Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default FTA TV for Kabayans

Quote Originally Posted by johnpal
    Hi,

Let us not blame on anyone else, Let us start it by our own initiative we can open up OFW Broadcast internationaly.

So those who are interested just PM me and give your ideas,suggestion and all things you can share to have this dream a reality.

Cheers,

Johnpal
    this is a good suggestion by johnpal...I think the first thing we will need is sponsors and advertisement to get things going. there is no such thing as "FREE" to Air.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default KIBC FTA for OFW's

There used to be a FTA channel for OFW's about 8 years ago.
    It was on As2 called "KIBC",it was uplinked in Olongapo.
    Until it didn't have funds to keep it going.

bme

This would require a lot of capital to start with.My son who studied accounting had ABS-CBN and GMA as their senior project and he told me that this 2 broadcasting giants are not really making money ffrom their overseas ventures.How much more for start-up that is being planned?
    Anyway I have been asking this question on numerous OFW fora for a long time-"Why does poor countries like Bangladesh and Myanmar(Burma) have their own free to air satellite stations and Philippines does not have one?" Are we really that poor?Or just the Filipino trait that if it does not make money forget it?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

you will need some congressmen to lobby for it in congress first, only then it will move once the motion has been approved for the benefit of OFW's. as usual, do you think GMA and ABS don't have their own moneyed lobbyists?
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default FTA Channel

Hi to all.

Hayaan nyo pag tumama ako sa lotto ako mismo ang gagawa ng free to air channel ng pinoy para di na kayo mag subcribe gagawin ko yon for free para sa mga bayaning buhay.

Triphop

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: FTA Channel

Quote Originally Posted by triphop
    Hi to all.

Hayaan nyo pag tumama ako sa lotto ako mismo ang gagawa ng free to air channel ng pinoy para di na kayo mag subcribe gagawin ko yon for free para sa mga bayaning buhay.

Triphop

... for the sake of some readers, keep in your mind that this is a english forum.
    M A B U H A Y !

bme

I happen to meet one of the Bagong Bayani awardees before and she(yes it was a she!) had a vision for an OFW hospital. I wonder what happened to it?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

her vision got clouded, and eventually she went blind.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Byte Stalker Mentor
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default tansponder

m8s,

a lease of a single satellite transponder according to my source cost about 4million euros... it's going to be hard guys to justify it ! one needs a thorough project study regarding financing such endeavor!

khan
    The more we learn things the more we hunger for more! That's human nature I guess!

bme

Hi to all.

Triphop
    Granting you win billions on the Lotto you will have a hard time getting all the permits and licences approved. You will go thru DOTC,NTC,Congress, Munisipyo for the building,etc. Then by the time it is approved your capital will be heavilly depleted that you are forced to get loans just to start the business.Eventually you will be in heavy debt that you are forced to close the station!

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bme
    Hi to all.

Triphop
    Granting you win billions on the Lotto you will have a hard time getting all the permits and licences approved. You will go thru DOTC,NTC,Congress, Munisipyo for the building,etc. Then by the time it is approved your capital will be heavilly depleted that you are forced to get loans just to start the business.Eventually you will be in heavy debt that you are forced to close the station!
    You guys ever heard of hacking the satellite itself, I've heard that you can uplink your signal without the satellite owner knowing that you are using his satellite to broadcast your program.

bombastik

its not true they always find out, things to consider, how willyou know that the frequency in that transponder is vacant unless you have a spectrum anlyser,what frequency will u use,whats the downlink freq. u can interfere with other user jas in case.severe crime hehehehe.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Satellite

I remember before when Lopez said Agila 2 is for Fellow Filipino..
    but that change now business is business,there are many private cable co. offering low payment than Dream offer,so we had to wait for a long time..until those Politics stop fighting and realize Hi Tech technology are best way in our daily life..... He' He' He'

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: tansponder

Quote Originally Posted by khan2ton
    m8s,

a lease of a single satellite transponder according to my source cost about 4million euros... it's going to be hard guys to justify it ! one needs a thorough project study regarding financing such endeavor!

khan
    Bangladesh, Thailand and Sri Lanka are better off. The have their own FTA satellite channels......

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: tansponder

Quote Originally Posted by khan2ton
    m8s,
    khan
    you want billioins? take the OWWA payment and all medicare we pay as OFW's without getting any benefits for it. any transactions you do at the consulate office or embassy, you still have to pay. how many millions of OFW at current time, multiply that by 3,000 pesos average payment for non-existing services, and there you will have your billions. (there are 8million OFW's estimated for this year).
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information