Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: METABOX PVR

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default METABOX PVR

DOES ANYONE KNOW FOR SURE IF THIS BOX AS SOLD DOES DREAM AU LIKE ALL THE OTHER METABOXES ???
    THANK YOU

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

This USB PVR is an external hardware encoder support MPEG1, MPEG2 even MPEG4 and integrated TV tuner. Its application software allows the user to watch, control and record video and TV, to capture full D1 quality video in MPEG-1, MPEG-2 or MPEG-4 video format from camcorders, VHS tapes, DV cameras and any other analog video. It can also burn TV and video to DVD, SVCD or VCD. It is the world's first smallest USB PVR with hardware MPEG-1/2/4 multi-format real-time encoder.

... PVR is an external one. I don't know if I miss something, but you didn't mention the right receiver model. All Metabox receiver is Dream AU except WT-1401P, this one you have to reload the code everytime. Anyway I'm not expert for Metabox, you just wait for someone who can explain more.

Good Luck !
    M A B U H A Y !

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

SOUNDS GREAT, BUT THE METABOX PVR I WANT INFO ON IS THE ONE SOLD IN MANY SHOPS IN DUBAI FOR DH 1000 AND IS ALSO FEATURED AMONGST OTHER METABOX MODELS IN THE FULL PAGE METABOX ADVERTISEMENT OF THE EXCELLENT PAKISTAN MAGAZINE CALLED 'DISH CHANNELS'
    SURELY ONE OF YOUR MANY PAKISTAN READERS OR DUBAI SHOPPERS HAVE SEEN AND TESTED THIS MODEL.
    THANK YOU.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Metabox PVR

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND
    SOUNDS GREAT, BUT THE METABOX PVR I WANT INFO ON IS THE ONE SOLD IN MANY SHOPS IN DUBAI FOR DH 1000 AND IS ALSO FEATURED AMONGST OTHER METABOX MODELS IN THE FULL PAGE METABOX ADVERTISEMENT OF THE EXCELLENT PAKISTAN MAGAZINE CALLED 'DISH CHANNELS'
    SURELY ONE OF YOUR MANY PAKISTAN READERS OR DUBAI SHOPPERS HAVE SEEN AND TESTED THIS MODEL.
    THANK YOU.
    The model you mentioned as displayed in the shop is having the latest patch of MTG s/w. This is OK with Hotbird just like the rest of original metabox models that AU Dream TV too. Your choice is to take the words of the vendor and try this model by yourself if you are willing to spend Dhs 1000+. As you know, we are at the mercy of these vendors! So far, I did try Metabox Extra FTA believing them and it works but at a cheaper price of Dhs 210 only.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default METABOX PVR

if you are just looking for an FTA receiver that is capable of decrypting encrypted channels. I suggest you use metabox 1,2,3, ( which includes besat 1,---230-250 riyals in saudi). all these stb will accept any d/s and MTG's. the last patch found in ucas ( but site is down now) is good for dream au too and likewise for some hotbird channels like TPS,ABSAT,spice... I havent tested Metabox PVR yet thou its quite a little bit high and my client cannot afford to buy one. They preferred metabox/besat 1 since it is freindly user and most of all cheap one compare ot M/PVR..

lakaypogi
    Bu Ru Hu Xue, Yan De Hu Ze
    Ton Zhou Gon Ji

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: METABOX PVR

Quote Originally Posted by lakaypogi
    if you are just looking for an FTA receiver that is capable of decrypting encrypted channels. I suggest you use metabox 1,2,3, ( which includes besat 1,---230-250 riyals in saudi). all these stb will accept any d/s and MTG's. the last patch found in ucas ( but site is down now) is good for dream au too and likewise for some hotbird channels like TPS,ABSAT,spice... I havent tested Metabox PVR yet thou its quite a little bit high and my client cannot afford to buy one. They preferred metabox/besat 1 since it is freindly user and most of all cheap one compare ot M/PVR..
    lakaypogi
    @cband,
    add a little more to your metabox pvr budget and you can get a dreambox 500 which can also au dream with pvr function.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

THANKS BUT A METABOX IS SO EASY TO OPERATE AND NOT AN OUNCE OF COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE IS REQUIRED. ALL DREAMBOXES REQUIRE COMPUTERSKILLS.
    IF THE PHONE RINGS WITH A PVR ONE CAN PRESS PAUSE AND TIME IS HELD UP WHILE ONE SPEAKS. WHEN THE CALL IS FINISHED PRESS PAUSE AGAIN AND CARRY ON PROG WHERE ONE LEFT OFF !

