Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Member Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Thumbs down TATASKY users will miss FIFA WORLD CUP 2010

Today i have seen a Public Notice in Today's Times of India from ESPN - Star Sports That all 3 ESPN channels (ESPN, Star Sports and Star Cricket ) is not available on Tata Sky after 21 days.

Bad News is that after 21 days FIFA world cup is going to start and being a football fan and a Tata Sky customer i would like to watch these matches. but as these channels may not available on Tata Sky when FIFA world cup Starts.

Shame on Tata Sky on not providing these channels and due to which we Tata Sky Customers will miss FIFA World Cup Starting from 11 June.

this is really sad news for tatasky subscribers.
    Stop Using Plastic Bags!
    Using 5R to Protect Our Green Planet
    Reduce,Reuse,Recycle,Reject & Return

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thats ridicilious.How can they do that.Espnstar sports are important channels Why are they closing it?any idea

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Espn star

STAR is the partner in TATASKY. So don't know why they withdraw the channels from their own platform ? Now a days, pay channels are ruling the satellite TV. They have huge control over our TV viewing.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by anishpsla View Post
    STAR is the partner in TATASKY. So don't know why they withdraw the channels from their own platform ? Now a days, pay channels are ruling the satellite TV. They have huge control over our TV viewing.
    Most Indian pay TV operators are losing a lot of money not even turning a profit.

India is one of the pirating hot sports that causes heavy losses to local operators.

Maybe Tatasky cannot pay for ESPN STAR anymore.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by irdeto2engineer View Post
    Most Indian pay TV operators are losing a lot of money not even turning a profit.

India is one of the pirating hot sports that causes heavy losses to local operators.

How can they make loss? They are showing Advertisements more than the content. They are also taking money as subscription fees. When FTA channels survive then why not these channels?

Pay channels simply fake telling they are underloss. Just to evade taxes. How many cable operators can pirate ESPN or Star sports within India? Already only MSOs are ruling in bigger cities. And those MSOs are not doing card share or Hava. They are using legal cards.

For Tatasky thing is concerned they already played this thing some years back too. They are collecting around 100% more as subsciripition charge from the customers. Nothing will happen.

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Same stunt they did two years back. Did you notice one thing. Why not other DTHs complain about this ESPN-Star price rise? Only DTH to complain is Tatasky.

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

wrong this not about Money
    but correkt Indian have very good Hackers and Programmers for look free encryptet channels
    Daeng

10FT Dish 169° east-49°east

Platinum member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default 2010 fifa world cup broadcasting channels

ALL RDI MEMBERS

SO MANY COUNTRY CAN WATCH THIS CHANNELS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FI...casting_rights

THANKS A LOT
    ျမန္မာျပည္သူျပည္သားအားလံုးကုိျကိုဆုိပါတယ္။

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Cool Pay channels

Pay channels from India never face loss due to hacking or CS. They are just showing ads as much as they can. There is no regulaton over them for showing ads. So day by day new pay channels are rising in India. They just trying to get more money. When I can watch Super Sports, I can see any sporting event without any ad. So, IE2, you are absolutly wrong in this matter.

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Pay channels from India never face loss due to hacking or CS. They are just showing ads as much as they can. There is no regulaton over them for showing ads. So day by day new pay channels are rising in India. They just trying to get more money. When I can watch Super Sports, I can see any sporting event without any ad. So, IE2, you are absolutly wrong in this matter.

Yes but you dont have the rights to watch Supersports. And the broadcasters also earn revenue from advertising.

So what are you going to do when you have no Supersports?

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes but you dont have the rights to watch Supersports. And the broadcasters also earn revenue from advertising.

As per Hava Engineer there is no problem if we own a legal card If there is no super sports he may use Hava and watch it

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Cool Super Sports

Simple, I will try to get same signal from other satellites, which have FTA content. If I can't get signal, then there are many other options like HAVA. Then why I need to pay for watching ads ?

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Simple, I will try to get same signal from other satellites, which have FTA content. If I can't get signal, then there are many other options like HAVA. Then why I need to pay for watching ads ?
    I don't know why you pay for adverts. I get the world cup in HDTV in English in Taiwan but on a local IPTV service provider.

But that needs a 20mg download fiber connection to get that. Of course we have that type of speed here in Taiwan

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Cool Ftth

Just read http://bit.ly/cae0g6

The same service will soon available in our place also. So there is no shortage on bandwidth for high bandwidth demanting services like HD IPTV, Broadband internet etc etc.

Thread Information