Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Africa - Christian Satellite Channels Viewable FTA

What are you able to get on Christian channels FTA in and around the continent.
    Please let others know by using this thread.
    Don't keep the "WORD" - Spread it.
    AMEN.

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Africa - Christian Satellite Channels Viewable FTA

All,
    From Nairobi, Kenya, with a 65cm offset dish pointed to Intelsat 10 (68.5 East) one can get over 30 Christian Channels, mostly of African origin on the following TPs: 12562H26657; 12602H26657; 12682H26657; 12722H26657, FEC 1/2, DVB-S.
    With 180cm on Intelsat 10 TP: 3806V6680, 3/4, MPEG4, DVB-S you get God-TV Africa

W4 (36 East), Sub-Saharan Africa beam, with a 65cm offset dish: you can get over 10 Channels (of which 2 are Christian namely: OH TV Africa; and LoveWorld plus); on TP: 12437H23437, 3/4, DVB-S.

NSS12 (57 East), in East and central Africa, with 65cm dish one can get FTA:
    GBS on: 3734L1400, 3/4, DVB-S2, MPEG4;
    TBN-Family TV on: 11026H9690, ľ, DVB-S; (relays programmes from TBN – USA)
    Sayare TV on: 11545H1085, 3/4, DVB-S (this channel also relays God TV programmes)

Telstar 11N (37.6 West), Sub-Saharan Africa Ku-Beam (65 to 90cm dish) you get FTA:
    10965V3300, 5/6, DVB-S:JCTV USA, MFM TV and Smile of a Child TV; Also, an FM station by the name, ‘Christian Power Praise’;
    11482H11970-5/6, DVB-S: Apostolic Oneness Network

Astra 4A (4.8 East),Sub-Saharan Africa Ku-Beam (65cm dish) you get FTA:
    12605V29950, 3/4, DVB-S: LM-TV (Lumiere du Monde; or Light of the World), among the 19 Channels on that TP. This channel mainly plays English and French Christian Music Videos

I hope to upload some more soon. Cheers, Nash.
    Last edited by FTA.Nash; 18th January 2012 at 15:17.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Some thoughts on Christian TV

Quote Originally Posted by kungu View Post
    Getting the Christian frequencies using a 90cm offset dish here in limuru.
    For tracking, use frequency 12562 H 26657. http://www.lyngsat.com/intel10.html

My preferred option for Christian channels is Thaicom 5 c band frequency 3640 H 28066 http://www.lyngsat.com/thai5.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bostephen View Post
    The Christian channels on the above birds are just fabulous, to tell you the fact those two are my favourite birds. Its good God TV is back on PAS7/10.
    Thank you guys. The reason I got addicted to FTA satellite was due to my quest for christian channels on PAS 7/10. Though outside of footprint, God gave the grace to us in Mauritius to get it.
    I put a separate 2m40 dish to get GOD TV off C-band PAS 10.It worked for sometimes then signal dropped. Though it was not GOD Africa but God Asia. I enjoyed it because I saw asian preachers . I'm so used with the Benny Hinn and ors. Later moving to Thaicom I got GOD Africa as they named it. Here no African preachers.
    To you my fellow christian brethren, how can a channel be named Africa with nothing african on it. To my sadness I moved to Apstar 2R this week to get GOD Asia.To my surprise there's nothing asian on it.
    We African may prefer westerners but Africa is the continent to watch in term of christianity.Isolated on the island of Mauritius we have no contact with mainland Africa. The only place I visited on mainland Africa is Nigeria end of last year . So PAS 10 has much more to offer if you want African stuff. I know no one is a good prophet in his own country

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Remerciements

Thank you Cogil for opening this thread. So I'm not alone.......
    merci FTA.Nash. From you I know there's an additional channel for me on NSS12: GBS.
    I'm on Apstar 2R to get only one christian channel GOD TV Asia( 3840H SR 27500 3/4)
    Intelsat 17 You have Subhavaartha TV and Angel TV(HD) in Tamil ( 4015V SR 30000 8pSK)
    Don't forget the Koreans on PAS 10 CGN( 3782 V SR 2965 3/4) and CTS (4059 V SR 3529 3/4) I sometimes find myself worshipping with them even if I don't understand Korean
    FETV (
    3893 V SR 3003 2/3)and Spiritword(4171 V SR 1681 DVB-S2) are also on C-band.

