Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default beIN Sport expanding coverage into SE Asia

http://www.mpsilva.com/bein-sport-to...es-and-taiwan/

Does anybody know the details of this as it would affect Thailand? For example, what satellite will be used? How will packages be sold and at what cost? Will beIN use a cardless receiver or sell smart cards? Will the encryption be similar to Europe, where the equivalent channel opens quite easily?

I thought this development might be of interest to ex-Truevisions subscribers thinking about CTH. According to the adverts EPL coverage will be good.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by citizen33 View Post
    http://www.mpsilva.com/bein-sport-to...es-and-taiwan/

Does anybody know the details of this as it would affect Thailand? For example, what satellite will be used? How will packages be sold and at what cost? Will beIN use a cardless receiver or sell smart cards? Will the encryption be similar to Europe, where the equivalent channel opens quite easily?

I thought this development might be of interest to ex-Truevisions subscribers thinking about CTH. According to the adverts EPL coverage will be good.
    CAnt you read the press release for Thailand?

BEINSPORTS to thailand will only be on one channel ( not all 3 ) it will be on truevisions. It may not have any EPL in Thailand as CTH has the sole rights for EPL in Thailand.

Encryption in each market is dependent on the broadcaster. AS its on Truevisions then its NDS

--------------------

The channel line up has been tailored for each market with beIN SPORT 1 HD & 2 HD launching in Hong Kong, beIN SPORT 1 HD launching in Thailand and all three beIN SPORT channels launching in the Philippines and Taiwan.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

I see you haven't lost your ability to miss (a good deal of) the point. My question is about the satellites that can be viewed from Thailand, which may be available through the gray market or other means, and not only the package officially on sale there. Having looked at the press release that I posted, plus other stuff on the MP & Silva site, I did see that only beIN Sport 1 HD would be sold in Thailand, but I hadn't seen a press release saying that the provider is True. As you say, EPL rights could be an issue for that channel. The outcome of any wrangle will be very interesting to Thai board members, but this uncertainty is also one reason why I was interested in whether other providers from nearby countries will also carry the beIN channels. I see that in Indonesia the provider is Parabola Orange on Palapa D, encrypted in i****o but using a dedicated box, and on ku band,which will be out of range. It looks as though Astro is also carrying at least beIN Sports 1 and 2. My own feeling is that it is useful to have a picture of what is available where, and so beIN's attempt to get into the SE Asian market is interesting.

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Crap it is already in Thailand all channels on our iptv box

Kiss Kiss

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by EDIRECT View Post
    Crap it is already in Thailand all channels on our iptv box

Kiss Kiss
    ...which as we have said before isn't much use in huge areas of rural Thailand which don't have good broadband. I can see why you miss Bassett - because he spouted nothing but crap as well.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by citizen33 View Post
    I see you haven't lost your ability to miss (a good deal of) the point. My question is about the satellites that can be viewed from Thailand, which may be available through the gray market or other means, and not only the package officially on sale there.
    I didn't stop to think this site was called RDI Thailand, I thought I read it as RDI International. You only missed the part about only one beinsports channel being on Truesports because perhaps you perused the media statement too quickly. That is is why I am writing this post slowly, so your eyes will get it all in.

Also there are many other satellites that reach Thailand that carry Premier League. I am sure your friend Edirect has hacked them all already. I'm surprised he isn't offering Supersports South Africa yet. The question is not really which satellite footprint can be received in Thailand, its more like what size dish are you prepared to put up to get those signals.

Edirect claims that CTH is available on CS. But why would anyone pay a high fee for it when it's cheap to get? So even if it is on CS, I would forget paying for something that is so cheap anyways. I doubt CTH will fold in 6 months but lets wait and see. If they did would truesports get premier league again. Also CTH likely to get Thai Premier League bid in January.

OH and by the way, people in north thailand are watching http://www.aseaniptv.com/thaitv on streaming. The net there can work on streams that have real CDN uploads.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well, it is precisely because this forum is RDI International that I thought it rather perverse of you to focus on the one channel sold for the Thai market, rather than MP & Silva's wider endeavours in SE Asia. I did read the press release I posted, and am still at a loss to see where you got the information that True is the Thai provider for beIN Sports 1 HD. This would be a sensitive subject and big news in Thailand, given that True had lost out to CTH in the bidding war, and would as you say raise copyright issues. Can you provide a source to confirm your information that True will carry the beIN channel?

You question my point about poor rural broadband speeds by mentioning good reports from Northern Thailand. I'm not sure whether you've noticed, but Thailand resembles a 'Y' shape, with Northern region being the left fork and NE Region the right. Internet in the big cities of the North may be a bit better than most of the NE, where I stay. Despite Daeng's suggestion a couple of weeks back that internet in the NE is better now (based on his drive to Buriram), my view is that it hasn't moved on as much as he was suggesting. I looked at the 3G coverage maps following his post, and anybody outside a few big cities and some corridors around major highways has no chance of 3G (apart from internet by satellite at an extortionate price and with a lag). Certainly the nearest 3G coverage is miles away from where I live, and even ADSL depends on proximity to a telephone exchange. Interestingly, Mahasarakham University in the NE was one of only a couple of Thai test sites for 4G, but this just covers the immediate campus area.

