Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Astra 19 degree in India

Two years ago I have posted here that I am getting 4 digital transponders from Astra 19.2 degree east (digital+) Kerala India. Still I am getting those transponders without any changes. I like to know other peoples who are receiving the programmes from India through these forums.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Cool Astra

Hi, I am also from Kerala (Trivandrum). I would like to know about your place. If you can please post a snp of your dish (Just for know the elevation). I am also interested in satellite Dxing. Because of limited oppertunity, I can't explore for more satellites. But I think, we can get mire satellites in Kerala. Most of the hobbyists are trying for HB Astra etc. But I am interested to know about all satellite, that can be receivable from Kerala.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    Hi, I am also from Kerala (Trivandrum). I would like to know about your place. If you can please post a snp of your dish (Just for know the elevation). I am also interested in satellite Dxing. Because of limited oppertunity, I can't explore for more satellites. But I think, we can get mire satellites in Kerala. Most of the hobbyists are trying for HB Astra etc. But I am interested to know about all satellite, that can be receivable from Kerala.

Anish Mr Natraj is in Payyannur Kerla its on the Western Ghats, his Elevation is a bit hight & second reason is he is Near to Equator, 3rd is He comes on the Extreme Western Side of India, and has no Blockage whatsoever.

I think his dish is in between 14 t0 15 feet.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by natraj View Post
    Two years ago I have posted here that I am getting 4 digital transponders from Astra 19.2 degree east (digital+) Kerala India. Still I am getting those transponders without any changes. I like to know other peoples who are receiving the programmes from India through these forums.

Hi Mr Natraj,

See you here after a long hall..

So how is the Hotbird Situation at your place are you getting alll transponders now, how much signal Quality for 13E.

Mr Natraj I recommend you Flange Feed with Flange LNB to get higher signals.

Few days back we tested it, its a bit costly but gives very good signals compared to normal lnb + normal Prime Focus Ku lnb.

FLANGE LNB is the best for Big Prime Focus dishes.

Did you tried AStra 28, and 23.

Mr Natraj, Why dont you replace your C band dish with VSAT/Offset dish and see the difference.

Even you can hook a 12 feet fiber dish, I am 100% sure you get 40% more signal on that it cost only 20000 Rs

cheers
    Last edited by Bangalore; 1st June 2010 at 09:43.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Cool Flange LNB

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    Anish Mr Natraj is in Payyannur Kerla its on the Western Ghats, his Elevation is a bit hight & second reason is he is Near to Equator, 3rd is He comes on the Extreme Western Side of India, and has no Blockage whatsoever.

I think his dish is in between 14 t0 15 feet.
    I am also living in the extream South Western side of India. As you know, I am in Trivandrum Kerala. I am also more near to Equator than Natraj. Tha's why I have those doubts.

What is the cost of a , I am extreamly interested in Satellite DXing. But I have no bigger dish like IE2 have. Also struggling to get suitable components for experiment.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

I am also living in the extream South Western side of India. As you know, I am in Trivandrum Kerala. I am also more near to Equator than Natraj. Tha's why I have those doubts.

What is the cost of a , I am extreamly interested in Satellite DXing. But I have no bigger dish like IE2 have. Also struggling to get suitable components for experiment.
    Anish as per my Dxing experience you need a minimum 6 Feet VSAT Parabola or 10 feet solid Primefocus dish to get Hotbird there, Even you can hook a 10 feet solid KU dish.

The cost of the above Equipment is not so high its only 14000 Rs

If you are short of Funds then try to get some OLD VSAT dish that cost only 5000 Rs.

I want you to get the above satellites as Mr Natraj comes only once in a Year and I dont know when he will come to clear our Doubts now.

If you want I can arrange for 6 feet VSAT Parabola for you, but its without Feed Arm or NPM.

The only Major difference between you and Mr Natraj is he is staying at a bit Elevated Area compared to you, that also make a difference.
    Last edited by Bangalore; 2nd June 2010 at 10:34.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore View Post
    Rs.5000 for Vsat dish without feed arm? What about its base? Can you arrange like it in Chennai?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Cool Ku band Vsat

I also need one. My friend is in Bangalore. So it's just easy for you. Just give the dish to him and he will transport it to me. Can you send me details ?

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

I also need one. My friend is in Bangalore. So it's just easy for you. Just give the dish to him and he will transport it to me. Can you send me details ?
    I have sent you details in PM

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hotbird in south india

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Dear brothers, I m from pakistan and sorry to say that astra is not available in pakistan, as pakistan is west of india and astar is european satellite and situated in west os pakistans' too,nowdays hotbird range is going to be difficult in pakistan, and I am sure that astra can not be viewable in india,
    BE HAPPY AND MAKE HAPPY

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by scrombi View Post
    Dear brothers, I m from pakistan and sorry to say that astra is not available in pakistan, as pakistan is west of india and astar is european satellite and situated in west os pakistans' too,nowdays hotbird range is going to be difficult in pakistan, and I am sure that astra can not be viewable in india,
    You are correct, but these guys are in Karela that's Near to Equator, thats the reason they are getting all these.

They also get Sirus,Atlanticbird and many other West satellites which we cannot get even in North India

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Are there any photos of the antennas used in Kerala available or screenshots with C/N, BER or whatsoever measurements that show the reception of the above mentioned satellites ? I'd really like to know which frequencies reach there.

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by deepbluesky View Post
    Are there any photos of the antennas used in Kerala available or screenshots with C/N, BER or whatsoever measurements that show the reception of the above mentioned satellites ? I'd really like to know which frequencies reach there.
    You will be even amazed to know there we can get most of the transponders on 13E,9E,7E, even West side sats are also available there

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Cool Satellite Dxing

He is correct (as per some **** print I saw. But forgot the name of satellite). But it's impossible to get. I am living in near the southern of India (>70 Km from my home). But I have no info about some one in mountains getting the signal.

Thread Information