Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 11 EUR (11%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default IPM Thailand on NSS8/Thaicom 5

Haven't been to Thailand for a while, but wanted to investigate IPM for my next visit. I heard that there is EPL football most weekends, though with Burmese commentary (may be incorrect information). I see that the receiver package as sold consists of C and Ku FTA channels on the two satellites, plus some BISS encoded IPM channels on NSS6 Ku band.

Does anybody know: (a) does the receiver use a card or a softcam? (b) are the BISS keys available to use in a non-official box? (c) is there indeed a sports channel that carries EPL games (apart from the occasional game on Thai Ch 3, 7 etc)? I'd be grateful to Daeng or anybody else if they know.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by citizen33 View Post
    Haven't been to Thailand for a while, but wanted to investigate IPM for my next visit. I heard that there is EPL football most weekends, though with Burmese commentary (may be incorrect information). I see that the receiver package as sold consists of C and Ku FTA channels on the two satellites, plus some BISS encoded IPM channels on NSS6 Ku band.

Does anybody know: (a) does the receiver use a card or a softcam? (b) are the BISS keys available to use in a non-official box? (c) is there indeed a sports channel that carries EPL games (apart from the occasional game on Thai Ch 3, 7 etc)? I'd be grateful to Daeng or anybody else if they know.
    The main provider in Thailand is True Visions on Thaicom 2/5 @ 78.5E KU band, you can see nearly all the EPL games at the weekend with English or Thai commentary.
    You can buy a legit card (about 1,500 Baht pm) that will work in a non official box or you can cardshare with the likes of the Dreambox.
    Most bars,Hotels show this package if you are only staying a short while
    JOE SOAP

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Sorry Citizen 33 i have just seen your post on another forum with regard to IPM
    I have not seen this package but i would think most channels are FTA mainly in Thai
    I doubt if you would get any football never mind the EPL.
    Stick to cardsharing on the Dreambox or buy the True Visions legit card or watch the football in the bars
    JOE SOAP

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thai Ch 3 5 7 do not carry EPL games, sometimes they carry FA CUP and Champions Leagues games but Truesports is also showing FA CUP games.

To get all the EPL you need a Platimum card WHICH COSTS Baht 2000pm ( more if you want all the extra channels ) or perhaps also a new HD decoder if you also want Truesports HD which also carries live NFL Tennis Italian Serie A and a host of other sports. Truesports carries every live EPL game, and some are also shown on the Special Sports and Preview Ch 99

Now if you have the Vulkano system you can watch your Truevisions anywhere in the world. Plenty of Thai's living outside of Thailand in Europe UK USA China Korea Japan etc getting all their Thai channels this way

If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

IPM on NSS6 have 120 channels maby 10 FTA but the Qualitiy of this channels
    are bad its only for Thai People also no have EPL rights its cheap Packete encryptet need to check Receiver no need card mutch better are True Vision but still also not good even have only 2 HD channels and Video size are 576 so 2000 Bath/month for Platinum to mutch
    I2E offers Stream TV from Europe with very good Pay Tv Providers but only ok in Bangkok with hightspeed connection

Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for your answers.

Of course, I know about True Visions and indeed subscribed for a couple of years when it was UBC. A subscription isn't really good value for the two or three months a year I stay in Thailand these days. CS is a possibility but I have to rely on GPRS Edge for internet in a rural area, which isn't ideal. I asked about IPM (which is available as a package for about 8K baht one-off price with receiver) because somebody on another forum claimed that he was getting the (BISS encoded) IPM channels and that one of them had EPL most Saturdays and Sundays but with Burmese commentary. I was sceptical about this but hoped for some first hand reports. The other option that I know about is K+ (see other thread) but DVBkey's deal seems a bit iffy, especially for a month here and a month there.

Apart from a small number of BISS channels on IPM, there are many more than 10 FTA channels on NSS6 and Thaicom 5 - which I have actually set up already for my Thai mother-in-law.. Also - though I haven't checked this year - the Saturday night game on terrestrial Thai TV alternated between Bundesliga and EPL last time I checked. Has that changed?

I noticed some cryptic notes about PMs for BISS keys on a Thai Dreambox forum, but not sure if the keys are really available. I'm surprised that Daeng doesn't know. Perhaps our mate from Phuket is better informed.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for your answers.

Of course, I know about True Visions and indeed subscribed for a couple of years when it was UBC. A subscription isn't really good value for the two or three months a year I stay in Thailand these days. CS is a possibility but I have to rely on GPRS Edge for internet in a rural area, which isn't ideal. I asked about IPM (which is available as a package for about 8K baht one-off price with receiver) because somebody on another forum claimed that he was getting the (BISS encoded) IPM channels and that one of them had EPL most Saturdays and Sundays but with Burmese commentary. I was sceptical about this but hoped for some first hand reports. The other option that I know about is K+ (see other thread) but DVBkey's deal seems a bit iffy, especially for a month here and a month there.

Apart from a small number of BISS channels on IPM, there are many more than 10 FTA channels on NSS6 and Thaicom 5 - which I have actually set up already for my Thai mother-in-law.. Also - though I haven't checked this year - the Saturday night game on terrestrial Thai TV alternated between Bundesliga and EPL last time I checked. Has that changed?