Be blessed!
    TBS 5922 USB,Skystar 2, STRONG SRT4910, Openbox S9. 2.4M Prime Focus PAS10 - CBand(68.5 DEGE)+Thaicom(78.5 DEGE)+IS902 (62 DegE), 120cm dish Ew3A( 7DEGE) side LNB Ew2A( 10 DEGE)+w2(16 DEGE) ,3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11 DEGW) to AM33 (96.5 DEGE), 150 cm dish PAS 10 KU, 80cm dish Ew4/w7(36 DEGE)

RankSat

Thumbs up Christian Channels

Hi fellow satmates.I too have been on the lookout for christian/gospel channels hence my search for a combined C/Ku LNB that I can use for the same.I'd like to aim the same to receive IntelSat 7,10 C- & Ku-band transmissions.Currently,i'm receiving Hope Channel Int'l & Hope Channel India (3472H4340), EWTN (4065H19850), FETV (3894V3003), Supreme Master Tv & GOD Tv (3807v6670) all on IntelSat 7,10 C-band.TBN Namibia (4039H2034) on IntelSat 906 has not been showing lately tho in the past twas quite ok. Anyone with info on the best combined C/Ku LNB kindly contact me with the details and I'll be glad.Be blest guys.Thank you...

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default C/KU combination

Quote Originally Posted by RankSat View Post
    Hi fellow satmates.I too have been on the lookout for christian/gospel channels hence my search for a combined C/Ku LNB that I can use for the same.I'd like to aim the same to receive IntelSat 7,10 C- & Ku-band transmissions.Currently,i'm receiving Hope Channel Int'l & Hope Channel India (3472H4340), EWTN (4065H19850), FETV (3894V3003), Supreme Master Tv & GOD Tv (3807v6670) all on IntelSat 7,10 C-band.TBN Namibia (4039H2034) on IntelSat 906 has not been showing lately tho in the past twas quite ok. Anyone with info on the best combined C/Ku LNB kindly contact me with the details and I'll be glad.Be blest guys.Thank you...
    The best combination i've seen is the ADL/Seapatriot feedhorn. You need to attached separate LNB for V and H polarisation but result is good.
    With the cheap models you have problem to adjust the C and Ku lNB independently. It may be sufficient for you with high signal levelfrom sat.

The ku LNB is the small one in the middle. It can be replaced by a single C120 flanged Ku LNB at the circular flange for reception of both V and H pol. I hope to use this combination this year when Intelsat 10 will be replaced by Intelsat 20 @68.5E position
    Last edited by patmos; 19th January 2012 at 08:34.
    TBS 5922 USB,Skystar 2, STRONG SRT4910, Openbox S9. 2.4M Prime Focus PAS10 - CBand(68.5 DEGE)+Thaicom(78.5 DEGE)+IS902 (62 DegE), 120cm dish Ew3A( 7DEGE) side LNB Ew2A( 10 DEGE)+w2(16 DEGE) ,3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11 DEGW) to AM33 (96.5 DEGE), 150 cm dish PAS 10 KU, 80cm dish Ew4/w7(36 DEGE)

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by patmos View Post
    The best combination i've seen is the ADL/Seapatriot feedhorn. You need to attached separate LNB for V and H polarisation but result is good.
    With the cheap models you have problem to adjust the C and Ku lNB independently. It may be sufficient for you with high signal levelfrom sat.

The ku LNB is the small one in the middle. It can be replaced by a single C120 flanged Ku LNB at the circular flange for reception of both V and H pol. I hope to use this combination this year when Intelsat 10 will be replaced by Intelsat 20 @68.5E position
    Feel I should invest on this kind of ku/c band combination for the soon to come Intelsat 20.
    Are the c band lnbs without feedhorns still readily available in market, I had almost forgotten about them.
    Or is there one similar to this but can use c band lnbs with feedhorns?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    Feel I should invest on this kind of ku/c band combination for the soon to come Intelsat 20.
    Are the c band lnbs without feedhorns still readily available in market, I had almost forgotten about them.
    But beware of imitation. I tried one with similar look but with no good result
    Readily available: Not sure but certainly available. Try ebay....I collect all unused ones where I can find them....old VSAT
    Quote Originally Posted by cogil View Post
    Or is there one similar to this but can use c band lnbs with feedhorns?
    Never seen....

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Best C+Ku LNB

Ranksat, Patmos, Cogil,
    Three years ago I purchased Strong’s SRT L972 combined C+Ku band LNB at Nairobi, for use on Intelsat 10. It worked marvelous for both C and Ku on a Eurostar 6ft dish without complicated skewing. I doubt if it is still available here. Check the following page for details: _h**p://www.strong-technologies.com/frmProdDetails.aspx?id=250_ . You can download specifications / product catalogue on that site. It is very reliable and I still use it to this day.

Junior Member Junior
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thumbs up christian channels

There are some Christian channels on Thaicom 5 (78.5 East) including Miracle (Thailand) Tp 3520H28125 FEC 3/4, Apostolic Oneness Network Tp 3551H13333 FEC 3/4 DVB-S plus some others. May God shower you all with His blessings through out the year and more FTA options.