I don't know if the remark about SS South Africa was a joke, but of course it was widely hacked before the 68.5E C band transmissions changed some years ago. Most current hacks depend on C/S, and again on an internet connection. The few pirate smart cards for other SE Asian providers floating around in recent years are not cheap, don't have great longevity, and might not anyway appeal to upstanding citizens such as you and I. There are gray market imports available at a a price, but the trend is towards dedicated boxes, which I don't like very much.

Regarding dish size, that can help up to a point and many of us have quite large C band dishes, but if the satellite is below the horizon size is irrelevant. Thus footprint does matter.

The day of IPTV will probably come. What I'd say is that, having subscribed to Sky Go, Netflix and Lovefilm via a 30 meg UK Virgin Media fibre-optic line and used Slingbox quite a lot, there are times when all have glitches. Satellite generally gives a better viewing experience, especially for HD. And as far as I know - E-Direct's new marketing interest notwithstanding - this is still a satellite TV forum.

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    I didn't stop to think this site was called RDI Thailand, I thought I read it as RDI International. You only missed the part about only one beinsports channel being on Truesports because perhaps you perused the media statement too quickly. That is is why I am writing this post slowly, so your eyes will get it all in.

Also there are many other satellites that reach Thailand that carry Premier League. I am sure your friend Edirect has hacked them all already. I'm surprised he isn't offering Supersports South Africa yet. The question is not really which satellite footprint can be received in Thailand, its more like what size dish are you prepared to put up to get those signals.

Edirect claims that CTH is available on CS. But why would anyone pay a high fee for it when it's cheap to get? So even if it is on CS, I would forget paying for something that is so cheap anyways. I doubt CTH will fold in 6 months but lets wait and see. If they did would truesports get premier league again. Also CTH likely to get Thai Premier League bid in January.

OH and by the way, people in north thailand are watching http://www.aseaniptv.com/thaitv on streaming. The net there can work on streams that have real CDN uploads.
    Dear yes i have hacked them all like i have done for last 15years - you dont need pay high price for my stuff its all free on my iptv
    not 1 service provider 1000s of channels to choose from free free including africa yes

Our box work worldide

You may notice many websites open offer these wonderful goodies LOL

i will not even mention my 1 million servers lol
    Its not a vision on you hahaha

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by EDIRECT View Post
    i will not even mention my 1 million servers lol Its not a vision on you hahaha
    Yes I have never seen a server in all my life.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

right now using Vu+ duo 2 and others using new dreamedit u can create your own IPTV and even DirecTV channels are working so some1 that have fiber connection got no problem with HD.
    looking for JSTV subscribers. & 9 east

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

The press release mentions that all 3 beIN Sports channels will be available in the Philippines...but I can't find any Philippine sat providers carrying the channels.
    Not on Dream, Cignal etc. Does anybody know who will carry the beIN channels?
    Maybe it will not be available via sat...and only be on Cable like Sky Cable in Manila...although I don't see it listed on their website either..
    Any news gratefully received. Thanks.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
    The press release mentions that all 3 beIN Sports channels will be available in the Philippines...but I can't find any Philippine sat providers carrying the channels. Not on Dream, Cignal etc. Does anybody know who will carry the beIN channels?
    Maybe it will not be available via sat...and only be on Cable like Sky Cable in Manila...although I don't see it listed on their website either..
    Any news gratefully received. Thanks.
    I emailed Beinsports and they advise they have not signed any contracts with any broadcasters in Taiwan or Philippines yet. AS they announced pretty late then you may find its a long time before they sign up to any broadcasters.

Dream cannot carry them as they are HD channels.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks Jim. Hopefully Cignal get the contract. The cable networks have a limited coverage of the country and many will be left disappointed if its only Skycable or the like. Maybe they should just beam it from Vinasat. I have a dish pointing at Vinasat ku..but the thai beam does not reach Philippines like the Vietnam VTC and K+ does.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kevo View Post
    Thanks Jim. Hopefully Cignal get the contract. The cable networks have a limited coverage of the country and many will be left disappointed if its only Skycable or the like. Maybe they should just beam it from Vinasat. I have a dish pointing at Vinasat ku..but the thai beam does not reach Philippines like the Vietnam VTC and K+ does.
    Yeah I cannot get 132e Viet sat here in Taiwan so if it comes on Cignal that I could get. I already have some of the Premier League on Jsports from Japan HD satellite

Problem is only 3 channels so there will be many Saturday where 2 or 3 games are not shown live, but on delay.

I think that Thai beam also wont reach Taiwan also. It's very narrow KU band beam. Will try a 3m next week and see.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default BeIN

As per Lyngsat BeIn channels are on Measat @ 91east.
    TBS 5922 USB,Skystar 2, STRONG SRT4910, Openbox S9. 2.4M Prime Focus PAS10 - CBand(68.5 DEGE)+Thaicom(78.5 DEGE)+IS902 (62 DegE), 120cm dish Ew3A( 7DEGE) side LNB Ew2A( 10 DEGE)+w2(16 DEGE) ,3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11 DEGW) to AM33 (96.5 DEGE), 150 cm dish PAS 10 KU, 80cm dish Ew4/w7(36 DEGE)

Thread Information