Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: wish to buy

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default wish to buy

hi,

pls inform what is deference between dvb skystar1 and skystar2. which is the best and where i can at cheaper price in dubai u.a.e.

many thanks.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

the SS1 has a CI slot on it. SS cards are a bit pricey, if you want budget cards, look for Twinhan from your computer shops in Dubai.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    the SS1 has a CI slot on it. SS cards are a bit pricey, if you want budget cards, look for Twinhan from your computer shops in Dubai.
    dear boknoy i think ss2 is batter then twinhan cards the difference is not so much i buy vision plus 1020a here in dubai was 175 dhs and that time ss2 was available 250dhs. and the problem in 1020a is need good computer like p4 atleast 2.4 and good display card atleast 64 mb otherwise picture freezing and some other problems happend.
    one more thing ss1 has builtin display memory plus tv out and its more expencive.
    thnks

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

of course, SS products are much better compared to twinhans. im only suggesting an alternative, depends on his budget, he might opt to buy the nexus-s for all we know

SS1 has built-in mpeg decoder which makes it ideal for low specced pcs (but this will be a bad choice if you plan to do offline data grabbing). SS2 is a good choice. Twinhans are known for faulty tuners, so just to save the buyer the headache of installing the pci card and worrying why the card won't work, he might as well shell out some extra cash and get the better cards.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

many thanks friens. actualy my question was for Technisat german made pc dvb skystar1 and skystar2. could pls inform which is better and can plugin s2emu and similar other plugins. if possible pls inform best selling shop/s with telephone numner as i am in saudi arabia.

thanks again

Thread Information