I noticed some cryptic notes about PMs for BISS keys on a Thai Dreambox forum, but not sure if the keys are really available. I'm surprised that Daeng doesn't know. Perhaps our mate from Phuket is better informed.
    sorry but i am really not interesting on IPM TV but i can get all Infos need to ask my Thai Friend Cardsharing works good with Dm 800 and EDGE Modem no frezzing speed are over 200 kb/s even GPRS works on it and sharing are the cheapest solution and good Packete are aviable Astro Telcom VSTV Tensport True and more
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Well Daeng,

This chap has enough money to travel to Thailand for a few months a year vacation but can't afford a few thousand Baht for a legit card? He can get the basic pack with a lot of the EPL for 1000 baht a month.. he will spend more money trying to pirate Truevisions than paying a legitimate subscription lol

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

I've noticed that quite a few people on this forum are short on accurate information and long on evaluation, and I'm afraid I would put you in that category my old mate. One would need at least Truevisions Gold at 1700 per month to get EPL (around 450 GBP per annum). I subscribed for a few years when I was not resident all the time, but as I am paying through the nose already in my home country, you'll forgive me if I want to duck out. You'll remember, if you actually read the thread, that my inquiry was not about hacking True but about IPM (which has no monthly payments). Daeng does provide useful information but at the moment I don't really want to try CS. Don't bother telling me I could slingshot my own service to Thailand, it is hard enough getting Skyplayer to work in the UK without lags. Isn't it a bit rich to accuse me (a guy who pays his subscription) of hacking, when you make part of your living by colluding in the illegal provision of copyrighted material out of rights area?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I've noticed that quite a few people on this forum are short on accurate information and long on evaluation, and I'm afraid I would put you in that category my old mate. One would need at least Truevisions Gold at 1700 per month to get EPL (around 450 GBP per annum). I subscribed for a few years when I was not resident all the time, but as I am paying through the nose already in my home country, you'll forgive me if I want to duck out. You'll remember, if you actually read the thread, that my inquiry was not about hacking True but about IPM (which has no monthly payments). Daeng does provide useful information but at the moment I don't really want to try CS. Don't bother telling me I could slingshot my own service to Thailand, it is hard enough getting Skyplayer to work in the UK without lags. Isn't it a bit rich to accuse me (a guy who pays his subscription) of hacking, when you make part of your living by colluding in the illegal provision of copyrighted material out of rights area?
    When you need BISS keys to access a service without the rights then you are hacking it, even if it's not a paid service. Something wrong if you can't get skyplayer to work in the UK... We can even watch it here in Asia with no lag. Yet you want to watch content in a country that doesn't have the rights for it then accuse me of doing something illegal.

Please, do have some manners. All we have advised the BPL is not FTA on the Thai channels and nor is it FTA from other sources mostly. Sometimes you can get an FTA BPL game on Asiasat 5, if you're lucky.

I just use my Vulkano on Sky UK but alas, Sky Sports as we know doesn't have 3pm kick off games so it's a pretty useless package for football as you would be aware. But the BBC has the best F1 coverage in the world.

Now as for me doing anything illegal, first you should understand the laws of the country where where I live. The Supreme court here has already ruled on exactly the matter you refer to, and found it perfectly legal to view content from outside of the little rock I live on, and to placeshift it elsewhere, and has found there is no violation of copywrite in doing so. And secondly, I don't stream to anybody. My clients stream to themselves by connecting to their own devices that they own.

So my dear sir, before you accuse me, I do not partake in or collude in any illegal activities. The MPAA has also confirmed that what I do is legal, when it was approached by a local broadcaster about my operations.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes, yes , yes, if you say so... and that is why you publish details of your business address so openly on the forum. Your country of residence does not remove culpability in respect of activities that may be deemed illegal in other jurisdictions. If the authorities in those jurisdictions should have the opportunity to bring you to account, you may be at risk. So perhaps overseas vacations of two to three months per year are inadvisable in your case. Stilll I don't suppose Interpol will have its agents manning the borders for a tuppeny-hapenny Taiwanese satellite dealer.

And if you think that BISS keys are going to help anybody hack True Visions, you aren't much of an Ir....o 2 engineer. But actually it was always the case that 'Ir....o 2 saleman' would have been a more accurate moniker.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes, yes , yes, if you say so... and that is why you publish details of your business address so openly on the forum. Your country of residence does not remove culpability in respect of activities that may be deemed illegal in other jurisdictions. If the authorities in those jurisdictions should have the opportunity to bring you to account, you may be at risk. So perhaps overseas vacations of two to three months per year are inadvisable in your case. Stilll I don't suppose Interpol will have its agents manning the borders for a tuppeny-hapenny Taiwanese satellite dealer.

And if you think that BISS keys are going to help anybody hack True Visions, you aren't much of an Ir....o 2 engineer. But actually it was always the case that 'Ir....o 2 saleman' would have been a more accurate moniker.
    I never mentioned hacking Truevisions which I don't do as subscriptions are quite reasonable. You were the one talking about another other package with BISS keys, not I.

I travel around all the time thanks. I am not on anybodies wanted list lol

As for my website. It's well known as is my address and telephone number. I have nothing to hide. So what activities of mine in Taiwan are illegal? Please do tell.

Next thing you will be claiming I will get deported from Taiwan hahahahahaha

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    Well Daeng,

..he will spend more money trying to pirate Truevisions than paying a legitimate subscription lol
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    I never mentioned hacking Truevisions
    There isn't really much point in debating an issue with somebody who can't remember what they said a post or two ago!

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

There isn't really much point in debating an issue with somebody who can't remember what they said a post or two ago!
    True. But you were the one who brought up using soft cam or Biss keys you doddery old soul

Does anybody know: (a) does the receiver use a card or a softcam? (b) are the BISS keys available to use in a non-official box? .

Thread Information