Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bme
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default GMA Orbit Package Cost

I have this information from Orbit Dubai about my query regarding the SR60 offer for the pinoy package in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere for that matter.
    As per information from Orbit Dubai,the SR60 is the cost for EXISTING Orbit subscriber and not the cost for a new subscription. In other words, if you already have a Orbit subscription and would like to add the pinoy package you are charged SR60 additional per month for the 3 channels plus DZBB.
    They do not offer the Pinoy package alone.
    For more info call 9714-4059999

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

so it means to say that if you are already paying 120 riylas for any package then you need to add 60 riyals total of 180 riyals. Hmmm its a lot of money for me. 180 riyals is a 15 day cost for my food. so i rather put it to my stomach rather than watching although there is an internet that i can read the news and a satellite programs that i can view in hotbird,nilesat and arabsat.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

20 riyals per channel? bah!
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ferdz
    so it means to say that if you are already paying 120 riylas for any package then you need to add 60 riyals total of 180 riyals. Hmmm its a lot of money for me. 180 riyals is a 15 day cost for my food. so i rather put it to my stomach rather than watching although there is an internet that i can read the news and a satellite programs that i can view in hotbird,nilesat and arabsat.
    ferdz,

u r right besides philippines were always on international news like cnn,bbc world, aljazerra, al arabia, GEO TV, ARY news, Indu news, PTV world and even Channel Eye of bangladesh! so, no need to get a subscription we are all over the world all the time.

FYI

bme

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    20 riyals per channel? bah!
    Yes indeed it is a strange "offer" if you can call it that!(BTW, TFC charges 76SR for 4 channels so it is not cheap either,speaking of alternatives. And the stb for tfc is not free as compared to Orbit which is on loan.Also you don't have to pay a yearly maintenance fee for orbit.)
    Better to junk your present Orbit subscription if you have one and get the Pinoy package which is 89SR for 12 channels.

Quote Originally Posted by dishman
    ferdz,

u r right besides philippines were always on international news like cnn,bbc world, aljazerra, al arabia, GEO TV, ARY news, Indu news, PTV world and even Channel Eye of bangladesh! so, no need to get a subscription we are all over the world all the time.

FYI
    Right but mostly you see or read about anything BAD that is happening in the Philippines and seldom about any good thing. There are a lot of things happening in the Philippines besides the bad things and that is why we want to have our own channel to view.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

isn't news always about something bad? bad in one way or the other, lol.

anyway, as for the orbit loaned decoders, you have to pay up a deposit for the receiver and get your money only when your return the unit back, scratch free, without any missing buttons on the remote control unit or all the rca cables which they supplied are still with you after year/s of using it, moving houses, children playing with the unit, etc. then they will deduct a huge amount from your deposit, lol.
    CCcam 2.1.4

bme

Why are you so pessimistic?

anyway, as for the orbit loaned decoders, you have to pay up a deposit for the receiver and get your money only when your return the unit back, scratch free, without any missing buttons on the remote control unit or all the rca cables which they supplied are still with you after year/s of using it, moving houses, children playing with the unit, etc. then they will deduct a huge amount from your deposit, lol.
    There is no perfect subscription. Cost of package-Orbit/GMA costs less than TFC even with the deposit. As for value for money I'll leave that to the reader's preference least I be accused (again) of bias.
    SAd to say that us OFW are the target of Big Business as we are the only foreign workers that do not have our own FREE Satellite Channel. See even the government owned NBN channel is under Orbit!

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bme
    Why are you so pessimistic?

There is no perfect subscription. Cost of package-Orbit/GMA costs less than TFC even with the deposit. As for value for money I'll leave that to the reader's preference least I be accused (again) of bias.
    SAd to say that us OFW are the target of Big Business as we are the only foreign workers that do not have our own FREE Satellite Channel. See even the government owned NBN channel is under Orbit!
    Do you remember what Leo Martinez said "ONLY IN THE PHILIPPINES" and its true right!

adamsapple

Default Re: GMA Orbit Package Cost

I have this information from Orbit Dubai about my query regarding the SR60 offer for the pinoy package in Saudi Arabia and elsewhere for that matter.
    As per information from Orbit Dubai,the SR60 is the cost for EXISTING Orbit subscriber and not the cost for a new subscription. In other words, if you already have a Orbit subscription and would like to add the pinoy package you are charged SR60 additional per month for the 3 channels plus DZBB.
    I think you are mis informed.I'm an old subscriber for pinoy prime. There are no additional payment for the GMAPINOY & DZBB. I received the added channel GMAPINOY & DZBB without any additional payment.The receiver was automatically updated, I received the additional channel when it started the broadcast in middle east. I inquired in orbit kuwait. they told me the new subscriptions package is KD7.200/month. The subscription when I have the package is KD6.100. So it means from KD 6.100 to KD 7.200.Enjoy the package sulit instead of TFC. Maybe in the future they will make a pinoy package which will become more cheaper. But KD 7.200 sulit parin may ESPN,mgm,disney etc. (may added bonus pa sa PBO viva walang cut ang ibang pinoy movies)much better than TFC

adamsapple

I think you are mis informed.I'm an old subscriber for pinoy prime. There are no additional payment for the GMAPINOY & DZBB. I received the added channel GMAPINOY & DZBB without any additional payment.The receiver was automatically updated, I received the additional channel when it started the broadcast in middle east. I inquired in orbit kuwait. they told me the new subscriptions package is KD7.200/month. The subscription when I have the package is KD6.100. So it means from KD 6.100 to KD 7.200.Enjoy the package sulit instead of TFC. Maybe in the future they will make a pinoy package which will become more cheaper. But KD 7.200 sulit parin may ESPN,mgm,disney etc. (may added bonus pa sa PBO viva walang cut ang ibang pinoy movies)much better than TFC

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default ORBIT Cost

Friends,

How much is it in USD for the whole package of ORBIT coz i have no the coersion rate, in libya no transmission yet of GMA even i bought or subscribe the ORBIT package with receiver.

thanks

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

should be less that 23 us dollars.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

so around €20 much cheaper than tfc. i inquire to one of their rep. here italy but i have to pay first €640 for the receiver and one year subs. is that normal,meaning to say in advance. hope gma will resolve this problem in europe to compete tfc.maybe if gma will follow tfc as dth here in europe,a lot of subs. of tfc will drop their subscpription, a big loss to tfc because they will have to repoint their dish.

bme

Quote Originally Posted by adamsapple
    I think you misunderstood. It is for existing NON PINOY package subscriber.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

no, actually it is more expensive than TFC as TFC costs kd6.200 here in kuwait, whereas, GMA-Orbit costs kd7.200. now, i dunno about the package arrangements of your dealer here in EU, but from what i remember, i merely deposited for the loaned decoder an amount equal approx 120 us dollars, which is refundable once you return the decoder and accessories.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information