Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Smile Kenyan tv in Ireland

Hi Every One

I live in Dublin/Ireland and I am trying to get Kenya Tv but in vain. I have tried both the intelsat 802 . 903 , 902 , Atlantic bird 3 and i could not find any Kenyan TV. I am using a 60 CM dish and Universal LND

I would really appreciate your help , information and support.

Much regards

Banko.

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Hello,

Unfortunately no kenyan network is easily receivable from Europe.

Intelsat 802 carries some content but on Kenya spotbeam (http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel802_spot1.html), which means that even a really huge dish might not be able to catch them where you are.

Intelsat 903 (http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel903_nezone.html) is being received here in South Western Germany by somebody using a 3.70m dish but even with that size it ain't stable instead very weak.

For Intelsat 902 (http://www.lyngsat-maps.com/maps/intel902_swzone.html) things look even worse. I don't remember as well any big dish user having had success.

Maybe you would like to ask some local people here:
    http://www.satellites.co.uk/satellite/home1.php
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forum...php?forumid=40

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Thanks a lot for the reply . At least now I understand why its been very difficult. Much regards

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

check lyngsat on Atlantic bird3 for KTN see if the beam covers you
    though you may need an 8ft dish.
    Also try internet tv on google

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Oh how could i forget [email protected] Thanks for reminding cogil.
    Well, even if that has been locked on 1.20m in Germany the reception was just for a couple of hours so something bigger is required. Suppose 1.80m should be just fine even in Ireland.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by deepbluesky View Post
    Oh how could i forget [email protected] Thanks for reminding cogil.
    Well, even if that has been locked on 1.20m in Germany the reception was just for a couple of hours so something bigger is required. Suppose 1.80m should be just fine even in Ireland.
    Thanks,
    Even locally we have to use a 1.8mtr dish for stability of picture, for 1.2m pictures disappear occasionally. though we get it on terrestrial and need the dish when in remote areas.

om fain' Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

did u had a look here ?http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/Kenya.html may help u

Senior Member Expert

Posts Thanks / Likes

Keep in your mind that if you are living in a flat or somewhere where you share common areas that the MAXIMUM dish size is 60-80cm without landlord approval or planning permission.
    Also,living in a home with back garden,to have a 1.x-2.x size dish sometimes may cause conflicts with the neighbours,depending by the position of the dish position.

My advise,if you really want it,try something over the internet with a SlingBox or Dreambox there accessed over VPN or tcp/ip from here.

If you need,i can put you in contact with a local installer that may help you with any technical advise and/or installation of the system.

Regards...
    Dreambox7020 & WavefrontierT90

Cu bani poti cumpara o casa, dar nu un camin. Cu bani poti cumpara un pat, dar nu somnul linistit. Cu bani poti cumpara un ceas, dar nu si timpul ce se scurge. Cu bani poti cumpara o carte, dar niciodata cunoasterea. Cu bani poti cumpara pozitia sociala, dar nu si respectul. Cu bani poti cumpara medicamente dar nu sanatatea. Cu bani poti cumpara sex, dar nu si dragostea. Cu bani poti cumpara o asigurare, dar nu iti poti cumpara viata. Vezi tu, in viata... Banii nu sunt totul! De aceea, daca ai prea multi... Trimite-mi-i mie !

Technics...is timeless ! ! !

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by mariuss View Post
    did u had a look here ?http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/Kenya.html may help u

With your dish size you should be able to get NTV-Uganda (kenya)
    try it out and lets have results, I hope you know its kenya based but has local news in Uganda, thats the difference with NTV Kenya.
    Just remember you need a dvbs-2 receiver, the dvbs receivers will show you nothing - go mpeg4.

Moderator Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by rolion View Post
    Keep in your mind that if you are living in a flat or somewhere where you share common areas that the MAXIMUM dish size is 60-80cm without landlord approval or planning permission.
    Also,living in a home with back garden,to have a 1.x-2.x size dish sometimes may cause conflicts with the neighbours,depending by the position of the dish position.

My advise,if you really want it,try something over the internet with a SlingBox or Dreambox there accessed over VPN or tcp/ip from here.

If you need,i can put you in contact with a local installer that may help you with any technical advise and/or installation of the system.

Regards...
    Thanks rolion - for the good advise, hopefully the sellers, of the big dishes, should advise the buyers on the same issue.
    Dstv HD PVR

Thread Information