Following router firmware is supporting all dvb adapters released to-date by Genpix.
It is meant to be installed on wired/wireless routers supported by tomato firmware
(e.g. Asus rt-n16, Netgear WNR3500L with USB 2.0 hosting) all which are internally
clocked > 400Mhz to insure enough power for the pumping thread when serving vtuner clients over network.
The vtuner service is transparent to its clients, it was developed by default to be automatically discovered,
and does not require static IP from the client side. A DHCP client will discover the vtuner service if available
after enigma2 restart with no other changes necessary. Traffic statistics can be visualized by default in tomato interface
depending on the selection (eth0 if using the wired connection or wl-eth1 if using wireless).
Best results for HD streaming is with wired server/client. Have not tested yet if two or more dreamboxes are capable
of streaming from the same source, I suspect this is not possible unless streaming from the same transponder.
However it is better to read more about this at http://code.google.com/p/vtuner/
Will be providing later the client package which is confirmed to be working with dm800.
After client package installation and dreambox client restart a generic "vTuner" device will appear
on dm800 tuner selection.
1. Flash your router with image provided.
2. From webrowser type tomato IP as 192.168.1.1 and you can configure it as LAN client if behind another router.
3. Verify if telnet/ssh is working in the router and if not, needs to be enabled (Enable from Administration -> Admin access -> telnet/ssh support)
4. Connect your powered Skywalker to one USB 2.0 input located on your router.
5. Telnet into your vtuner router local IP and enter following:
6. If everything is working properly after "dmesg" you should see following in your telnet:
dvb-usb: found a 'Genpix SkyWalker DVB-S receiver' in warm state.
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (Genpix 8psk-USB DVB-S)...
dvb-usb: Genpix SkyWalker DVB-S receiver successfully initialized and connected.
7. If you cannot see this it means the router USB port does not have enough power for the skywalker needs.
(This was tested on the WNR3500L and the USB hosting is working only if a sturdy powered USB hub - Dlink type was used.
On the Asus, the USB hub was not needed)
8. Continuing in telnet one or two more commands are needed in following order:
vtuner.sh (for starting-up the vtunerd service)
vtuner_add_crond.sh (for adding the service to the crond)
9. If everything working smoothly at this point the vtuner server is awaiting for connections on your network.
10. Install the vtuner client on the dm800 and reboot the dreambox.
The dreambox image / drivers needs to be supporting dvb-s2 api 5, so you can try different images.
DOWNLOAD tomato firmware