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

C-band Turn off your Caps lock,, there is no need to shout
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

maybe he need to replace his keyboard pad.
    Bu Ru Hu Xue, Yan De Hu Ze
    Ton Zhou Gon Ji

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

nah, C-band is using some kind of thai script which explains his all caps typeface fonts.

anyhow, the learning curve for linux is steep indeed, but once you get the hang of it, then you will be amazed at what you can really do with the box.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

DEAR MR OZZIE BASSETT
    PLEASE HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S DISABILITIES.
    OVER THE AGE OF 50 ,THE EYESIGHT OF MOST ADULTS STARTS TO DETERIORATE. GO TO YOUR LOCAL BOOKSHOP IN AUSTRALIA AND YOU WILL SEE A WHOLE SECTION OF BOOKS WITH LARGE CLEAR TYPE FOR PEOPLE WITH POOR EYE SIGHT .
    NOBODY IS SHOUTING. IF THAT WERE THE CASE EARPLUGS WOULD BE THE SOLUTION AND THAT IS NOT THE CASE !
    THE TEXT BEING USED IS CLEAR AND PRECISE WITH NO SPELLING MISTAKES OR ERRORS AND IS POLITE AND GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT AND IN GOOD ENGLISH, SO WHY TAKE THE TROUBLE TO SEND A MESSAGE TO COMPLAIN ?
    WRITING WITH BAD GRAMMAR, POOR SPELLING AND STUPID CONTENT IS SURELY MORE IRRITATING FOR YOU.
    UNDERSTANDING AND COMPASSION PLEASE . THANK YOU

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND
    DEAR MR OZZIE BASSETT
    PLEASE HAVE RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S DISABILITIES.
    OVER THE AGE OF 50 ,THE EYESIGHT OF MOST ADULTS STARTS TO DETERIORATE. GO TO YOUR LOCAL BOOKSHOP IN AUSTRALIA AND YOU WILL SEE A WHOLE SECTION OF BOOKS WITH LARGE CLEAR TYPE FOR PEOPLE WITH POOR EYE SIGHT .
    NOBODY IS SHOUTING. IF THAT WERE THE CASE EARPLUGS WOULD BE THE SOLUTION AND THAT IS NOT THE CASE !
    THE TEXT BEING USED IS CLEAR AND PRECISE WITH NO SPELLING MISTAKES OR ERRORS AND IS POLITE AND GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT AND IN GOOD ENGLISH, SO WHY TAKE THE TROUBLE TO SEND A MESSAGE TO COMPLAIN ?
    WRITING WITH BAD GRAMMAR, POOR SPELLING AND STUPID CONTENT IS SURELY MORE IRRITATING FOR YOU.
    UNDERSTANDING AND COMPASSION PLEASE . THANK YOU

... in my own point of view, I understand you. But
    "WRITING WITH BAD GRAMMAR or POOR SPELLING" are sure understandable too. If not for you ... well for me its really ok. I can ask the person to revise it again or explained wich I don't understand....

I think your one of a few perfectionist in this forum.

Good Luck ! &
    God Bless !
    M A B U H A Y !

Member Mentor

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Satellite knowledge

Most of us , the Satellite hobbists are still learning about new inventions of receivers,codes,keys.
    Nowdays most of the receiver's operations are made via their remote control unit.
    Emetabox receivers are the best, in the market, for the its price n features.
    Whereas, Dreambox are triple the price of emetabox.
    But, u get triple the amount of features in a Dreambox,than a emetabox. (Dreambox is bringing out a new version in 2006.)
    If one can read n write then he can operate any receivers, with some help from members( like many Australian n other countries satellite hobbists.)
    Dreambox is the supreme receiver in the market, most of the common person cannot under the features, because some fo its feature works like a work.
    If one wants to achieve success in his/her life, then go n learn about the computer language.This will make it easier to understand the Dreambox.
    God made human being. Human being made Computers.
    Thanks for reading my mail.
    JPS-Australia

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

AGREED, DREAMBOX IS THE BEST. EVERYBODY SAYS SO.
    THE PROBLEM IS THAT IT IS LINUX OPERATED WHICH ONLY COMPUTER BUFFS UNDERSTAND. YOU HAVE TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND ABOUT SOFTWARE , FIRMWARE AND DOWNLOADING ETC ETC.
    WITH THE NEW GENERATION OF BOXES NOW BEING SOLD HERE, IE THE ANGEL BOX ( KEYS OVER SATELLITE )AND VISION NET 8000 ( KEYS OVER INTERNET) EVEN A BABY CAN OPERATE THESE AS THEY ARE PRE PROGRAMMED AND WORK AUTOMATICALLY.
    YES, IT IS TRUE THAT IN EUROPE DEALERS ARE AFRAID TO SELL THE BOXES PRE-PROGRAMMED AND YOU HAVE TO FIND OUT YOURSELF HOW TO WORK THE BOXES,
    FORTUNATELY THE DEALERS IN THIS COUNTRY WILL SELL THE BOXES ALL SET UP. ONE ONLY HAS TO PLUG IN AND YOU HAVE MULTICHOICE FOR LESS THAN $300. WOW....ARE WE SAT FANS FORTUNATE HERE !!

Thread Information