Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Ali4u
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Default ( SkyStar 2 ) E . X . P . E . R . T . S help me ! plz.....

Hi...there..All

Hope to be fine all and ejoying you time ... I am using skystar2 with alt-dvb and progdvb ... I have problem all the time I record any thing using these any of these two programe .. i m not able to watch them again offline ... programe recoreded with progdvb can be viewd offline using the progrdvb programe ... but not alt-dvb and normally use alt-dvb .. is there any way i can watch my programe later in windows media player ...i mean i want to ask how to descramble it ..to convet it to simple mpeg ..like format to be watch later in windows media player ... plz guide me in a bit details ... I will be much thankfull to you for your this help ...

Satellite Internet Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: ( SkyStar 2 ) E . X . P . E . R . T . S help me ! plz..

Quote Originally Posted by Ali4u
    Hi...there..All

Hope to be fine all and ejoying you time ... I am using skystar2 with alt-dvb and progdvb ... I have problem all the time I record any thing using these any of these two programe .. i m not able to watch them again offline ... programe recoreded with progdvb can be viewd offline using the progrdvb programe ... but not alt-dvb and normally use alt-dvb .. is there any way i can watch my programe later in windows media player ...i mean i want to ask how to descramble it ..to convet it to simple mpeg ..like format to be watch later in windows media player ... plz guide me in a bit details ... I will be much thankfull to you for your this help ...

DEAR FRIEND,

THE DATA COMES FROM SATELLITE HAVE ITS OWN FORMAT.U SHOULD USE THE SOFTWARE MPG2 CUT IN ORDER TO SEE THESE RECORDINGS OR DOWNLOAD MPEG 1,2,3,4, CODECS AND INSTALL THEM IN IUR SYS THEM U WILL BE ABLE TO SEE THEM.SOME
    TIMES THEY ARE PLAYABLE IN DVD PLAYERS ONLY.

az30094

All the programs that work with SS2 record in MPEG2 format. This is the same as a DVD format. You mentioned that you can play it with ProgDVB. You can use any program that can play DVDs, like PowerDVD, etc. The Windows media player is also capable of playing this file, but I have seen that it is not doing a good job at it.

Alternatively, you may use a file conversion program to convert it any other format and use your favourite program to watch them. But remember that converting from one format to other format always results in loss of quality of picture.

Better download a free DVD player and enjoy your movies.

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

AOA Dear Ali
    i am planing to buy ShyStar 2 PCI (DVB PCI) Card. can you tell it that good product or not r u watching pay challanel with that card if yes than which challans are that

thank
    Mustafa

Quote Originally Posted by Ali4u
    Hi...there..All

Ali4u

Default thnx but ........

thnx all for your kind suggessions ... but what i think you hvnt understood my question fully ... My question is ... when i record something from any crambled channel like Multivision , Animal Planet etc .. so i m not able to watch it ..as the recorded format is a TS file ...which is still scrambled ...can some body plz tell me how to convert this TS file and descramble it ... so that i can play it in Windows Media Player later offline ... I think i am too simple now.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear ALI
    i am using PROGDVB and its just working fine with recording.U have to go in Services and click on record optons..change your record option in to Mpeg2.
    i am recording some movies from Multivision and the file format is MPEG2
    Hope this may help u
    Bye takecare

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

AOA Dear Ali
    i am planing to buy ShyStar 2 PCI (DVB PCI) Card. can you tell it that good product or not r u watching pay challanel with that card if yes than which challans are that
    SKYSTAR2 is best..ALL HACKED CHANNELS ARE WORKING FINE ON DVB CARD..
    BETTER RESULT

az30094

Dear Mr. Laghari

The advantages of owning a PCDVB card (or you say SS2) are:
    - Regular updates are available on internet. So you can update your software (it is called plugins) easily and without any hassles.
    - Recording your programs directly in in high quality and in the original format.
    - You can buy a good paid of headphones and enjoy sound with "theaterical effects".

The disadvantages are:
    - Your PC has to be on and gets tied up for the entire session of viewing.
    - The viewer software tends to get unstable and even crashes your system. After a viewing session, you may have to do a cold restart of your PC to resume your normal operation on PC.

There may be more points that others could add to this.

az30094

when i record something from any crambled channel like Multivision , Animal Planet etc .. so i m not able to watch it ..as the recorded format is a TS file ...which is still scrambled ...can some body plz tell me how to convert this TS file and descramble it ... so that i can play it in Windows Media Player later offline ... I think i am too simple now.
    Dear Ali4U,

I have tried recording from scrambles channels. They just work fine without any problems. Try as Mr Aqeelraza has suggested. I hope there should not be any problems.

Ali4u

I dont know y u guys are not getting me ... though i am too simple to explain ....I really dont know how can you play a recorded session in windows media player ... without descrambling it ... do you mean you recorded some scrambled channel using probdvb n you were able to play it in windws media player ... IMPOSSIBLE ... My question is simpy this when i record something scrambled with progdvb ... if i gave that file to my friend ....how can he play that file in windows media player ...?

Thread Information