Junior Member Junior

Kampala, Uganda. Astravox VSR-400 Reciever, Eurostar prime focus 1.8 m C Band Dish with multi-lnb c
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Christian Channels

Quote Originally Posted by patmos View Post
    Thank you guys. The reason I got addicted to FTA satellite was due to my quest for christian channels on PAS 7/10. Though outside of footprint, God gave the grace to us in Mauritius to get it.
    I put a separate 2m40 dish to get GOD TV off C-band PAS 10.It worked for sometimes then signal dropped. Though it was not GOD Africa but God Asia. I enjoyed it because I saw asian preachers . I'm so used with the Benny Hinn and ors. Later moving to Thaicom I got GOD Africa as they named it. Here no African preachers.
    To you my fellow christian brethren, how can a channel be named Africa with nothing african on it. To my sadness I moved to Apstar 2R this week to get GOD Asia.To my surprise there's nothing asian on it.
    We African may prefer westerners but Africa is the continent to watch in term of christianity.Isolated on the island of Mauritius we have no contact with mainland Africa. The only place I visited on mainland Africa is Nigeria end of last year . So PAS 10 has much more to offer if you want African stuff. I know no one is a good prophet in his own country
    Good thoughts there my brother; I like African Xtian channels like OH TV which has been going from bird to bird. Honestly it is one of the best Africa has offered. It has a somewhat balanced menu, combining entertainment and Christianity. Loveworld has a good look but you might think that the pastor is Jesus! here's too much about him than Him; Raphsody than the Bible. Other channels have no control on the sound and picture quality, rendering then rather unacceptable. Shouting is the norm of these brethren! I can contentedly watch God TV, CTV, sometimes Hope and 3ABN. 3ABN has good stuff for children. I miss another one am forgrtting which used to come from South Africa with a strong SDA position from a scholarly point of view. YOU WOULD BE SHAKEN IF YOU'RE NOT SURE OF YOUR ANCHOR.

I have a problem with christians who think that the only way one can preach is by preaching, and forgeting the world of creativity. Music, drama, documentaries, debates, testmonies, stories... are all availablle media to preach. I used to work with a christian radio station that would include secular music on their menu and statistics have it that the callers during that time were more of the lost than the found.

Then come the radios; my best is TWR coz of Charles R. Swindoll- a Havard literary graduate who speaks to the "modern Greek". I haven't been to PAS7/10 in a long time so I might be out of touch, but I am soon facing her especially since God TV is back. Thats my small observation!

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Eat the flesh, Throw away the bones

Quote Originally Posted by bostephen View Post
    Good thoughts there my brother; I like African Xtian channels like OH TV which has been going from bird to bird. Honestly it is one of the best Africa has offered. It has a somewhat balanced menu, combining entertainment and Christianity. Loveworld has a good look but you might think that the pastor is Jesus! here's too much about him than Him; Raphsody than the Bible. Other channels have no control on the sound and picture quality, rendering then rather unacceptable. Shouting is the norm of these brethren! I can contentedly watch God TV, CTV, sometimes Hope and 3ABN. 3ABN has good stuff for children. I miss another one am forgrtting which used to come from South Africa with a strong SDA position from a scholarly point of view. YOU WOULD BE SHAKEN IF YOU'RE NOT SURE OF YOUR ANCHOR.

I have a problem with christians who think that the only way one can preach is by preaching, and forgeting the world of creativity. Music, drama, documentaries, debates, testmonies, stories... are all availablle media to preach. I used to work with a christian radio station that would include secular music on their menu and statistics have it that the callers during that time were more of the lost than the found.

Then come the radios; my best is TWR coz of Charles R. Swindoll- a Havard literary graduate who speaks to the "modern Greek". I haven't been to PAS7/10 in a long time so I might be out of touch, but I am soon facing her especially since God TV is back. Thats my small observation!
    Thank you bro. for your opinion.
    You Know here we use to say " When you eat fish, you don't eat it all, you throw away the bones"
    For my kids I take the flesh apart for them.......LOL

RankSat

Default Gratitude

Thanks a lot to Patmos,FTA.Nash,et al for your timely response on the C/Ku combo LNB.Soon as I get some time,I'll update you guys on the progress I'll hv made.B blest v.much....

Junior Member Junior
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default FTA channels PAS7/10 Ku South-African Beam

English except where otherwise stated:
    3ABN
    KLN
    SWC
    CFTV
    JiL
    Hosannah
    FLN
    Messiah TV
    Novo Tempo Italian
    Olive
    ABN
    CTV
    RTM
    UBN
    Emannual TV
    Hope TV
    Love World
    WRS
    Dove Vision
    El Shaddai
    EWTN
    Evangel TV
    MFM TV
    Kruiskyk Afrikaans
    GNF TV
    Daystar
    GODCh
    HBTV Afrikaans/English
    DM500S on PAS7/10
    Darkstar2

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Amos5

Cogil, your favorite christian channel is on Amos 5 : Kingdom Africa + other Adventist channels.

Thread Information