Ultima si final release of FlashWizard Release 6 FINAL 14/01/2006
* Release 6 FINAL 14/01/2006
* NEW backup file format *.FW2
Smaller, better compression, Saving over 30% of space.
Totally configurable and upgradable for future expansions.
* 100% compatible with old *.fwz format (no need to convert files).
* 100% compatible with *.jbk files (no need to convert them).
* All backups can be installed on 7000 and 7020, as ever
* IMAGES INFOWIZARD
Starting with FW 6, a new powerful tool is born: Image InfoWizard
It is a complete editor for backups distribution infos, maybe for images too in the future.
You can add texts and graphics, plus a background picture, plus a sponsored link too.
Texts are in Rich Text Format, you can edit/write them with WordPad (you can run it direct from
InfoWizard tool Window).
The background picture (optional) is a BMP bitmap file.
The "sponsored" link (optional) can be input on InfoWizard window, and will show on
your distributed backup, a click will open your browser on linked page.
Image InfoWizard can be used both for flash and multiboot backups, generating a *.FW2 file.
* Other fixes and improvements, new GO file
* Italian, English, Deutsch, Francaise locales included.
German translation by Lapidis, updated by Jo Squillo
French translation by Mimi74
* FAQ: What can I install with current FlashWizard, and where?
on DM 7020, on multiboot install (CF-USB-HDD-NFS):
- NFI images, with OpenEmbedded structure
- NFI images, with Tuxbox-CVS (dm7000-like) structure (i.e.: Neutrino)
- IMG images, built for dm7000 with new LZMA compression
- IMG images, built for dm7000 (all previous images, from 107.4 to 1.09)
- FWZ backups of 7020 NFI images, both OpenEmbedded and Tuxbox-CVS
- FWZ backups of 7000 IMG images
- on 7020, you *must* have in flash a true OpenEmbedded image (no 7000 cvs-tuxbox like!).
Make sure before installing FlashWizard on your 7020 to have an OE image in flash.
on DM 7000, on flash and multiboot install (CF-HDD-USB-NFS):
- all known DM7000 IMG images, from 107.4 to 1.09
Just make sure to have a compatible image in flash when you install a new one.
In example, to install a new LZMA compressed image, you must have a LZMA image in flash too.
- all FWZ backups of 7000 images (both on flash and multiboot)
FWZ backups can be saved and restored with ALL images in flash, as they don't care of the
flash image's kernel/squashfs version.
on other dreamboxes, images on flash and on multiboot on supported external devices.