Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    az30094
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default Diseq switch problem

I am experiencing a strange problem. I have to replace my Diseq switch 3 times in the past 6 months. Here is the story.

I have 2 dishes:
    Dish 1 - Arabsat, Nilesat and Hotbird
    Dish 2 - Asiasat 3S

Diseq configuration:
    Port 1 - Arabsat
    Port 2 - Nilesat
    Port 3 - Hotbird
    Port 4 - Asiasat3s

Port 2 (Nilesat) is repeatedly going bad. I replaced LNB and also cable to identify the problem. I am not sure whether my receiver is causing this damage. Presently I do not have any clue as to why it is happening. Some body please suggest me the remedy for it.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

have you tried buying BETTER brandname of disecq switch? some chinese-made rip-off are a pain to handle (they sometimes even come with a burned port right when you purchase it). could be your receiver causing the shorts? try changing port order and observe if it will still burn the port.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Diseq switch problem

@az30094

Dear friend, I'm now using PAUXIS 4 way diseq and it is a good one.I'd used it over 2 years and never met a problem.My first time, I used CHIETA diseq and problem occur from the ports.Just try it and u can be Ok.

Thanks.
    Best wishes.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Now a days all goods comming from china in satellite equpments,cheeper and very headache.The real qulaity is not availble. Startrack World in Box I is a good receiver before now it is very bad all piz complaint , so what can we do
    Tech

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Diseq switch problem

Quote Originally Posted by yan naing
    @az30094

Dear friend, I'm now using PAUXIS 4 way diseq and it is a good one.I'd used it over 2 years and never met a problem.My first time, I used CHIETA diseq and problem occur from the ports.Just try it and u can be Ok.

Thanks.
    Best wishes.
    as m8 yan naing sez...Pauxis is the best & for Lnb's also has

a 0.3db on it compare to other brand.im using this Lnb also for

my nbatv on turk'...don't ask the price,but the quality on it!

azi

hi,, make sure when you are connecting your discq sw to you receiver , is compleatly off from power

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Diseqc Switch

Mates, I am using Eurostar brand- Made in China but for the past 2 years I got no problem. I think the main cause is the climatic condition in your place. If rainfall is abundant, then you have to protect the Diseqc Switch from water as this would cause problem.

I hope this will help in assessing your present problem.
    Opportunity knocks only once!

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default DISEQC

THE PROBLEM MIGHT BE SOMETHING YOU HAVE NOT THOUGHT OF.
    WHAT CAUSES THIS PATICULAR DISEQC PROBLEM HAS NOT YET BEEN DETERMINED BUT WHERE A SPLITTER IS USED .... IN YOUR CASE POSSIBLY TO CONNECT THE NILESAT LNB TO TWO DIFFERENT RECEIVERS ONE OR BOTH OF WHICH WHICH GOES TO A DISEQC SWITCH , THERE OFTEN IS A PROBLEM.
    THE POWER THROUGH SPLITTER'S OUTPUT SOMEHOW EFFECTS THE DISECQ SWITCH.
    OF COURSE IF YOUR CABLE GOES FROM THE LNB DIRECTLY INTO THE DISEQC THEN THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEMBUT OTHERS SHOULD BE AWARE OF SPLITTER TO DISEQC PROBLEMS.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: DISEQC

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND
    WHAT CAUSES THIS PATICULAR DISEQC PROBLEM HAS NOT YET BEEN DETERMINED BUT WHERE A SPLITTER IS USED .... IN YOUR CASE POSSIBLY TO CONNECT THE NILESAT LNB TO TWO DIFFERENT RECEIVERS ONE OR BOTH OF WHICH WHICH GOES TO A DISEQC SWITCH , THERE OFTEN IS A PROBLEM.
    OF COURSE IF YOUR CABLE GOES FROM THE LNB DIRECTLY INTO THE DISEQC THEN THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEMBUT OTHERS SHOULD BE AWARE OF SPLITTER TO DISEQC PROBLEMS.
    Hi M8, when I used 2 way splitter on AGILA and join into 4 way diseqc,I'd met this diseqc problem particularly.So I separate this splitter and I never face this diseqc problem again.It's a right way.Thanks bro.

Thanks in advance.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

using a splitter to distribute the signal is a VERY BAD idea on KU band (even if you are viewing channels on the same polarity settings).
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    using a splitter to distribute the signal is a VERY BAD idea on KU band (even if you are viewing channels on the same polarity settings).
    Dear sir boknoy,I'm using 2 way splitter on AGILA ku watching with two receivers (emetabox and silverbox) has no problem.This two stb usually watch same polarity (12541 H).But when I use two silverboxs it's has problem occur that is drop signal.And another 2 way splitter using on Thaicom 2/3 Ku with DSTV SMART and My dream machine.It has no problem.

SPLITTER CONFIGURATION:

AGILA =2 way splitter
    THAICOM 2/3 =2 way splitter

DISEQC CONFIGURATION:

two 4 way splitter on 2 diff: receivers= AGILA ku,THAICOM 2/3 ku,MEASAT2 ku,two 8 feet dishes C-Band and TELSTAR 10.

Sir boknoy ,I'll take care of ur warn and many thanks.Anyhow Pls. help me whcih another way, better I can use these satellites.

Thanks.
    Best wishes.

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

mixing hi-freq band with low freq band is somewhat tricky. its mostly art than science.... trial & error!
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by khan2ton
    mixing hi-freq band with low freq band is somewhat tricky. its mostly art than science.... trial & error!
    Dear khan2ton, thanks alot brother.I'll try it till I know the ans.

Best wishes.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you can afford it, but a multi-switch. yes, they might be working fine as of now, but time will come that you will scratch your head ang buy another set of splitters, lnbs and disecqs.
    CCcam 2.1.4

az30094

Default Re: DISEQC

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND
    This quote opens up my mind. When I started to look back when the problem started, I figured out that the problem started when I started using a splitter. I used this splitter for splitting signal between my receiver and PC. But I was only using one device at a time.

Now I will start over again, buy another diseq switch, eliminate the splitter and hope for no further problems.

Thanks a lot for all the experts who came forward to put their opinions forward and helped me in identifying the problem.

No doubt, we have got a good set of helpers around.

Keep the fire burning.

Thread Information