Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Help with camd3 config and hotbird 13

Newbie Here,
    I am running the pli image on my dm500 box with camd3 installed, I have installed the latest keys as of today 1-20-06. I am not sure that I have it configured properly and need some help ? can some one assist me with a channel on hotbird 13 so I know if it is working or not ?

thanks

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Tune to AB Sat channels and TPS Movies.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I found AB Sat under providers, but there is no TPS Movies listed, the reason I said hotbird is because thats really the only SAT right now that I am sure Im connect to....any other channels I can test, or can you tell me how to add that one ?

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Find channel named TPS or Multivision 1 - Multivision 2 - or some like that, they go up to number 8 I think.
    Attention : Key for Multivision change every day, but with your camd3 ( if i recall right last version 8.333 or some like that ) you should able to see TPS or Eurosport.
    There is no need to configure what so ever at all. Just install the emu and download camd3.key file from ex : www.funfiles.cc

Upload file to folder var\keys\
    Via blue button menu, restart ur emu
    and in some case you might erven better restart ur DM

It should work ...

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Ok, I found the Multivision channel's, like 0 - 9 and all of them were viewable also a ! next to the channel name and description that was not there before, does that tell me that the cam and keys are working properly ?

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

You've answered your own question. If the channels were viewable, then it means that you got it working good.
    If you still want to see Multivision, you have to FTP every day new camd3.key file, but it takes only 5 seconds.
    Cheers

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for the help, I thought I had answered the question. I looked at the settings "CAM" and it showed the enc. as being viacces. Now I just need to find some english channels, discovery, animal planet, etc...

I also downloaded the other dreambox files and put them in the /var/keys and the /var/scce dir but still am not getting those channels..

any help on english channels would be much appr. even jetx for my boys

again, thanks alot for your input....could not find anywhere on the net how to config the camd3 files ?

American in Odessa, Ukraine

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Ukraine, wow. How is orange revolution doing ?
    Anyways. I'll check at home later what English channels are open with that camd3.key file. But try serach for all channels, you get plenty of cartoon and animal channels.
    If you dont see them in the list, you might better load up the list of channels file.
    You can get it on plenty of sites. If I dont mistaking on www.i-have-a-dreambox.de and also look for right frequence on www.lyngsat.com. But if you have a good LNB, DM should scan all frequancies.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have three LNB connected to one dish, a friend of mine had someone come over and set it up for me, I know that one is supposed to be at hotbird, I am still trying to figure out the rest, also one for sirius2_3 and I get a piece of amos...when I learn a little more I will be able to figure it out. I am a linux junkie so the db500 is a good little box to start with.

I think I have flashed every image out there over the past week looking at functionality etc... there is a lot to learn. Im still trying to figure out the LNB A/B options. I would like to find some type of map that could tell me my position and what sat's I could point to, I hear 19.2 is good. anyway, here is a question for you. I see two different type of files available for the dreambox, the camd3.keys and the there are a buch of others that are supposed to go in the /var/keys and the /var/scce dir, I am guessing that that is for a different kind of cam ? what are the best cams in you opinion ?

THANKS Again ...

Thread Information