Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Thread: Metabox Extra

Junior Member Teacher
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Metabox Extra

All metabox owners, please give your comments about your model's performance.
    I did try my Metabox Extra and its working very effeciently with AU on Dream TV. This model model works both on DS and MTG s/w. My observation is that when I used this model to align the dish, it will always give high percentage of signal quality even if the position is wrong. This is the disadvantage of this model, I suppose. Euroline DS-555 was OK in locating the correct position.
    I hope this will help others to decide which model they have to prefer based on our actual experiences.
    Regards to all of you.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

it's all a matter of how the tuner reacts to the signal, that's why im not using my metabox for signal hunting, i use a sat finder meter. overall, i don't have any complaints about my NHE metabox3, both for the european and dreamtv package decoding.

Humax is also good for tuning dishes.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Satfinder

Thanks Boknoy for that info.
    I have satfinder but I forgot it but anyway the Euroline and Startrack SRx-120 were useful.

Regards.

bombastik

astrovox 2600 plus is also good for tuning, thr tuner has good linearity,no signal no quality,unfortunately they are not releasing new software for dreamtv,maybe they just dont care.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

I,ve had a @metabox 111 for a while, easy to use, and would be the fastest loading receiver I have.
    Probable had one of the first, in Australia.
    The Chinese have Cloned the thing over and over, with different results, Pity they don't start writing software for there crap.

As for the Metabox Extra , no such model is made by @metabox, its yet another clone.
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

nokia 8830s - a legal decoder of dream tv is very good for tuning satellite signal....

Junior Member Master

Posts Thanks / Likes

anyone tried usb satellite card for notebook like ss2 and twinhan starbox for tuning signal.....

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by me2u
    anyone tried usb satellite card for notebook like ss2 and twinhan starbox for tuning signal.....
    pc dvb devices are not a good idea to use for tuning your dish. there is a delay between the actual acquisition of signal and the display on your monitor, so you will have a hard time.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Metabox Extra

Quote Originally Posted by bassett
    I,ve had a @metabox 111 for a while, easy to use, and would be the fastest loading receiver I have.
    Probable had one of the first, in Australia.
    The Chinese have Cloned the thing over and over, with different results, Pity they don't start writing software for there crap.

As for the Metabox Extra , no such model is made by @metabox, its yet another clone.
    If this model is clone STB, then this is the best cloned model due to the following:
    1. This works fine with both DS & MTG softwares for Dream AU. I was in the Phils last week on a 9-day vacation and have tested this model.
    2. If you open the front panel pcb, you can see the IC: AT 89652 24PC 0423 & at the edge of pcb, an engraved "Metaware Co. Ltd.
    3. The shop (Happy Land L.L.C.) must be selling all clones of metabox, metabox 1,2,3 & 10, metabox PVR, FTA External Card Reader (ECR 2004) and other brands of metabox models

So what's wrong if this model is a clone product? As long as this works. I supposed you must be working with Metaware Co. Ltd.- Korea that you know every model or brand that this company is manufacturing.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

I ask this before, but anyhow I will ask it again...

Is any one knows somewhere in Doha selling brands of metabox models ?
    M A B U H A Y !

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default metabox pvr

May I ask one more time please !
    Does the Metabox PVR 'do' Dream as all the other Metabox non pvr models do? Want to record Dream.
    Thank you.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: metabox pvr

Quote Originally Posted by C-BAND
    May I ask one more time please !
    Does the Metabox PVR 'do' Dream as all the other Metabox non pvr models do? Want to record Dream.
    Thank you.
    Relax mate, I just arrived from my short vacation in the Pinas. I will be visiting the shop to buy ECR-2004 for my Metabox Extra FTA. I'll ask the vendor about it.
    Regards.

canine consultant Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

quote,,
    So what's wrong if this model is a clone product? As long as this works. I supposed you must be working with Metaware Co. Ltd.- Korea that you know every model or brand that this company is manufacturing.

No I don't know every model made, I just know that your "extra" model is a clone, and as such, there is no guarantee, that genuine software will work.
    Once again we have the perfect example of cheap and nasty, over the genuine product. I loaded genuine @metabox software in my XYZ clone, and now nothing works , what can I do,
    regards from OZ bassett

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by bassett
    quote,,

No I don't know every model made, I just know that your "extra" model is a clone, and as such, there is no guarantee, that genuine software will work.
    Once again we have the perfect example of cheap and nasty, over the genuine product. I loaded genuine @metabox software in my XYZ clone, and now nothing works , what can I do,
    I hope you get my point. Granting my Metabox Extra is clone then this is good because the 2 units I brought to the Phils are working 100^ with both DS & MTG softwares. Downloading the softwares into the box would take less than 1 minute. I was in the Phils from Oct 14 to 21, 2005. By the way, there is new release of metabox2 with metaware siver sticker on the front panel in Dubai. I saw this model ryesterday. There are also cheaper brands with the same software "VIP".

Thread Information