Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Bad News For Astrovox / Micro-X Owners !

I made the unfortunate decision 2 weeks ago to buy myself the latest micro-x FTA reciever on recommendation! ( if i got friends like these I will never need enemys ! lol..)

Well you guessed it .. Multi and other channels worked for a whole 2 days before zippppp ! nothing !.. I wait and wait and wait checking out the astrovox site for the latest update software and nothing !... today I called astrovox ... spoke to a very harsh sounding gentleman who told me " what do you want for free !.. there are no guarantees with the software !".. he also very rudely told me "tuff ! you win some you loose some".. and they would no longer be offering any update software for my reciever.. he said it was "not their fault and nothing they can do about it !" ..... wow have I been cheated mega-style !... well I shall put this down to another "life-experience"... but if anyone out there is thinking of buying anything from Astrovox be warned !.. they have poor customer commitment and even ruder customer support!...

So my brand new Micro-x 2850 Ultimate joins the pile of other useless recievers !

What I need from you guys now is .. please please please can one of you suggest a good reciever which allows will aloow me to load up third-party software so I no longer have to depend on the suppliers of products !... I am sure you guys know whats what ... also I am in dubai so the reciever should be good for use here !.. I am ready and armed with my data transfer cable so just need a shout from you guys to run out and buy a new box !... any info would be greatfully recieved !

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

ooops

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default PS

PS.... does anyone want to buy a 2 week old as good as new useless Micro-X 2580 Ultimate!... going cheap.. any offers !! :lol: [/b]

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you should have read the thread "ban the manufacturers...." and you would have seen the lashing astrovox company got for not giving out software updates in time, if at all.

now, there are a lot of receivers which does not rely on manufacturer's to update the software. if you plan to solely use it here in middle east, neotionbox is a good stb with software upgrades from several sources. metabox is another (reliable third party coders are out there). if you got the cash, then go get yourself a dreambox or triple dragon and dive to the world of linux. i think astrovox is out to get customers on a single deal only.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default We have to do something, really

I have been searching the net for clones of these types of receivers. I read that coship 5300b is a clone of these one. I guess we all gonna have ( yes i mean me! also a microx victim) to experiment with our receivers by loading softwares from astrovox and microx clones. But of course we need the help of experts from rdi.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

...so this means should i dump my astrovox stb now that it's useless as its manufacturer!
    "I was hiding in fear of being found out - by myself"
    AstroVox 2600+
    eMetabox1

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Astrovox is back
    with TPS AutoUpdate
    ww.ast-micsupport.com
    RoSSo ViRaGe UlTrAs

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Droopy View Post
    I made the unfortunate decision 2 weeks ago to buy myself the latest micro-x FTA reciever on recommendation! ( if i got friends like these I will never need enemys ! lol..)

Well you guessed it .. Multi and other channels worked for a whole 2 days before zippppp ! nothing !.. I wait and wait and wait checking out the astrovox site for the latest update software and nothing !... today I called astrovox ... spoke to a very harsh sounding gentleman who told me " what do you want for free !.. there are no guarantees with the software !".. he also very rudely told me "tuff ! you win some you loose some".. and they would no longer be offering any update software for my reciever.. he said it was "not their fault and nothing they can do about it !" ..... wow have I been cheated mega-style !... well I shall put this down to another "life-experience"... but if anyone out there is thinking of buying anything from Astrovox be warned !.. they have poor customer commitment and even ruder customer support!...

So my brand new Micro-x 2850 Ultimate joins the pile of other useless recievers !

What I need from you guys now is .. please please please can one of you suggest a good reciever which allows will aloow me to load up third-party software so I no longer have to depend on the suppliers of products !... I am sure you guys know whats what ... also I am in dubai so the reciever should be good for use here !.. I am ready and armed with my data transfer cable so just need a shout from you guys to run out and buy a new box !... any info would be greatfully recieved !
    WELL MY DEAR FIRST LET ME SAY I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH AND IF YOU ARE STILL THINKING OF BUYING A RECEIVER I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE STARSAT SR-X4200 BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS
    1) THE RECEIVER IS VERY CHEAP TO BUY
    2) IT OPENS TPS AND MULTIVISION PACKAGE AND SOME POLSAT CHANNELS
    3) JUST UPDATE THE RECEIVER WITH THE LATEST SOFTWARE AND FORGET ABOUT THE REST

GOODLUCK
    NAB897

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by NAB897 View Post
    WELL MY DEAR FIRST LET ME SAY I AM DEEPLY SORRY FOR WHAT YOU HAVE BEEN THROUGH AND IF YOU ARE STILL THINKING OF BUYING A RECEIVER I WOULD STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE STARSAT SR-X4200 BECAUSE OF THE FOLLOWING REASONS
    1) THE RECEIVER IS VERY CHEAP TO BUY
    2) IT OPENS TPS AND MULTIVISION PACKAGE AND SOME POLSAT CHANNELS
    3) JUST UPDATE THE RECEIVER WITH THE LATEST SOFTWARE AND FORGET ABOUT THE REST

GOODLUCK
    NAB897
    One year two months waiting for software to watch sat tv
    i dont think he even remembers the thread, and had probably flogged the receiver - sad
    Dstv HD PVR

FINISHED&GONE WITH SILENT Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by viragiste View Post
    Astrovox is back
    with TPS AutoUpdate
    ww.ast-micsupport.com
    temperarly disabled..........

Thread Information