Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default I need help for dm 500

friends my problem is that my dm 500 was operating nicely but last night it started receiving signal only from output no one from diseqc and oly some frequencies i tried direct but only some frequencies were received what is the problem any idea? thx

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by castro View Post
    friends my problem is that my dm 500 was operating nicely but last night it started receiving signal only from output no one from diseqc and oly some frequencies i tried direct but only some frequencies were received what is the problem any idea? thx
    You question not clear ?

you cables and LNBF. may be issue on cables and LNBF. if you have multiple LNBF check individual LNBF. if every one giving same problem. then check cable from diseqc to your receiver. may be lightning effect.

it is better if you can check with another DM 500. then go to DM 500 check it with some were else from your setup.

if same problem there. Try with factory reset and reconfigure. if cannot re-flash box with PLI Image and check.

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

b4 replacing anything,try doing a rescan of that sat.if that doesnt work,,try to ascertain if u have lost one polarity from the lnbf,,,can u get all V,,or all H ,,or do u get some from each?
    cheers,,,dave

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

The disecq must be spoiled. try changing a new one and see as i faced similar problem and was solved by changing the disecq switch.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default help for dm 500

Quote Originally Posted by castro View Post
    Hope by now your problem is solved from the replies given so far. Do not forget to acknowledge just to keep our database perceptive.

In additional to answers given, basing on past experience. Before u change/replace anything try to clean all contacts starting from the diseqc output to LNBs removing wet rust and and moisture.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

not problem with lnb or diseqc or cable itried with athor receiver is tuning nice for this one in fact i had seven satellites tuned and was nicely operating sudenly it stoped receiving some channels i thought may be diseqc problem but not i erased the old image and flashed a new one it was taking only from the output no one of diseqc i am using a 8x1 diseqc and was tuning some frequencies and some not and from output 2 to 8 not tuning i tried direct same problem tuning only some frequencies i took it to technician told me may be tuner problem then called and said not repaible is true?*

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

seems strange that ur tuner would stop working partially,,i would think it either works or it doesnt.have u lost V or H or a combination from both?try daisy chaining the db to the output of ur known good box to see if is a problem supplying the correct voltage for polarity switching.(u will need both boxes using the same polarity at the same time,or the one with 18v will dictate voltage supplied,but u probably know this)
    i use 8x1 diseqc also,and sometimes it has to search on all the different outputs untill it finds the right one,,,can take up to 5-10 sec to do this.

i had a similar problem to the one described a few months ago,but was fixed by doing a rescan.
    cheers,,,dave

Thread Information