,I had been told u that software will effect ur receiver something like LCD display and flash problem.Anyhow u can dload L312 into ur stb.
    There is no link to get Angelbox dump file....Sorry bro.

Senior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND
    THE ABOVE IS QUITE ASTONISHING !
    FIRST A POSTING BY DIGITAL PARTNER CLAIMING HE IS USING AN ANGELBOX.

THIS IS FOLLOWED AFTER ONE REPLY BY A POSTING FROM JAMES ALI (WHO SEEMS TO BE DIGITAL PARTNER AS HE SAYS THANKS FOR THE REPLY).

NOW JAMES ALI SAYS HE ACTUALLY DOES NOT USE AN ANGELBOX (WHICH IS A RECEIVER SET UP FOR S.E.ASIA) BUT A HI-TECH WHICH IS SET UP TO USE EUTELSAT 3 IN THE GULF !

FOR GOODNESS SAKE IT IS OBVIOUS THAT A MODEL USING A SERVER FOR A TOTALLY DIFFERENT REGION IS MOST UNLIKELY TO WORK.
    IF IT DID HOORAH ! I CAN TAKE MY ANGELBOX TO EUROPE , CONNECT TO EUTELSAT 3 AND WATCH EUROPEAN PROGS THERE.

BY THE WAY WHAT EUROPEAN BOUQUETS ARE AVAILABLE WITH
    THE DUBAI PURCHASED HI-TECH ?.... MY EUROPEAN FRIENDS WOULD LOVE TO KNOW AS NO DUAL TUNER SETS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE UK.
    @C-BAND

For ur kind information He is using HITECH NOT ANGEL BOX.

But according to the hardware for HITECH which is orignaly made for receiving data from EUTELSAT in EUROPE & MIDDLE EAST.... But he is facing problem with ASIASAT 4...

May be he wants to find out that is there any software or patch can help him to watch MULTICHOICE with HITECH RECEIVER in ASIA.

Regards

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

EXACTLY.
    HE IS TRYING TO USE A HI-TECH BOX ON ASIASAT 4 !
    THESE BOXES ARE LINKED TO A PARTICULAR SERVER ON A PARTICULAR SATELLITE . THE MANUFACTURER OF THE BOX PAYS FOR THAT SERVER AND COLLECTS A FEE WHEN HE SELLS THE BOXES.. IT IS CLEAR THAT EACH RECEIVER WOULD NEED THE APPROPRIATE SOFTWARE.
    IF A HI-TECH CAN BE USED ON ASIASAT 4 THEN AN ANGELBOX COULD BE USED ON EUTELSAT W3. BOTH MOST UNLIKELY UNLESS ONE IS A SKILLED SOFTWARE ENGINEER.
    WHOEVER MANAGES THIS PROBABLY HAS THE SKILLS TO CRACK ****** 2, NDS AND POWERVU !
    THE VISIONNET 8000 ON THE OTHER HAND WORKS THROUGH THE INTERNET AND IT CAN BE USED IN BOTH ASIA. EUROPE AND THE GULF ON DIFFERENT SATELLITES. THIS IS BECAUSE THE HARDWARE IS IDENTICAL ON ALL VERSIONS AND THE SOFTWARE IS AVAILABLE FOR EACH REGION AND IS LINKED TO DIFFERENT SERVERS.

Senior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND
    EXACTLY.
    HE IS TRYING TO USE A HI-TECH BOX ON ASIASAT 4 !
    THESE BOXES ARE LINKED TO A PARTICULAR SERVER ON A PARTICULAR SATELLITE . THE MANUFACTURER OF THE BOX PAYS FOR THAT SERVER AND COLLECTS A FEE WHEN HE SELLS THE BOXES.. IT IS CLEAR THAT EACH RECEIVER WOULD NEED THE APPROPRIATE SOFTWARE.
    IF A HI-TECH CAN BE USED ON ASIASAT 4 THEN AN ANGELBOX COULD BE USED ON EUTELSAT W3. BOTH MOST UNLIKELY UNLESS ONE IS A SKILLED SOFTWARE ENGINEER.
    WHOEVER MANAGES THIS PROBABLY HAS THE SKILLS TO CRACK ****** 2, NDS AND POWERVU !
    THE VISIONNET 8000 ON THE OTHER HAND WORKS THROUGH THE INTERNET AND IT CAN BE USED IN BOTH ASIA. EUROPE AND THE GULF ON DIFFERENT SATELLITES. THIS IS BECAUSE THE HARDWARE IS IDENTICAL ON ALL VERSIONS AND THE SOFTWARE IS AVAILABLE FOR EACH REGION AND IS LINKED TO DIFFERENT SERVERS.
    @C-BAND

You are absolutely right...I agree with u...But is there any solution for

HITECH RECEIVER to work with ASIASAT 4....?

Regards

Thread Information