Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Tuning in "oval" offset Ku dish

I have a 75cm Ku band offset dish that I use for Dr**m here in the Philippines. I have tried to turn the lnb to achieve the full signal strength as directed from a few sites, without much success.
    My question is this, does this turning of the lnb to achieve the correct polorization, apply to an oval shaped dish, or only to a circular dish?
    And, if it doesnt apply to an oval dish, will "skewing", or tilting the dish have the desired effect?

As a side note, does anybody know of shops selling dishes in the Philippines?. Im thinking of trying a bigger, higher quality dish. The one I bought in ksa is going rusty already after only a month!

Gold Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: Tuning in "oval" offset Ku dish

Quote Originally Posted by kevo
    I have a 75cm Ku band offset dish that I use for Dr**m here in the Philippines. I have tried to turn the lnb to achieve the full signal strength as directed from a few sites, without much success.
    My question is this, does this turning of the lnb to achieve the correct polorization, apply to an oval shaped dish, or only to a circular dish?
    And, if it doesnt apply to an oval dish, will "skewing", or tilting the dish have the desired effect?

As a side note, does anybody know of shops selling dishes in the Philippines?. Im thinking of trying a bigger, higher quality dish. The one I bought in ksa is going rusty already after only a month!
    Offset dish focussing is some what difficult comparatively,,,it requires more tilt than circular dish
    Fte Max 100S
    Humax IRCI-5400z
    Asiasat 3S,NSS 6,Insat 4B,Thaicom2/5,Intelsat7/10,HB 6/7A/8

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@kevo,

we at www.mydreamtv.com are trying to get support for few local hobbyists who cater to satellite needs in Pinas. you may visit that forum and pm JimboAlc as he is expecting some dishes sometime next week.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information