Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Tiltile 8 For Federer

01 August 2004
    The Swiss continued his mastery over Roddick improving his head-to-head record against his American rival to 7-1.

Federer, who turns 23 next week, needed less than 90 minutes under a hot Canadian summer sun to collect his fourth consecutive title and eighth of the season - the most since Austria's Thomas Muster won 12 in 1995.

The Wimbledon and Australian Open champions' winning streak of 23 matches is the longest since Pete Sampras strung together 24 victories in 1999.

It was also Federer's third consecutive title on three different surfaces, his polished performance indicating the Swiss may be poised to add a first U.S. Open title to grand slam wins this year at Wimbledon and the Australian Open.

The top seed will have an opportunity to equal that mark next week when he takes on Dominik Hrbaty in the opening round of the Cincinnati Masters.

"I'm exhausted, so tired. It has been another great week for me," said Federer. "But I think, in the future, Andy and I will play many, many more matches and you (Roddick) will definitely get your share."

With a match record of 52-4 this season there are few signs Federer is prepared to share anything.

A sublime opening set had appeared headed for a tie-break until Federer broke Roddick to take a 1-0 lead in the match.

When Roddick's forehand return sailed long it brought an animated fist-pump from the Swiss and rage from the defending champion, who slammed his racket on to the court.

As always there was no surrender from the hard-hitting American who is at his bludgeoning best on the North American hardcourts having won his previous seven finals on the surface.

But again Roddick could find no answers, Federer keeping the U.S. Open champion under constant pressure then gaining the decisive break with a stinging crosscourt forehand to go up 5-3 before holding serve to take the title.

"I'd like to congratulate Roger but you are starting to become very, very annoying," joked Roddick during the post-match ceremonies.
    h+w

exterminator Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I agree with Roddick although I don't like him any better either.

without big surprises it seems U.S. Open is going to Switzerland since Toronto and the Master Series U.S. Tours. are just good warm ups for another G.S. title for Federer...

rgds
    whitesnake.com

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I think no one can't beat Federer is same as Aresenal.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

In the woman(WTA) is very surpirsing for people.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Now you see Arsenal and Fedder are lost each either right now.

That's mean world's logical in your eyes. Everyone could be lost in one day.
    h+w

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

No one can't be successful every time in the life.

We must understand the logical in the world.
    h+w

Thread Information