Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default How to import DVD / VOB to Adobe Premiere

How do you handle DVD video to Premiere before Adobe Premiere support VOB import? I googled and noticed that some would use converting tool to convert DVD to AVI, and some would rename the extension .vob to .mpg. It would be great if renaming works. I do not want to convert the files if I can get a convenient solution. I tried this, but Premiere only plays part of the source video, and sometimes the video does not go with the audio.

It is said that Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 supports VOB import. I install version 4.2, but could not browse VOB file from the DVD disk in Premiere. I then chose "All File" as file type. Well, the VOB files finally show up. However, I got the following error message when opening it via Media Browser.

I then found another method to import DVD video to premiere directly. The import plugin works like a charm in my computer and there is no sync problem. All I have done is to install Moyea Importer for Adobe Premiere. Follow the steps below and you can edit DVD video (*.vob) in your Adobe Premiere too.

Step 1. Download and install the import plugin.
    There shall be no problem if you close Premiere before installing the plugin. The plugin works with CS4, CS3, 2.0, 1.5, 1.0, and Elements 8, 7, 4, 3.

Step 2. Run Adobe Premiere and browse VOB file.
    My Premiere CS4 now recognizes VOB file with "All Supported Media" as the default files of type. Below is the VOB file playing in CS4.

Step 3. Edit VOB on timeline.
    Drag the file to timeline, and then you can edit the VOB file, e.g. to change video duration and speed, split video, and so on.

Well, you can add different source video to compose your own file.

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Cel mai simplu: redenumeste .vob in .mpg si merge.

Testat de mine de multe ori.
    Vob-ul este de fapt mpg2

Thread Information