Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default MBC channels from Arabsat - Poor signal

On Hotbird dish i'm not getting clear signals of MBC channels from Arabsat, while OneTV is clear. my location is Al Khobar. Would appreciate any input.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

retune your lnb, if necessary your whole dish. you should be getting around 70% signal rate and 90% quality on those channels (how big is your dish anway?)
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    retune your lnb, if necessary your whole dish. you should be getting around 70% signal rate and 90% quality on those channels (how big is your dish anway?)
    Thanks Boknoy will do that. I have a 110 cm dish arabsat lnb is offset from hotbird lnb. off topic, i'm trying to run a dos based program on windows xp but no success. need ur help badly. thanks!

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Plz use 3db LNB
    Tech

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@jimiski, that is quite a small dish for hotbird reception, let alone making an offset for arabsat.

as for your other problem, let me clear this out: There is no DOS in Windows XP! What is called the "command prompt" is not really DOS ... it can be thought of as more of a simulation of DOS. Windows XP (and Windows 2000), unlike Windows 95, 98, and ME, are NOT built on an MSDOS foundation. So, while this makes for better speed and stability, it also makes for sometimes lousy backwards compatibility. you may try to right click on on the exe of whatever DOS program you are trying to run, select properties, and hit "run in compatibility mode". if that does not help, tell me the name of the program and i'll try to figure out if you need a customised autoexec.nt and config.nt to run it or not, as some DOS programs require a lot of tweaking in the configurations, especially how you load up and handle the memory. for starters, see if these values in your config.nt (under windows\system32\) is already there, if not, edit with notepad and write these values:

dos=high, umb
    device=%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\himem.sys
    files=40

and if you can catch the error message while attempting to run the DOS based program, that would help a lot.

hmmmmm this brings some nostalgia to the good old DOS days, lol.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hotbird signal rate and quality are ok around 87%. I was getting clear MBC channels till about a month ago.

It's a program written to run a test instrument. Compatibitlity mode didn't help and the config.nt already has these entries. no error mssg. tho the screen just turns black for a split second then returns to windows. i've taken an old P1 running on W98 to temporary solve this problem. Thanks Bro!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

np. some old programs are not suited to run on XP. if it's not too much of a bother, i think it would be better for you to install a dual-boot configuration on your machine, install win98 first, then windowsxp. that way, you won't suffer the slow P1 performance, lol.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default MBC AT ARABSAT

I ALSO EXPERIENCE A BAD SIGNAL ON MBC ARABSAT BUT AFTER FEW HOURS IT IS BACK TO NORMAL SIGNAL 75%QUALITY AND 80% STRENGHT THEN IT GOES BAD SIGNAL AGAIN ,I CHECKED MY NEIGHBORS SAT.SYSTEM AND ITS THE SAME BAD SIGNAL.I GUESS THE PROBLEM IS ON THE UPLINK OR THE DOWN LINK. BUT NOW IT IS WORKING GOOD WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING.

Thread Information