Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default No signal [Geo on AsiatSat3s] [ARY Digital on Intelsat 7/10]

Hey guys. How you doing?

Well recently I moved to a different apartment and I'm having difficulty, infact no luck, in receiving some of the channels on Asiasat3s and Intelsat 7/10, both on C-band, like Geo News, B4U, etc on AsiaSat3s and ARY Digital, PeaceTV, TheMusik, etc on IntelSat 7/10. I've tried 15K, 17k and 40K LNBs but to no avail. I have no difficulty in receiving Sahara, PTV, TV ONE, DD Sports, Waqt News, IndiaTV and few other channels on Asiasat3s and Intelsat 7/10 respectively and that too without any signal interruption with good signal strength and quality. However, some of the channels, as I have mentioned are not giving any signal at all. Not even 1%. I have tried to alter the LNB frequencies(5150 MHz and 5750 MHz) on my different receiver sets as well but no luck. I'm had been using 160 centimeters dish for both AsiaSat3s and Intelsat 7/10 in my previous apartment like an year ago. And there isn't any interruption infront of the dishes either.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this matter.

Cheers fellows

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Sohaib View Post
    Hey guys. How you doing?

Well recently I moved to a different apartment and I'm having difficulty, infact no luck, in receiving some of the channels on Asiasat3s and Intelsat 7/10, both on C-band, like Geo News, B4U, etc on AsiaSat3s and ARY Digital, PeaceTV, TheMusik, etc on IntelSat 7/10. I've tried 15K, 17k and 40K LNBs but to no avail. I have no difficulty in receiving Sahara, PTV, TV ONE, DD Sports, Waqt News, IndiaTV and few other channels on Asiasat3s and Intelsat 7/10 respectively and that too without any signal interruption with good signal strength and quality. However, some of the channels, as I have mentioned are not giving any signal at all. Not even 1%. I have tried to alter the LNB frequencies(5150 MHz and 5750 MHz) on my different receiver sets as well but no luck. I'm had been using 160 centimeters dish for both AsiaSat3s and Intelsat 7/10 in my previous apartment like an year ago. And there isn't any interruption infront of the dishes either.

I'd really appreciate if anyone can shed some light on this matter.

Cheers fellows
    Need a bigger dish try a 2m or 2.4m
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks for the reply, but as I said I've been getting those channels before as well on the same dishes till an year ago until I dismantled them and installed them again last week.

Senior Member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

dear, geo has low range of signals on 4 feet but willl be ok if work hard on that dish,and and good on 6 feet, and ary is ok on 8 feet now days , I can't say anything abt 6 feet , bcoz I am getting it on 8 feet. in Karachi Pakistan
    BE HAPPY AND MAKE HAPPY

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hmmm guess it's the dish size then. I live in Riyadh, KSA. Thanks for the reply anyways =)

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

After the ZAIN Mobile Antennas Installed this issue is there in most of the parts of KSA. You need to change the LNB. Check with dish market and they will give you this LNB which will give all signals you want of the satellite

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Well yeah I bought the 40K LNB from the market. I just don't understand why all other channels are giving very strong signals while some aren't giving any signal at all.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Similar problem in U.A.E ARY signal is not coming now on intelsat for me other chanel also giving trouble on intelsat

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile No Signal

Similar problem i am facing nowadays in Doha Qatar, no signal of ARY Digital from Intelsat 7/10 and GEO TV & PTV from Asiatsat 3S, please help me to solve this problems. Nadir Ahmed from Qatar ......................

Silver Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Similar problem for me in India.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Looks like most of us here have the problem but not the solution :-\

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Don't worry

Friends i was also facing same problem in 2007 and deprived of many good C band FTA channels.But last year i purchased "Eurostar Single Solution LNB" and start receiving most of the channels which i was unable to receive because of WIMAX towers.Still there is problem in some channels but it might solve your problem up to some extent and there is no problem in receiving GEO news but my dish size is 8 feet.So try the single solution lnb.

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by khurram View Post
    Friends i was also facing same problem in 2007 and deprived of many good C band FTA channels.But last year i purchased "Eurostar Single Solution LNB" and start receiving most of the channels which i was unable to receive because of WIMAX towers.Still there is problem in some channels but it might solve your problem up to some extent and there is no problem in receiving GEO news but my dish size is 8 feet.So try the single solution lnb.
    Well if you read above that's what I have exactly mentioned. The with this new 'single solution LNB' regardless of any brand, most of the channels are receivable but not the likes of Geo(Asiasat 3s), ARY(Intelsat 10) , etc.

No hard feelings but it's really annoying to see someone replying without even looking at the complete question. It's better not to reply at all rather than giving the same reason posted in the question itself!

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Sohaib View Post
    Well if you read above that's what I have exactly mentioned. The with this new 'single solution LNB' regardless of any brand, most of the channels are receivable but not the likes of Geo(Asiasat 3s), ARY(Intelsat 10) , etc.

No hard feelings but it's really annoying to see someone replying without even looking at the complete question. It's better not to reply at all rather than giving the same reason posted in the question itself!
    Damn you are rude... guy gives you good avice about a single solution lnb that helps and you can only complain, better you get a bigger dish, spend some money on some nice microwave filters and feedhorn plates, which cost over US$1250, then you wont have any more issues.

If you dont want to see what you think are annoying answers then I suggest you dont post any questions at all, get off your sorry lame arse and learn how find solutions by yourself.

I get the Geo B4U and ARY channels on AS3 and IS10 with a 1.8m solid dish on each satellite.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

ARy has been very weak in my region also. It has nothing to do with cellular tower. The signal is weak from source. So as suggested by many here, the solution is a bigger dish....
    TBS 5922 USB,Skystar 2, STRONG SRT4910, Openbox S9. 2.4M Prime Focus PAS10 - CBand(68.5 DEGE)+Thaicom(78.5 DEGE)+IS902 (62 DegE), 120cm dish Ew3A( 7DEGE) side LNB Ew2A( 10 DEGE)+w2(16 DEGE) ,3.0M Mesh Motorised dish on arc (AM44 (11 DEGW) to AM33 (96.5 DEGE), 150 cm dish PAS 10 KU, 80cm dish Ew4/w7(36 DEGE)

Thread Information