Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default why weak signals?

i dont understand why there are weak frequencies or weak signal if the package or transponder is with same direction or coverage like others from the same satellite? pls help

DISH CITY Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

All transponder bandwidth requires every earth station to transmit a high bit rate, which requires high transmission power. In TDMA signal is Digital & can be divided by time, are easily reconfigured for changing traffic demands & can readily handle mixed voice, video & Data traffic.
    Megahertzpark

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kachak View Post
    All transponder bandwidth requires every earth station to transmit a high bit rate, which requires high transmission power. In TDMA signal is Digital & can be divided by time, are easily reconfigured for changing traffic demands & can readily handle mixed voice, video & Data traffic.
    Thx for your post.
    Stop Using Plastic Bags!
    Using 5R to Protect Our Green Planet
    Reduce,Reuse,Recycle,Reject & Return

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by kachak View Post
    Thx for your post.
    Stop Using Plastic Bags!
    Using 5R to Protect Our Green Planet
    Reduce,Reuse,Recycle,Reject & Return

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by castro View Post
    i dont understand why there are weak frequencies or weak signal if the package or transponder is with same direction or coverage like others from the same satellite? pls help
    In the digital word, weak signals translate to picture break-up, or in most cases a non-existent service. And as such there is no such thing as a weak digital signal.. What there is is insignificant dish size for the signal being transmitted. If the signal carries a high FEC such as 7/8, then in some cases
    it will require a larger dish, to maintain a service, and while an FEC of say 3/4
    will play all day without trouble on the same dish.

Please supply more details of the service your trying to access, together with your dish size
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett View Post
    In the digital word, weak signals translate to picture break-up, or in most cases a non-existent service. And as such there is no such thing as a weak digital signal.. What there is is insignificant dish size for the signal being transmitted. If the signal carries a high FEC such as 7/8, then in some cases
    it will require a larger dish, to maintain a service, and while an FEC of say 3/4
    will play all day without trouble on the same dish.

Please supply more details of the service your trying to access, together with your dish size
    yes thx in fact am talking about c band signal on intelsat 7/10 frequencies of dvb-s2 like kenyan mux and tbc i can receive uganda and zambia but no signal at all on the dvb -s2 frequencies my dish is 6feet any idea? am in muscat oman

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Cool Dvbs-2

DVBS-2 have different FEC than DVBS. DVBS-2 need littlebit bigger dish than DVBS need. In most cases, DVBS-2 signal is weaker (Due to higher BER - Bit Error Rate) than DVBS.

basset, I2E both are masters in satellite receiving. So correct me if I am wrong.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by castro View Post
    yes thx in fact am talking about c band signal on intelsat 7/10 frequencies of dvb-s2 like kenyan mux and tbc i can receive uganda and zambia but no signal at all on the dvb -s2 frequencies my dish is 6feet any idea? am in muscat oman
    I would say your dish is right on the border line, In good weather
    the signal will boom in, But cloudy overcast days it struggles.
    A six **** dish equates to a 1.8, and I'll bet it's a mesh dish, which
    drags the signal strength down even more. IF your right under the satellite then it would probably be OK. But really for signals with a high FEC your really looking at a 2.4 solid dish to get continual services
    regards from OZ bassett

Thread Information