Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Options for EPL in SE Asia this season

I spend a month or two in Thailand most summers, but have never really found a good way of getting English Premier League football since I cancelled my (then) UBC subscription. We cannot get fast internet where I live (only Edge), which limits the options, and I do not want to spend much for a shortish visit. Last season I was getting Pakistan Sports on Asiasat 3, but I see that has gone now. Does anybody know if there are any FTA or BISS possibilities? I wondered about Global TV on 113E and My TV on 134E, but don't know for sure that they will feature EPL this season. I also heard that terrestrial Channel 9 might have a few games. Any suggestions gratefully received. I have C (move) and Ku band dishes and a couple of HD receivers, which can be programmed. Location is NE.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Its reported that the EPL insist that 17 EPL matches are shown FTA
    I think Mcot channel are interested in showing these matches for a fee of 480 million Baht but are worried about
    recouping their money from advertising
    JOE SOAP

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by citizen33 View Post
    I spend a month or two in Thailand most summers, but have never really found a good way of getting English Premier League football since I cancelled my (then) UBC subscription. We cannot get fast internet where I live (only Edge), which limits the options, and I do not want to spend much for a shortish visit. Last season I was getting Pakistan Sports on Asiasat 3, but I see that has gone now. Does anybody know if there are any FTA or BISS possibilities? I wondered about Global TV on 113E and My TV on 134E, but don't know for sure that they will feature EPL this season. I also heard that terrestrial Channel 9 might have a few games. Any suggestions gratefully received. I have C (move) and Ku band dishes and a couple of HD receivers, which can be programmed. Location is NE.
    Best Options for EPL

Super IpTv English Box and hundreds more channels all in English

Example Channel List

CNN US HD / Fox News / BBC World / Sky News HD / Al Jazeera / CCTV News / USA Channel / TNT Movies / ITV Choice UK / ABC America / HBO Movies HD / HBO 2 USA / HBO HITS Movies / HBO Signature Movies / Star Z Movies / Showtime Movies / Star Movies / Fox Movies Premium HD / Star World HD / Fox Movies / FOX / FX HD / Fox HD / Fox 2 / Fox Life / Fox Family Movies HD / Cinemax / TVB Pearl / Movie Plus / Imagica Movies / SYFI Channel / CNBC / Bloomberg / Discovery World HD / NAT GEO HD / NAT GEO WILD / CCTV 9 Documentry / TLC Asia / Discovery Science / BIO / CI Crime Investigation / History Channel / Animal Planet / AXN / AXN Sci FI / Universal Diva / Fox Crime HD / E ! Channel / ETC / Asian Food / Fashion Tv / Disney Channel / Nick / Cartoon Network / Disney Junior / Fox Sports Plus HD / Fox Sports / ESPN Asia / Star Sports / ASN America / Golf Channel HD / Setanta / FSC + / ESPN America / EPL English Premier League / Sky Sports News HD / Soccer Channel / Goal 2 / J Sport 1 / J Sport 2 / J Sport 3 / J Sport 4 / Tensports / Eurosport / Ten Cricket / GMA / ABS CBN / NHK World / ICN / VH1 / MTV Hits / TV5 France / France 24 / DW TV / TVE / RAI / Australia / RTPI / Record / Africa Channel / Quaran TV / Sony mAX / News Asia

Product Info > http://www.satellitetvthailand.com/p...4232cd4cd64798

No Satellite dish required just internet connection

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by EDIRECT View Post
    Best Options for EPL

Super IpTv English Box and hundreds more channels all in English

No Satellite dish required just internet connection
    As I explained in my post, I only have GPRS Edge in rural Isaan - fast internet isn't an option, especially for two months a year. If it was I might try Sky Go through a proxy server (no 3.00pm matches, of course). I also have a Slingbox with most Euro satellites, but never tried to connect from Thailand. As mentioned in another thread, even Sky Go can suffer from lags in the UK, and that also applies to the Slingbox if web speeds dip.

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

As I explained in my post, I only have GPRS Edge in rural Isaan - fast internet isn't an option, especially for two months a year. If it was I might try Sky Go through a proxy server (no 3.00pm matches, of course). I also have a Slingbox with most Euro satellites, but never tried to connect from Thailand. As mentioned in another thread, even Sky Go can suffer from lags in the UK, and that also applies to the Slingbox if web speeds dip.
    If you have a original sky sub you dont need slingbox you can watch your sky sub over the internet if you register online with your serial card
    you could try www.filmon.com with your GPRS and watch all UK Channels free and lots more just register and it will open all UK so you could get the EPL that way simple easy and free

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

If you have a original sky sub you dont need slingbox you can watch your sky sub over the internet if you register online with your serial card
    you could try www.filmon.com with your GPRS and watch all UK Channels free and lots more just register and it will open all UK so you could get the EPL that way simple easy and free
    Thanks for that, which I shall bear in mind if my internet ever speeds up. At the moment Edge does not even give a reliable international internet telephone connection. Sky Go, which I mentioned, is the service that you get if you are a subscriber and register for internet TV with Sky (you get the same channels as in your subscription).

