Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default satellite configuration & general problems in dreambox 800

hello I have few questions related to dreambox 800.

yesterday my contractor came to install thaicom on lnb1 and measat on lnb 2.

1.Thaicom is now ok as I can view a few free channel like dhamma and music channel, but I use default setting for astro it cannot find channel on astro.
    Measat 3 have only c band option but I install universal lnb from idea chun. I think have to key in symbol rate and fec manually? I am sure the contractor setup the dish correctly because I watch him install have SNR 98-100% and AGC 100%, but when use default search option in dreambox can only see AGC about 79% SNR missing. My settings under SatFinder:

Tune: manual transponder
    Satellite: measat 3/3a (91.5E C-band)
    System: DVB-S
    Frequency: 12316
    Inversion: Auto
    Symbol Rate: 30000
    Polarity: Horizonal
    FEC: 5/6

My settings under tuner setup:
    Configuration mode: advanced
    Satellite: measat 3/3a (91.5E C-band)
    LNB: LNB 2
    Priority: Auto
    LOF: User Defined
    LOF/L: 09750
    LOF/H: 10600
    Threshold: 11700
    Voltage mode: Polarization
    Increased voltage: no
    Tone mode: Band
    DiSEqC mode: 1.2
    Toneburst: None
    Committed DiSEqC command: None
    Fast DiSEqC: no
    Sequence repeat: no

My equipment:
    75cm dish on LNB 1 receiving thaicom (working)
    8 ft mesh dish on LNB 2 (universal idea chun) (problem)
    Idea chun diseqc 4/1

2. In blue panel I try to choose ccam 2.1.4/oscam 0.99.4 to view astro but it always go back to ccam 2.1.4. How to change to ccam/oscam?

Thank you

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

set it up to 214 then unplug the power, not reboot by remote, plug power back in, it will be in 214

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks.

this is the solution to make ccam/oscam permanent right?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

sorry I omit to say I’m using dm 800hd.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

After trying everything AGC is still at 66% with no SNR.

The 2 satellite dishes are installed with a cable run of about 80m from the house. Could this be a problem with the measat dish as the signal might be weakened by the long cable run? The contractor did suggest to install a inline amplifier to boost the signal…

However the smaller thaicom dish is connected by the same long cable run but is still receving SNR 100% no problem…

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by homesolutions View Post
    After trying everything AGC is still at 66% with no SNR.

The 2 satellite dishes are installed with a cable run of about 80m from the house. Could this be a problem with the measat dish as the signal might be weakened by the long cable run? The contractor did suggest to install a inline amplifier to boost the signal…

However the smaller thaicom dish is connected by the same long cable run but is still receving SNR 100% no problem…
    technician has previously eyballed the dish to measat, now you have uni lnb mounted on 8ft dish pointed to measat to get astro on low ku band, right?

1)tone burst needs to be set correctly for each lnb
    2)manaully input astro's frequencies then search

you don't need line amplifier, i have used them for experimental purpose, it's not necessary in your case, your problem appears to be in the box setting

i have similar coax lengths with 4 4x4 multi-switches in cascade working without problems

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

clarkebelt

thanks for the advice. could you suggest what settings for toneburst is appropriate for measat and thaicom?

About the Measat dish, the installer suggest to change from universal lnb to universal lnb extra. That way signal would be stronger.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

clarkebelt

thanks for the advice. could you suggest what settings for toneburst is appropriate for measat and thaicom?

About the Measat dish, the installer suggest to change from universal lnb to universal lnb extra. That way signal would be stronger.
    trie to setup first without Diseqc switch direktly Cable from LNB in to Receiver
    so no need any diseqc settings LNB LOW 09750 LNB High 10600
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

After playing around with the Diseqc settings, there seems to be some improvement. I changed the committed diseqc command for thaicom from none to AA and for measat from none to AB. Still cannot find channels for measat using auto scan but under SatFinder for measat 3 when change from manual transponder to predefined transponder the AGC go from 63% to 76% briefly, when change from predefined transponder to manual transponder there is a brief lock on the signal the SNR go to 100% before disappear again. AGC drop briefly to 56% before coming to 63% again.

