Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default facing problems with 185cm dish

Hello

recently i bought an 185cm (Shinestar) c band dish with (Neosat) Lnbf
    i was able to get these satellites :

( Asiasat 3s - Paksat 1r - palapa D - Insat 93 & 83 - Yamal 201 & 202 .. and some others )

with all of them i faced the same problem : picture Freezing! although the signal is strong
    i checked everything, the cable is new and the dish is well aligned but still the problem is the same

what could be the problem? maybe a bad LNB ?
    ( i live in the UAE )

i also tried receiving KU band fqs with the same dish
    but it do nothing, i can even get better signal with 90cm dish
    Last edited by media92; 16th January 2012 at 19:38.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by media92 View Post
    Hello

recently i bought an 185cm (Shinestar) c band dish with (Neosat) Lnbf
    i was able to get these satellites :

( Asiasat 3s - Paksat 1r - palapa D - Insat 93 & 83 - Yamal 201 & 202 .. and some others )

with all of them i faced the same problem : picture Freezing! although the signal is strong
    i checked everything, the cable is new and the dish is well aligned but still the problem is the same

what could be the problem? maybe a bad LNB ?
    ( i live in the UAE )

i also tried receiving KU band fqs with the same dish
    but it do nothing, i can even get better signal with 90cm dish
    I suspect the LNB.I have same problem here with EUROSTAR LNB. I noticed that some type of LNBs are more prone to picking terrestrial interference. So it is worth borrowing another LNB ( different brand ) fror a test.
    For KU you need special LNB for prime focus dish......I guess you're using ordinary offset dish LNB.
    TBS 5922 USB,Skystar 2, STRONG SRT4910, Openbox S9. 2.4M Prime Focus PAS10 - CBand(68.5 DEGE)+Thaicom(78.5 DEGE)+IS902 (62 DegE), 120cm dish Ew3A( 7DEGE) side LNB Ew2A( 10 DEGE)+w2(16 DEGE) ,3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11 DEGW) to AM33 (96.5 DEGE), 150 cm dish PAS 10 KU, 80cm dish Ew4/w7(36 DEGE)

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by patmos View Post
    I suspect the LNB.I have same problem here with EUROSTAR LNB. I noticed that some type of LNBs are more prone to picking terrestrial interference. So it is worth borrowing another LNB ( different brand ) fror a test.
    For KU you need special LNB for prime focus dish......I guess you're using ordinary offset dish LNB.

thank you for replaying
    i'll try borrowing/buying another brand and hope that will solve it
    and yes i'm using an ordinary offset dish LNB
    i guess this make me buy 2 new lnbs

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

thank you for replaying
    i'll try borrowing/buying another brand and hope that will solve it
    and yes i'm using an ordinary offset dish LNB
    i guess this make me buy 2 new lnbs
    \
    Even with ordinary KU LNB you will get signal on strong tps. For weak ones it will not suffice.
    I've heard people on this forum talking about a good FUJI LNB for prime dish... I have never used it nor do I know where to get it.
    TBS 5922 USB,Skystar 2, STRONG SRT4910, Openbox S9. 2.4M Prime Focus PAS10 - CBand(68.5 DEGE)+Thaicom(78.5 DEGE)+IS902 (62 DegE), 120cm dish Ew3A( 7DEGE) side LNB Ew2A( 10 DEGE)+w2(16 DEGE) ,3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11 DEGW) to AM33 (96.5 DEGE), 150 cm dish PAS 10 KU, 80cm dish Ew4/w7(36 DEGE)

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Try adjusting the LNB to the left or right for maximum signal. also check your focal length.
    The Ku signals from Asiasat 3 are on a very narrow beam, so do not use that to test your signal strenght
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by patmos View Post
    \
    Even with ordinary KU LNB you will get signal on strong tps. For weak ones it will not suffice.
    I've heard people on this forum talking about a good FUJI LNB for prime dish... I have never used it nor do I know where to get it.
    I was able to get strong tps
    I'm actually trying to get this beam, it doesn't contain my region what makes it hard to receive

some people told me that it's receivable with 120-140 offset but i think i had enough with buying new dishes

/

I've heard about FUJI lnb too, it's good for both prime and offset

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    Try adjusting the LNB to the left or right for maximum signal. also check your focal length.
    The Ku signals from Asiasat 3 are on a very narrow beam, so do not use that to test your signal strenght
    I tried that and made it in its best position but still, i compared it too with the neighbors dish on the roof and they are the same.
    For Ku signals i just replaced the C-band LNB with the Ku-band LNB after pointing the dish to Asiasat3s and then adjusting the both, but no results came

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Some people forget about the skew setting. This is not just a question of moving the LNB from side to side but getting it pointing the right way. Look towards the dish from the front and note that there is a scale marked on the cap of the LNB, with a zero point at the centre and probably something like 30 degrees each way marked out. Align the LHB so that the zero line is horizontal and points to the right (with you standing in front of the dish looking at the cap of the LNB). Having got this basic setting (and a signal) you can then wiggle the LNB from side to side to make minor changes to the skew adjustment and get the strongest signal.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I tried that and made it in its best position but still, i compared it too with the neighbors dish on the roof and they are the same.
    For Ku signals i just replaced the C-band LNB with the Ku-band LNB after pointing the dish to Asiasat3s and then adjusting the both, but no results came
    Replace the C-band LNB and measure the focal length, then re'fit the Ku LNB, and make sure the focal length is the same. I suspect your focal length is incorrect and that's why your not getting a signal.

On a prime focus dish of 1.5 meters the LNB arms need to be 1.5 inches longer for the Ku LNB, then they do for the C-band. Reason, The scalar ring for C-band has a larger diameter then the Ku. When simply replacing the LNB's the change in diameter needs to compensated for.
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information