CUE Splitter is a freeware tool that split a single big audio track, mostly an album or a compilation, into the relative individual audio tracks, using informations contained in the associated "CUE" file.
Sometimes you can find a big compressed audio file (for example MP3, APE, FLAC, OGG, WAV, WMA, etc...) equipped with a small "CUE" text file that contain informations about tracks title, artist and length. Usually these couple of files are generated by programs like EAC (Exact Audio Copy), CDRWin, BPM Studio, GoldWave or similar.
With CUE Splitter you can obtain splitted audio track files without burn any CDR or decode/re-encode any audio data! Moreover audio files are automatically named using a user-defined "file mask" string, it's tags are filled with informations extracted from "CUE" file and, optionally, an M3U playlist file can be generated (option enabled by default)..
Here are some key features of "CUE Splitter":
* Supported audio file: uncompressed pcm WAVE, MP3, FLAC and APE.
* Supported audio tags: ID3v1, ID3v2, Lyrics, Vorbis comment e APE.
* Complete support for Unicode, UTF8 and ANSI in every part of the program.
* Can load .CUE files written in Unicode, UTF8 and ANSI (any codepage).
* Various file access method to improve performance across different systems.
* Generated file names are automatically constructed using a user-defined "file
mask" string (Press F1 or F6 for a "file mask" tutorial).
* Generated file tags are automatically filled with informations extracted from
"CUE" files (informations can be modified on-the-fly).
* Automatically generates an M3U playlist file ready for Winamp (and others).
* You can select only desired tracks for extraction.
* You can associate .CUE extension with CUE Splitter (menu File->Configuration
or press F6) and double-click on .CUE files from Windows explorer.
* You can handle any number of custom "file mask" strings, as needed, directly
from the user-interface (Press F1 or F6 for a "file mask" tutorial).
* You can choose a character case changer, used in file names and tags, between:
"title case", "upper case", "lower case" and "sentence case".
* You can scan a single audio file or an entire directory recursively, to obtain
file informations and detect audio errors (menu Tool->Audio file information).
* You can edit artist and title values from the user-interface using pop-up menu
or double-clicking above a track (changes will not saved back to CUE file).
* You can create and handle your custom list of musical genres (used for tags).
* You can choose your preferred font face to use in the user-interface form.
* Multi-language interface: you can expand languages as you desires, you must
simply copy your translated INI file in "LANG" directory of CUE Splitter.
* Simple, light and straightforward user-interface.
* Tray icon enabled.
ˇ MD5 checksum is not calculated for generated FLAC files.
ˇ "CueSheet" METADATA of FLAC files, is not supported.
What's New in This Release:
A lot of work has been made in this release, source code was completely reviewed
to be portable to different operating system and was added full Unicode support.
* Source code was completely reviewed and improved.
* Clean separation in source code between graphical interface and low level
* Unicode support at 100% in every part of the program, tags included (where
* APE files are now correctly supported.
* Last frame of FLAC file give an error if total file size is not multiple of 4.
* Genre on FLAC files now is written without its identification number.