to upgrade the firmware do the following steps:
1. Get a null modem (cross over) cable (9 pins - both ends female)
(I dont know which country u r now - try the electronic shops they probably will sell u the cable otherwise u will have to make one)
for making a null modem cable use this link http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/nulmodem.htm
2. download the latest firmware from the site mentioned above and unzip the files. (it will contain the firmware and a simple upload executable program)
3.. connect 1 end of the cable to your pc/laptop (when u have unzipped the firmware update) and other end to the comm port in the receiver.
4. boot up your pc (make sure your receiver is switched off and unplug all the sat cables)
5. switch on the receiver
6. run the simple upload executable program
7. select the correct comm port (trial and error, see the port settings in the control panel and make sure it is the same port for your loader, if not, modify from control panel/systems/hardware/device manager)
8. press START - after a few seconds a message will appear "waiting for bobb" - press OK (at this point, turn on your receiver)
9. look at the display of the receiver - it will boot then the upload should start 1-100
10. after the upload is successfully complete switch off the receiver
your receiver should now run with the updated firmware.
NOTE - U WILL PROBABLY LOSE ALL YOUR SATELLITE SETTINGS AND WILL HAVE TO REPROGRAM THEM AGAIN.