Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Repair to S10 open box

Hi all
    My open box S10 as a problem,there was a lightening strike close by and i cant access the server package.
    The box opens up as usual,i can see the FTA channels and the ethernet cable into the box is flashing as if the internet is going to the box.the menu, channel list is the same as before but it wont descramble the encrypted channels.

Ok i know i can just bin it and buy a new one,but i would like to try and fix it myself for the sake of learning.
    Can anyone point me as to what i should replace ie the power board etc i'm sure the likes of DVB key,my old mate Daeng,or alan the sat expert would have some ideas if its worth replacing a part.

I don't mind if i buy the wrong part as the parts are very cheap on the likes of ali baba but if i don't try i wont learn anything

Thanks
    JOE SOAP

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I dont know for the newer models...but in the S9 the network module was a pluggable one. it's around 8-10 usd on the net..
    TBS 5922 USB,Skystar 2, STRONG SRT4910, Openbox S9. 2.4M Prime Focus PAS10 - CBand(68.5 DEGE)+Thaicom(78.5 DEGE)+IS902 (62 DegE), 120cm dish Ew3A( 7DEGE) side LNB Ew2A( 10 DEGE)+w2(16 DEGE) ,3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11 DEGW) to AM33 (96.5 DEGE), 150 cm dish PAS 10 KU, 80cm dish Ew4/w7(36 DEGE)

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

yes just use those cheap tp-link wifi dongle should work great

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by JOESOAP View Post
    Hi all
    My open box S10 as a problem,there was a lightening strike close by and i cant access the server package.
    The box opens up as usual,i can see the FTA channels and the ethernet cable into the box is flashing as if the internet is going to the box.the menu, channel list is the same as before but it wont descramble the encrypted channels.

Ok i know i can just bin it and buy a new one,but i would like to try and fix it myself for the sake of learning.
    Can anyone point me as to what i should replace ie the power board etc i'm sure the likes of DVB key,my old mate Daeng,or alan the sat expert would have some ideas if its worth replacing a part.

I don't mind if i buy the wrong part as the parts are very cheap on the likes of ali baba but if i don't try i wont learn anything

Thanks
    As another user has said wifi dongle may get around the problem
    your lucky there is any life left after lightning strike lan and motherboard dead lol
    Bin it buy a new skybox f6 from our website with 300 channels free or buy andriod box we can open sky uk full package over 200+ channels
    we can also supply astro and every country lol nohing changes still have everything as always lol

dont matter what country you want i can supply

take care

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

additional info, open your box and see the physical form of those capacitor it is in the power supply section.if one of them is deform replace it,double check also the output voltage going to the mainboard....

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dobhan View Post
    additional info, open your box and see the physical form of those capacitor it is in the power supply section.if one of them is deform replace it,double check also the output voltage going to the mainboard....
    Thanks all
    A Thai friend of mine just opened the box and showed me were it had been hit by lightening.
    He just changed the part and it's back up and working.
    I did learn something as he also showed me how to enable the 45000 transponder if as on some boxes
    You can't get a good signal
    All I want now is the Skynet Myanmar to be stable.
    JOE SOAP

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by shahjees View Post
    yes just use those cheap tp-link wifi dongle should work great
    wrong,since the s10 has no wifi support

Thread Information