Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Attn : Blackron or anybody else

Dear Blackron

After upgrading my boot file to 20.1 , my powersky PS8210CISk is showing 8888 only. I noted that you had similar problem earlier. How you solved that. IF I have to do JTAG, can you kindly help me step by step on how to do the same. Thanks in advance

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Have you tried loading the latest firmware of your receiver after you upgraded your boot file?

By the way, from where you got the bootfile 20.1 version? Is it from this site?
    http://www.arion.lefdata.com/ Just want to know, so I can guide you in how to revive your receiver without doing a jtag.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Yes from that site only

Quote Originally Posted by tomultra
    Have you tried loading the latest firmware of your receiver after you upgraded your boot file?

By the way, from where you got the bootfile 20.1 version? Is it from this site?
    http://www.arion.lefdata.com/ Just want to know, so I can guide you in how to revive your receiver without doing a jtag.
    Yes, I have downloaded 20.1 version from that site only. Is there any way I can save my receiver other than JTAG. Also if I have to do the JTAG I can use normal serial cable for the printer. Please help me

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Why not try to upload first the latest firmware for your receiver thru the serial port. Get that latest software also from arionlefdata. I have experienced this 8888 indication before when I upgraded the bootfile of my starttrack receiver, but after I loaded the software, the receiver became ok.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Why not try to upload first the latest firmware for your receiver thru the serial port. Get that latest software also from arionlefdata. I have experienced this 8888 indication before when I upgraded the bootfile of my starttrack receiver, but after I loaded the software, the receiver became ok.
    I am trying that also. But no use."Download Fail" is the message. For doing JTAG also it is difficult to get the proper cable

az30094

Are you able to establish proper communication through serial cable? If yes, try loading firmware again. If not, then Jtagging is the only solution.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by az30094
    Are you able to establish proper communication through serial cable? If yes, try loading firmware again. If not, then Jtagging is the only solution.
    Not able to communicate. But for doing the Jtag where we will get the proper cable. I have checked the elecronic/ electrical and Cable TV shops wihotut any success

Can u please help me

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Your first assignment is to build your own simple jtag, let somebody do it for you if you dont have a soldering skill, but if you do, the more better coz you will get all the credit. See the photo(compliments to the person who posted this photo) on how the 5 nos. 1/2 watt 100 ohm resistor is soldered to the parallel plug.

Just follow the numbering, connection from parallel port to your receiver's jtag port

PARALLEL ------ JTAG PORT

2 ----- 9

3 ----- 11

4 ----- 13

5 ----- 19

13 ----- 15

18 to 25 (link together) ----- 18 (ground)

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Visit this website http://www.ejtag.tk/ this will give you more idea on how to do it. But first, are you having that flash dumpfile already? Well, if you still don't have it, my advise is to search for it first.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jimmykaniyaly
    I am trying that also. But no use."Download Fail" is the message. cable
    I'm still convince jim that you can still revive your receiver without doing a jtag, only if you remember what was the last AUC(software) or BUC(bootfile) you have successfully or will I say wrongly loaded to your Powersky receiver. It can be done by using an AUC_Hedit software tool that you can utilise to change an auc file header that you will upload to your receiver thru the serial port.

az30094

I'm still convince jim that you can still revive your receiver without doing a jtag, only if you remember what was the last AUC(software) or BUC(bootfile) you have successfully or will I say wrongly loaded to your Powersky receiver. It can be done by using an AUC_Hedit software tool that you can utilise to change an auc file header that you will upload to your receiver thru the serial port.
    The question of reviving comes when you are able to connect through serial port. In this case, you are not able to do so. Jtag is the only solution. You should have the original flash file with you. Hope you will be able to build your own Jtag cable and connection. Keep one thing in mind - the length of the overall cable should be less than 1 metre (60 to 80 cms. recommended).

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by jimmykaniyaly
    I am trying that also. But no use."Download Fail" is the message. cable
    Dear Toumultra,

You are right. Today I have downloaded the STM A6686 dated 22/02/2006 AUC file from the website
    http://arion.lefdata.gr/
    and tried to load the same to my POwersky using arioner and thank God, it started loading and I got my receiver revived. But the boot version is 15.1 and the Skyversion is 2085. I am getting all the normal channels, but no TPS ( Multivision) No XXL, No Full X no Cine FX No Mangas etc.

Now in the above website Boot files 15.1 and 20.1 are available and no 16.1. Now I am afraid to update the same to 20.1 again also I do not know whether I have to update the skycript to get all the above channels.

Anyway thank you very much for all the guidance given to me also to all other RDI friends. Now, I will make one JTAG cable and keep ready with me as in case if it is required I can try that also.

Thanks a lot again and if possibel kindly guide me how I can get all the above channels

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

With the latest software you have loaded to your receiver, you should be at this time watching all the TPS package including Multivision ( AES keys manually entered) unless you forgot to activate the"set defaults keys" on the code menu section. Anyway I'm glad that you successfully brought your receiver to life.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Thanks

With the latest software you have loaded to your receiver, you should be at this time watching all the TPS package including Multivision ( AES keys manually entered) unless you forgot to activate the"set defaults keys" on the code menu section. Anyway I'm glad that you successfully brought your receiver to life.
    Thank you very much for your help. In fact I have the latest software , but still I do not know how to enter the AES keys manually as it is 32 keys. May be that's why its not working. Even XXL, Spice Platinum also not working. Whether there is any latest skycript file available. And also where is 16.1 boot file we can find

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Don't bother to upgrade your boot, it's enough and as far as I understand the skycrypyt file is only to clear the full x channels, correct me if I'm wrong. But one thing I can say, after that software upgrade you've done, receiver codes must be "set to default" to enable to watch pay channels like absat package, tps package, spice platinum etc. Hope you have done this thing.

Thread Information