Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Driver Help for DVB-PCI Card!

Hi People!

Well I got the [email protected] DVB PCI Card and I installed it. Got the drivers off PentaMedia Website and installed it. Installed PROGDVB but it does not detect my card. So is there any driver which is compatible with my PCI DVB Card and is recognized by ProgDVB? What are these BDA Compatible drivers and where do I get them from?

Anyone willing to help a newbie?

Thanks
    Sumit

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

your pentacard is listed among the bda compatible card. just load your drivers off pentamedia, and configure progdvb to run with the bda compatible drivers after installation. after which, run progdvb and select your card from the list and activate it.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Failed on Windows 2003. Will try on Windows XP and get back

Hi!

Thanks for your prompt reply. I did what you told me but it was on Windows 2003. I am loading Windows XP on a spare machine and will give it a shot. In Windows 2003 ProgDVB says that BDA Device is not present.

If this fails, can i try the Twinhan drivers? If yes, from where can I get those drivers?

Regards
    Sumit

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

progdvb has it's own twinhan compatible drivers, just reinstall progdvb and select twinhan from the drop down menu. or you may get it from www.twinhan.com.tw
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    progdvb has it's own twinhan compatible drivers, just reinstall progdvb and select twinhan from the drop down menu. or you may get it from www.twinhan.com.tw
    You need to load the twinhan multimedia controlers into Windows (XP is the best bet for most dvb application) before you load progdvb or any app like this, this will be on your twinhan cd (that came with your card or usb device) or dload from the twinhan web site in the usa or taiwan.

Make sure that it is loaded and winman is running the first time you load progdvb as it will auto detect your twinhan device.

Good luck

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default No Luck

I tried the [email protected] Drivers with Windows 2003....no luck
    Twinhan drivers with 2003....no luck
    [email protected] drivers and twinhan dribers with XP...still no luck

Now, from where do I get the Twinhan Multimedia Controllers? I have absolutely no idea which software is this...any url?

Please help!
    Regards
    Sumit

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

change your dvb card.. and buy Technisat Skystar2..All rounder,No driver problems..even linux support

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Thats what i am going to do....but.....

Well anyways....i am giving up (for the time being) on the [email protected] card. I am looking for the Skystar 2 card but its not available in India (or is it?). I have an option to go for the original Twinhan card. Will be placing an order for the Twinhan. In the meanwhile, if someone can make the Skystar available to me in India for a decent price, I will go for that instead.

Regards
    Sumit

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: No Luck

Quote Originally Posted by SumitB

I tried the [email protected] Drivers with Windows 2003....no luck
    Twinhan drivers with 2003....no luck
    [email protected] drivers and twinhan dribers with XP...still no luck

Now, from where do I get the Twinhan Multimedia Controllers? I have absolutely no idea which software is this...any url?

Please help!
    Regards
    Sumit
    As per this message

boknoy_ph wrote:

You need to load the twinhan multimedia controlers into Windows (XP is the best bet for most dvb application) before you load progdvb or any app like this, this will be on your twinhan cd (that came with your card or usb device) or dload from the twinhan web site in the usa or taiwan.

Make sure that it is loaded and winman is running the first time you load progdvb as it will auto detect your twinhan device.

Good luck
    Eyes wide open..

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Doubts about [email protected] Card!

Now I have my doubts about the capabilities of the [email protected] card I have. When I had got this card, it was only used to get One-Way Internet. The software it came with did very well with the card and I used to get the job done. I was using Agila-2 C Band with a subscription from Hawaii Teleport. Now it is no longer need for internet and so I decided to use it for television.

The [email protected] website http://www.pentamedia.com/eng/product/receiver.php# suggests that it is for high speed data and does not mention anything about television. Other websites manufacturing such cards like twinhan and hauupage specifically mention that their cards can do data and television. So can my card be used for television in the first place? If yes, can it be tested with some ordinary software to get FTA before I can try a program like ProgDVB?

The software that comes with the card has no option to view any channels.

Anyone please provide me with detailed instructions.

Regards
    Sumit

Thread Information