Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Scienticfic Atlanta Sat Receiver

I am just look for priev for a
    Scienticfic Atlanta Sat Receiver.
    Satellite hobbists who like to view ABC Asia/Pacific news Tv channels will need such a decoder/receiver to view ABC-Asia Pacific news channels via PASS 2 and PASS 8 in the Asian n South Pacific regions.
    If it is a free signals why can't we tune our current Satellite system to view such a FTA signals.
    It seems that the owners of Scienticfic Atlanta Sat Receievrs will be a multi millionares in 2006-2009.
    Thanks for reading my mail.
    JPS-Australia

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Scienticfic Atlanta Sat Receiver

Quote Originally Posted by JPS
    Satellite hobbists who like to view ABC Asia/Pacific news Tv channels will need such a decoder/receiver to view ABC-Asia Pacific news channels via PASS 2 and PASS 8 in the Asian n South Pacific regions.
    If it is a free signals why can't we tune our current Satellite system to view such a FTA signals.
    It seems that the owners of Scienticfic Atlanta Sat Receievrs will be a multi millionares in 2006-2009.
    Mate the PowerVu system is an addressable system ...... each decoder built by scientific atlanta carries inside a chip with an address (like an IP) .......

so if he provider wants to give u access to his service he will include the address of ur Decoder in his out-put stream carried out via satellite ...... so u can't share it nor can u copy it ......

all u need is that specific chip and maybe u can modify it to known address and u may get the desired result ...... as far as i know this chip is not available in public or atleast not for private persons

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by JPS
    NO -JPS you have it totally wrong.

How about you re-read the item that was posted on apsattv.com and onthe ABCAP web site.

Those of us here in Asia can use the free ABC SMART card to watch Panamsat 8 ABC AP, nothing has changed on this at all. So do not panic the Asian readers of this forum.

For Pacific nations there has been a change only and ABC AP have kindly made three offers to the viewers in these counties which is more than generious (too much so IMHO).

New Zealand & Australia was never on the list to get smart cards, so you could not apply for a card nor will you be able to get your powerVU boxes authorised with them, as you are in a blackout area right.

Being in a blackout area you will not be able to watch it and this is the issue you raise about FTA or not. As ABC AP do not hold the rights for the content in NZL & AUS, thus they have to scramble the signals or face being sued. Also remember this is ABC AP [The International - offshore - way from the diggers - beyond the black stump] not ABC in australia which you already have.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by saas
    all u need is that specific chip and maybe u can modify it to known address and u may get the desired result ...... as far as i know this chip is not available in public or atleast not for private persons
    ABC have made and offer to everyone in the Pacific Islands to watch the black out games of AFL & Rigby on ABC AP via any powerVU box. They have asked for user to send them the AD/TD details and they will authorise the box like normal [we do it here all the time on PAS 10]

No need to change anything.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kuband
    ABC have made and offer to everyone in the Pacific Islands to watch the black out games of AFL & Rigby on ABC AP via any powerVU box. They have asked for user to send them the AD/TD details and they will authorise the box like normal [we do it here all the time on PAS 10]

No need to change anything.
    i think umisunderstood what i wrote ...... coz what u replied i've already in my post where i say "that the provider has to authorize the service for ur decoder" ....... how ever if a authorization is known and one gets this specific chip and knows how to modify it i believe there is something possible (u can call it sharing of the authorization)

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

i think umisunderstood what i wrote ...... coz what u replied i've already in my post where i say "that the provider has to authorize the service for ur decoder" ....... how ever if a authorization is known and one gets this specific chip and knows how to modify it i believe there is something possible (u can call it sharing of the authorization)
    The chip has NOTHING to do with it, please go read my message again as that is why I replied to your slight bit of mis-information.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kuband
    The chip has NOTHING to do with it, please go read my message again as that is why I replied to your slight bit of mis-information.
    can u please tell what is AD/TD and stop accusing me for mis-information ......

Thread Information