Don’t know what it means, but situation better than before. Maybe conflict between the 2 LNB(different make and brand)?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

I think the problem lies with using universal lnb instead of prime focus extra gain lnb for the mesh dish. will get the installer to come over and change it next week. Update again after that

thanks

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

After playing around with the Diseqc settings, there seems to be some improvement. I changed the committed diseqc command for thaicom from none to AA and for measat from none to AB. Still cannot find channels for measat using auto scan but under SatFinder for measat 3 when change from manual transponder to predefined transponder the AGC go from 63% to 76% briefly, when change from predefined transponder to manual transponder there is a brief lock on the signal the SNR go to 100% before disappear again. AGC drop briefly to 56% before coming to 63% again.

Don’t know what it means, but situation better than before. Maybe conflict between the 2 LNB(different make and brand)?
    This looks OK for idea chun, i use the same diseques,

LNB1=Thaicom=AA (on dreambox)
    LNB2=Measat=AB (on dreambox)

maybe worthwhile to check if the installed diseq is really switching or not, so before going the new LNB route you might want to test with a different diseq or Daeng's way no diseq, coax from Measat going directly to the box, and why not get all the ASTRO channels registered in the box this way first before disequing Thaicom and Measat together

did you keyed in the correct ku transponders of ASTRO manually before searching? http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

When the drizzle stops later, I will go out to disconnect thaicom and connect measat to lnb 1 of the diseqc switch. The mesat lnb is mounted quite high up and the ladder I have is not high enough.

The measat auto settings in my satellite.xml file as follows:

<sat name="E 91.5 Measat 3 Ku " flags="1" position="916">
    <transponder frequency="10982000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="3" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="11062000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="3" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="11102000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="11182000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="11482000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="11522000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="11562000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="11602000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="11642000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="11682000" symbol_rate="30000000" polarization="1" fec_inner="5" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="12523000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="12523000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="12563000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="12603000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="12603000" symbol_rate="28800000" polarization="0" fec_inner="3" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="1" pilot="2" rolloff="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="12643000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="12683000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="12723000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="1" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    <transponder frequency="12723000" symbol_rate="27500000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>
    </sat>

manual search I use Freq 10982 V 30000 5/6

both cannot find.

But as mentioned earlier when change from predefined transponder to manual transponder there is a brief lock on the signal the SNR go to 100% before disappear again so I believe there is a particular frequency and symbol rate which can lock on but there are almost infinite combinations of freq, polarity, symbol rate and fec . I don’t know how to begin

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

After I disconnect the thaicom dish from LNB 1 and connect measat dish to LNB 1 I can lock on to measat:

12.50-13.00 dB SNR 81% AGC 79%

Using satfinder these are the settings:

Frequency 10982 symbol rate: 30000 polarity: horizontal fec: 5/6

However it was only able to find 21 services:

ASP+, DISN, HBO, HHD, NGEO, PERONAL TV, PPV PORTAL (home ts), PRIMA, SMV, SUN, TEST, TEST, TEST, TEST,WLT,(…),(…)

Of these 4 are viewable:

HBO, ASTRO PRIMA, SUN, WLT

So should I change 91.6E back to 91.5E now?

After that I reconnect thaicom dish back to LNB 4(afraid LNB 2 might be faulty), but this time it cannot find any services with the former settings: frequency 10750

So don’t know it’s diseqc faulty or LNB conflict?

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

i suggest not to use diseq at all, have the coax from Measat connect directly to the box, then

set up>service searching>manual transponder scan

and then manually input each of Astro's transponder one at a time and search one at a time till you have covered all the transponders

once you got all Astro channels by direct connection from LNB>box method and all watchable, u can go back and test the diseq

remember,

LNB1=satallite 1(Thaicom)=AA (on the box)
    LNB2=satellite 2(Measat )=AB
    LNB3=satellite 3(xxx )=BA
    LNB4=satellite 4(xxx )=BB

don't forget to save after every transactions

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

After I disconnect thaicom dish and remove Disqec switch, I connect measat LNB direct to box. Then I input settings as before. Under SatFinder, cannot lock on to satellite when using vertical polarity. Can only lock on using horizontal polarity.

When use manual scan, vertical polarity can only find 21 services as before.

Automatic scan cannot find anything

So maybe LNB is spoilt?

Thread Information