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

what bout buying sim card with 5gb or 10gb data transfer

i dont think for watching games online 5gb is small data i am watching NBA league pass 720p quality and i am not crossing 2GB but this is VOD service.
    looking for JSTV subscribers. & 9 east

R-D-I SPONSOR Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for that, which I shall bear in mind if my internet ever speeds up. At the moment Edge does not even give a reliable international internet telephone connection. Sky Go, which I mentioned, is the service that you get if you are a subscriber and register for internet TV with Sky (you get the same channels as in your subscription).
    Your other option which come with a $$$ price tag in thailand is Internet Via Satellite

http://www.tot.co.th/index.php?optio...id=507&lang=en

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Your other option which come with a $$$ price tag in thailand is Internet Via Satellite

http://www.tot.co.th/index.php?optio...id=507&lang=en
    no please dont subscribe this
    i know many use this befor and all ask about bad connections poor speed
    @citizen33 you need to subscribe True H 3G are good speed in Isaan with 3-6 mb/s much better as in Pattaya ore Phuket
    IPTV not testet on it but my test with 50 mb/s home line here in the north most time are ok aviable here 200 mb/s from True cost 9999.-Bath/month
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Daeng View Post
    no please dont subscribe this
    i know many use this befor and all ask about bad connections poor speed
    @citizen33 you need to subscribe True H 3G are good speed in Isaan with 3-6 mb/s much better as in Pattaya ore Phuket
    IPTV not testet on it but my test with 50 mb/s home line here in the north most time are ok aviable here 200 mb/s from True cost 9999.-Bath/month
    Last time I checked True 3G does not cover all of Isaan, in the main just the larger urban centres. My village has no coverage. At the moment I'm limited to Edge, though my phone is 3G capable. Internet by satellite was something I knew about, but, apart from the disappointing reports about speed, it doesn't make economic sense for 2 months a year. The ideal would be a BISS channel or a new HD package that is testing and hasn't encrypted yet, but probably these are less common than in the past. As JoeSoap said (and I mentioned in my OP), it looks like Channel 9 may have some games FTA. I have to say I am dubious about IPTV at low speeds; I was getting a few lags watching the rugby on Sky Go here in the UK this morning on what is nominally a 30 meg cable service.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

btw u said u are spending 1 max 2 months during summer u didnt mentioned which months is that july august? or other? english premiere league is starting mid august mostly and even skyuk is not covered all games sky it too

waht about signal JSC SPort they just won right to broadcast English league for few years if ppl can reach hotbird in Pakistan how bout 7 west in far east countries?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by BigApple View Post
    btw u said u are spending 1 max 2 months during summer u didnt mentioned which months is that july august? or other? english premiere league is starting mid august mostly and even skyuk is not covered all games sky it too

waht about signal JSC SPort they just won right to broadcast English league for few years if ppl can reach hotbird in Pakistan how bout 7 west in far east countries?
    from 16° east all sats behind Horizond here
    Daeng

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Last time I checked True 3G does not cover all of Isaan, in the main just the larger urban centres. My village has no coverage. At the moment I'm limited to Edge, though my phone is 3G capable. Internet by satellite was something I knew about, but, apart from the disappointing reports about speed, it doesn't make economic sense for 2 months a year. The ideal would be a BISS channel or a new HD package that is testing and hasn't encrypted yet, but probably these are less common than in the past. As JoeSoap said (and I mentioned in my OP), it looks like Channel 9 may have some games FTA. I have to say I am dubious about IPTV at low speeds; I was getting a few lags watching the rugby on Sky Go here in the UK this morning on what is nominally a 30 meg cable service.
    trie again True are cover big area with 3G now i am surprised also last March as i Drive to Buri Ram allways my Phones show 3G Signal
    Daeng

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks everybody. Just for completeness the period of my visit is from the end of July. Of course, I know the EPL doesn't start until August, which is another reason I don't want to spend too much for a few weeks coverage. Will look at the True 3G map again. If anybody comes across another easily accessible channel with EPL - perhaps Global TV - it would be good to post the info here.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

what about just DVR these games and using 3g connection or internet cafe to access box online just for making dvr and when u back to home watch it

Thread Information