Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Kampala, Uganda. Astravox VSR-400 Reciever, Eurostar prime focus 1.8 m C Band Dish with multi-lnb c
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Angry Forum Pages Not Loading, Too Much!

Hi admin, please help rectify the problem of this forum pages not loading. I dont knowo if it due to slow connection or other wise. For days the thing does not work, only a 16th of the page comes. Posting this has taken me about two or three days.

If there were lots of graphics, one would say its heavy, but our pages only have a bulk oof text, why does it bahave like this? This is my second time to complain. Please help me, I cant read. Thanks for your help. Bostephen

Banned
    RDI - Board Banned Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Is loading very well !

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

They surf with Firefox!
    not with IE6 or 7

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hi

I am using IE8 and have also previously complained about a similar problem - pages would load - but not fully. I have had no response to my previous posts. I "resolved"it by changing the settings under "User CP" to show only 5 posts per page. At least that way I can see them all. Hope we can have a proper solution though.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default opera solution

This problem has been and will be, doesn't look like there is a solution to it.
    When you can, please download opera and get to use the turbo function, thats the only present solution, for genuine complaints are not investigated to my knowledge, even a poll would tell it cannot open on normal browsing without tricks, and this is for over 3 months.
    Let us learn to listen to others, and solve their problems.
    Please note it doesn't work on Firefox, nor does it work on Explorer, have tried all. If they work for anyone please post for those can do well on High speed Internet but not normal Internet in the coming up world.
    Pse note the number of complaints in my inbox & mail tell the story.

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Neither Opera nor IE8 can solve the problem for me. it is not a local connection speed. I have high speed ADSL. The problem is in the evening /night ( 13- 19 + UTC) for me. I always post in the morning . There is no such problem. Now 4.23 UTC it is good. I was thinking may be too many users online at the same time. Is the thread not too long?

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by patmos View Post
    Neither Opera nor IE8 can solve the problem for me. it is not a local connection speed. I have high speed ADSL. The problem is in the evening /night ( 13- 19 + UTC) for me. I always post in the morning . There is no such problem. Now 4.23 UTC it is good. I was thinking may be too many users online at the same time. Is the thread not too long?
    I am sure you haven't tried opera turbo, if you haven't then try and you wont believe your findings.
    Thats what my troubled friends are using to get to the site and communicate.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello all,

I have similar problem,I tried using google chrome 4.0.249.78 and mozilla 3.6.Today strangle I downloaded the whole page!At first I thought maybe my PC has Adware.As for explorer I haven't tried it

Cheers,

Dugizul

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by ********* View Post
    Is loading very well !
    Total incorrect..

I'm running one computer with Google chrome, and a couple of laptops, one with IE, and one with Firefox, The problem is spasmodic, one day it will load a about 4 or 5 of the "sticky" titles, then simply sit there and do nothing, Then when you reload it might load the full page. this happens on all three computers, So software is irrelevant.
    it might be time for a upgrade of the forum software, these problems don't simply disappear, they only get worse. And regardless of what you might think, they don't cure themselves, So saying everything is OK, is simply hoping for the best.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Teacher
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Cool No problem with IE

Nothing to do with IE for not loading the page. I am only using IE in Windows. It have no problem with any site. If you have some problem to load the site, it may be related to your ISP. If its related to IE, then you never get fully loaded site. I am using Google Chrom and Opera in latest version of Ubuntu. Both are not more faster than IE. Also have some compatible problem with some sites, atleast in Linux.

So please donot blame IE for any problem related to www

Thread Information