Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default how to bypass microsoft WGA check

i know a lot of people here are using bootleg versions of the windows xp OS so i hope this helps a bit to protect yourselves and be updated on the necessary fixes.

Bypassing windowsupdate WGA check:
    Before pressing 'Custom' or 'Express' buttons paste this text to the address bar and press enter:

javascript:void(window.g_sDisableWGACheck='all')

It turns off the trigger for the key check. you may choose custom or express at this point.

to bypass ie7 installation WGA check:
    1. Extract IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe with WinRAR [www.rarlabs.com] (or anything that works) to a temporary directory.

2. Open updateiecustom.dll in a hex editor (i use ultraedit).

3. Navigate to hexadecimal offset 0x1034h(4148 decimal) and change 0F 95 to 0F 94.

4. Save and execute update.exe.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default win xp check

hi , i have tried the pasting thing and it didn't work unless i did it wrong , i'm quite a novice and the things you were saying after that are absolutely baffling for a beginner .
    can you be more specific on what to do or give as novices a link where it says it step by step please .
    thank you

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

first, go to www.windowsupdate.microsoft.com (you will be redirected to http://update.microsoft.com/windowsu....aspx?ln=en-us or you may click on this link directly if you want) during which it will check if you have the latest autoupdate software installed, if not, click yes to install and you will be presented with the option to do the update via "custom" or "express". at this point, you insert the javascript as provided in the address bar and hit your enter key (you won't notice anything changing) but after this, you should be able to proceed with the update process, having bypassed the WGA checking.

as for the ie7 install, first download the exe file to a specific folder. then right click on the exe file (you must have winrar or winzip install) and select extract to a specified folder (extract it now). go to the folder you extracted the file to (i choose the default which is ie7-windowsxp-x86-enu) and go to subfolder "update". locate the file "updateiecustom.dll" right click and edit (again you have to install a hex editor, i use ultraedit in this case) and find the specific entry as stated above. modify, save and run update.exe. that's all.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default microsoft check

i managed to get past the paste thing done , started instalation of service pack 2 and after 30 sec it said , checking product key , and install failed .
    Do you think my copy has been reported and i should get another OS or there's a way around it ? Thanks

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default win xp check

i think i know what's happening , i allready have the update downloaded on my hard from a while ago and i didn't use the bypass then and now it woudn't work because its still checking . do u know how i get rid of the old download and try again with the new one ? thanks

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

m8,
    its a little bit laborious! the fastest way is to installed Win XP with SP2, from your old XP then select upgrade from the prompt! Don't try to boot the CDROM or it will wipe out your old installation.
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

Junior Member Master
    Posts Thanks / Likes

the java hack that boknoy posted doesn't work anymore it worked for sometime untill M$ took control.
    But anyway there's another more simple way to do update, without the Windows Genuine advantage.
    1) Open IE
    2) Go to windowsupdate, than once there before pressing any button, go to Tools in the IE taskbar and Press Manage Addons
    3) Find Windows Genuine Advantage bla bla bla, and press dissable at the bottom. Restart IE
    That's it you can update now without the WGA Check.
    O Innocent victims of Cupid,
    Remember this terse little verse
    To let a fool kiss you is stupid,
    To let a kiss fool you is worse.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default win xp check

sorry to be a pain but theres no Manage addons option in my tools to press . any other way ? thanks

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: win xp check

Quote Originally Posted by mariust5
    sorry to be a pain but theres no Manage addons option in my tools to press . any other way ? thanks
    go to tools, then internet options. go to programs. from there you can see the manage addons: or you may wish to
    get xp-sp2 from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en then simply enable your windowsautoupdate to check every night for updates and you will be patched properly.[/u]
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information