Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default emetabox 2 STB not receiving signals

I just purchased a used receiver from flea market. Problem is when i enter all parameters and start search, it does not show any channel list. The dish is aligned to Insat 4a (TATA sky) for Ku band signals. I have a LG FTA receiver and TATA sky receiver. Both receivers scan and detect all channels perfectly with good signal strength. Of course the LG receiver shows the channels as scrambled but it shows the channel list.

I have no info whatsoever on the new receiver. It has e metabox 2 written on bottom LHS. No info is found regarding this receiver on the net. I have wide experience with the LG and TATA sky receiver, but this receiver is new to me. Any info will be appreciated.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Are you sure the lnb settings are perfect? As you bought it second hand it is not sure whether the tuner itself is working or not!

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

I have checked the LNB connections and parameters in the setup menu. When single/all/tp scan is given, the receiver scans for 1 second with no result and automatically returns to the previous menu.
    With LNB cable disconnected, signal level and quality is 0%, with cable connected Level=42%, quality=74%.
    My guess was either Tuner has gone bad or s/w problem because i bought it for Rs 100 (2 USD) at chor bazaar. Condition of unit is excellent
    No user manual on net. Forum does not allow me to post pics or links. How to post pics?

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

May be software problem? Upload images in sites like imageshack or tinypics and post the link here Some experts will help you.

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Attaching pics. Receiver says invalid card but no slot to insert card?

Thread Information