Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 16 EUR (16%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default a basic question

dearest friends
    i am very very new at the satellite business! i need help regarding some very basic things perhaps and ill try my best to put it to u as simple as possible and i expect the answer to be detailed and im thanking each and every contributor from the very beginning !

i bought a dansat receiver that runs the free to air channels as well as the smart card. i also bought the smart card for the pehla connection and it works on nile sat. since im living in saudi arabia there r some restrictions on the use of the receivers that run with the internet/DSL and in turn give u all the channels FTA+ the ones with the subscription service.

now the question is can some one plz explain to me how i can use my receiver and turn it into this type that runs all channels via internet and the keys/codes etc? plz explain the entire procedure in detail.

Târnacopist Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Welcome onboard!

I'm afraid that your receiver is not able to open the encrypted channels without a valid subscription (card).
    You will need a Linux based receiver (Dreambox) if you want to open all the channels or a patchable receiver to open only few of these.

Junior Member Friend
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Wont the Dansat receiver support Cardsharing ?

Platinum member Expert
    29°20'N 47°59'E
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by pblurp View Post
    Wont the Dansat receiver support Cardsharing ?
    so far none. other receivers have adapted a dongle to be connected to it. the problem with those is that it connects to proprietary servers (meaning, commercial servers) and those are the ones that kills the excitement with our hobbies.

Dreambox500 is available in Saudi, if you know where to look.

besides, to do CS, you'd still need your valid card to share to others (nobody will give you a free line that lasts long enough). so stick with your subscription, be legit and sleep nicely.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information