Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Question about DTH

Hello everybody

please tell me can we share one DTH service with 2 television sets
    if yes the how to share 1 DTH with 2 television sets...
    DTH is comming soon in pakistan with a very big Channels Tree..

We are using Tv cable system..and share one cable connection with three televisions at a time :P ..but i dont know should DTH service support two or Three television sets..

I am waiting for your replies.. thanks

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

also the same question from me.Currently i,m using 7 tv sets to one Dth in 7 different rooms of my home,but we can watch the same channel on all tv sets.for better picture result i,m using signal amplefier.may be we can watch different channels on each tv set by using card sharing recievers in each room. the PAK DTH will not come soon, first star DTH will come.on 22 of this month star is sending its settelite from Germony into the space ,first they will run test transmission for a month.regular transmission is expected in march/april.
    Abdur-Rehman Dawar.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you want to watch two separate channels on different tv sets, you'll be needing two decoders, connected to the lnb and tuned to different channels. if you want more, then additional hardware will be needed, preferrably a multi-out disecq switch for your multiple STB configuration and a dvb multiplexer to transmist all the received channels via UHF to your tv sets. read: 7 channels = 7 decoders = 7 subscriptions.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    if you want to watch two separate channels on different tv sets, you'll be needing two decoders, connected to the lnb and tuned to different channels. if you want more, then additional hardware will be needed, preferrably a multi-out disecq switch for your multiple STB configuration and a dvb multiplexer to transmist all the received channels via UHF to your tv sets. read: 7 channels = 7 decoders = 7 subscriptions.
    Dear boknoy_ph , I'm watching 4 separate channels(4 receivers) on 3 tv.I'm using DBY 8 U MIX MODULAOR and I've a problem that one receiver's channel is not clear (it has too much sports).I adjest modulator and change UHF channel setting from that receiver.But It's not OK.Dear what should I do another way.Plz. instruct me .I want to watch 4 separate channels clearly.

Thanks alot.
    Best wishes.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear Boknoy_ph
    you mentioned some hardwares. is there any mean through which i may watch different channels on different TV sets witha single decoder without buying another one ie..with one subscription
    Abdur-Rehman Dawar.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by dawar098
    Dear Boknoy_ph
    you mentioned some hardwares. is there any mean through which i may watch different channels on different TV sets witha single decoder without buying another one ie..with one subscription
    as far as i know, you cannot do that on a single receiver. maybe if your receiver has mosaic function then you can view all the other channels in a very small window, but only one channel will have the audio (not a good idea).

@yan naing,

it could be the rf modulator for that specific receiver is bad. try disconnecting a receiver from your hardware and put that faulty channel in it's place. that's the only way to find out if it's the rf modulator or the DBY port is faulty.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    Quote Originally Posted by dawar098
    Dear Boknoy_ph
    as far as i know, you cannot do that on a single receiver. maybe if your receiver has mosaic function then you can view all the other channels in a very small window, but only one channel will have the audio (not a good idea).

@yan naing,

it could be the rf modulator for that specific receiver is bad. try disconnecting a receiver from your hardware and put that faulty channel in it's place. that's the only way to find out if it's the rf modulator or the DBY port is faulty.

Dear sir boknoy_ph,thanks alot and I'll try it immediately.You are very great sir.

Thanks.
    Best regards.

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

that is why i am says.. boknoy_ph is BOSS

thanks for reply

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Boknoy is indeed our BOSS ,because he solves many of our problems. thanx BOKNOY_PH
    Abdur-Rehman Dawar.

Thread Information