Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

Hi,

I'm a newbie and kind of lost in this world of keys - satellites etc.

I wonder if someone is kind enough to explain in plain english these keys mean.

I own an Arion AF-1700EC decoder and so far I have been able to upgrade the software and find the menu entry to update / insert new keys with the remote control.

I really don't understand when I see something like:

world of satellite II v 3.10 (c) activation key

.................................................. .......

My machine has entries for :

Scrambrilg System:
    Provider-Ident:
    Key-ID
    8 byte key
    8 byte key

When I see something like:

CYFRA+ 13°EAST HOTBIRD
    Ident: 0065
    DEC: 000 000 101
    Key 0C: ......................................

Then it's more undertandable but I'm still not too sure. Is DEC my key-ID? If it is then I would only need the last 3 digits.

Then is the question of Scrambling System, how do I know if it is viacces or negrita or whatever from the information one finds? Is there a default scrambling system?

Thank you in advance.

Salvador

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?

Quote Originally Posted by salvador
    Hi,
    I'm a newbie and kind of lost in this world of keys - satellites etc.
    I wonder if someone is kind enough to explain in plain english these keys mean.
    I own an Arion AF-1700EC decoder and so far I have been able to upgrade the software and find the menu entry to update / insert new keys with the remote control.
    we all started as newbies. we all came to learn here.

I really don't understand when I see something like:
    world of satellite II v 3.10 (c) activation key

My machine has entries for :
    Scrambrilg System:
    Provider-Ident:
    Key-ID
    8 byte key
    8 byte key
    that key is used for downloading info from satcodx website. because that code is usually being given to the subscriber of the tele-satellite magazine, and from there, you can get the code to access the website.

When I see something like:
    CYFRA+ 13°EAST HOTBIRD
    Ident: 0065
    DEC: 000 000 101
    Key 0C: ..........................
    Then it's more undertandable but I'm still not too sure. Is DEC my key-ID? If it is then I would only need the last 3 digits.
    the DEC entry is usually reserved for the matrix reloaded and other CAMs (conditional access module) that accepts decimal formats for keys. your receiver accepts hexadecimal format (you can get an online converter for hex-dec or use your calculator if you want), thus the hexadecimal is usually implemented on code menu receivers.

Then is the question of Scrambling System, how do I know if it is viacces or negrita or whatever from the information one finds? Is there a default scrambling system?
    Thank you in advance.
    Salvador
    there are receivers that will show what encryption a channel is being broadcasted. or you may visit lyngsat.com for the encryption of a specific satellite broadcast. as for encryptions and a little bit of explanation, you may visit www.duwgati.com

hope this helps in some way.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

Yes, it does help, thanks for that.

Thanks for the link, I'll take a look right now.

Salvador

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

the DEC entry is usually reserved for the matrix reloaded and other CAMs (conditional access module) that accepts decimal formats for keys. your receiver accepts hexadecimal format (you can get an online converter for hex-dec or use your calculator if you want), thus the hexadecimal is usually implemented on code menu receivers.
    OK, I used a Hex -dec calculator (MS Windows)

I found a program downloader 2.8 that is supposed to get all the keys for you.

But:
    How accurate is this program? I would imagine that it keeps a databse of the latest valid keys so it doesn't load any non-valid keys.

I don't see an option to tell the program to find keys for a particular satellite. Why am I concerned about this? Well, I was also informed that I could save the file produced by downloader 2.8 as an .irk and then use a program call Gasoline to read it an upload it to my receiver. All very well so far, with the exception that I would bel oading keys for channels in sattelites that I cannot see. There is no way, within Gasoline, to see that a particular keys is for another satellite, hence, I would end up with a bunch of keys that are not good to me.

It's very likely that all these questions are just baby stuff and there is an easy solution for it I'm a newbie in all this and I find this finding out process most enjoyable

I hope one day to know enough about these things to be able to give something back and help other forum members In the mean time if anybody is trying to upgrade an Arion fa-1700EC, just ask away.

Thanks in advance.

Salvador

Thread Information