Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: DD DTH on NSS 6

anamika
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default DD DTH on NSS 6

friends, is it possible to get the signal in Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar). if so what kind of LNB (dB) required and the size of Dish. kindly educate.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: DD DTH on NSS 6

Quote Originally Posted by anamika
    friends, is it possible to get the signal in Saudi Arabia (Al Khobar). if so what kind of LNB (dB) required and the size of Dish. kindly educate.
    1/ Dish for DD = 30 meter prime focus (100 **** dish) [same as in Jeddah]
    2/ Ku band LNB

You can get the ME feeds now right on a 120cm off set and any FTA Ku band receiver and Ku band LNB

Would it not be better to just take the channels of Insat 2e there as most of DD MUX is there already on the C Band and it booms into everywhere there?

anamika

thanks for your prompt response, but kindly educate me more about prime focus Dish (is it 30 or 3mtr dish). I have already installed insat 2e, but only receiving wide beem signals. DD national or DD sports are not covering. Can I get these channels with good C band LNB in Insat 2e3b.

Quote Originally Posted by kuband
    2/ Ku band LNB

You can get the ME feeds now right on a 120cm off set and any FTA Ku band receiver and Ku band LNB

Would it not be better to just take the channels of Insat 2e there as most of DD MUX is there already on the C Band and it booms into everywhere there?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

thanks for your prompt response, but kindly educate me more about prime focus Dish (is it 30 or 3mtr dish). I have already installed insat 2e, but only receiving wide beem signals. DD national or DD sports are not covering. Can I get these channels with good C band LNB in Insat 2e3b.

Quote Originally Posted by kuband
    2/ Ku band LNB

Ah heck (smile) I thought by putting 100foot dish next to the 30meter you would understand that with no problem.

DISH SIZE: t h i r t y M E T RE (three-Zero) 30m

anamika

i have asked this question because i heard that in Dammam and khobar area shops are selling specialized dish & lnb for this. i want to know from the people having experience or already setup this. kindly respond only the people in this area or those with better knowledge about this.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

i have asked this question because i heard that in Dammam and khobar area shops are selling specialized dish & lnb for this. i want to know from the people having experience or already setup this. kindly respond only the people in this area or those with better knowledge about this.
    They were selling the new ZEE Mux off Intelsat not NSS 6. Check it out we were seeing it in our aramco compond.

alanpaladka

Its very difficult to get DD DTH in western parts of Saudi. I heard that It can be received in Kuwait by using a 6 to 8FT dish.

Thread Information