Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Need desprtly help could any one?

HI all'hope u all fine there.i need help i m very new i just join this forum and i bought dreambox 500s 2 weeks ago and i wasnt knew bout how to setup i was just connected to dish and ethernet cable and it was not working properly but we didnt check properly but my stupid friend did the factory setting and now i m getting very few channel no hindi channel aur other sports nothing . i m like i was wasted my money i bought this from ebay.i live in ireland .could any one help me what can i do? and how i do .to update or what i need to do i have no idea.ur guy very well abut this thing and hope u will help me to find out.i need every single step to do next .please help me .thanks all of u.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

go to eurocardsharing.com and read the tutorials from there.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph View Post
    go to eurocardsharing.com and read the tutorials from there.

sorry to say its was not not nice answer if some one dont know any thing ,i knew u know very well and u just say go and read there ,but there most of thing new user dont know but i spent 6 hours and found how to flash image on ,now i have gemini 4.5 some thing but after that what should i do and please giv me proper answer what is enigma and cccam and how to this i m doing from very start so need some one have calm mind than who can tell me plz i just got image after my reset factory setting ,so what should i do tell me step by step so my box will work fine and i will get all movies and sports channel .thanks

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Don't give up

Do not be scared, you made the right move when you bought the DM500.

1. Check the reception for the satellite your dish is aimed at. Use the satellite finder option in the menu.

2. You need a valid subscription card from the TV provider you'd like to see.
    You need to check on the Internet if your TV provider's card is supported on DM500. Chances are high.

3. If not, but some clever boys managed to share it on the net, you need to enter the world of Cardsharing. For this you need to have a local provider TV subscription (E.G. Sky Uk) and read more on how to share it by searching forums here or on eurocardharing site.

HTH

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

if you are like your stupid friend who's too lazy to read the manual before doing the factory reset, and you are too lazy to read the tutorials on how things are done. then do not expect to be spoonfed all the time.

i gave you a website to read. it takes a LOT of time to understand how things work, especially with dreambox.

the easiest way of course is to return your box to whomever you bought it from, or demand the specific files and configuration to be sent to you.

and then again, you HAVE TO READ the tutorials.

if you expect the dreambox to be like your other receivers before, you are in for a lot of sleepless nights and frustrations.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by HarryE2007 View Post
    Do not be scared, you made the right move when you bought the DM500.

1. Check the reception for the satellite your dish is aimed at. Use the satellite finder option in the menu.

2. You need a valid subscription card from the TV provider you'd like to see.
    You need to check on the Internet if your TV provider's card is supported on DM500. Chances are high.

3. If not, but some clever boys managed to share it on the net, you need to enter the world of Cardsharing. For this you need to have a local provider TV subscription (E.G. Sky Uk) and read more on how to share it by searching forums here or on eurocardharing site.

HTH

thanks buddy.
    i reached the some point which i know myself ,i got few channel i already setup dish and scan channels ,i want to know how people are seeing paid channel with card sharing which i want to know and its bit hard to find if any one know so he can tell me so its will very helpful for me and other user who just join or will join becuase problem is where u gona start.so i am now i just updated gemini 4.6 firmware and got few channel and i want more sports movies all these.becuase in irelan its much expensive.i want to know how to what is service /daemons do i need to setup this if yes then what is setting.what is Ngrab server ip or do i need this ip?what is LyDns and whats is the setting for this ,how i can see sprots channel ,how i find how to do cardsharing .sorry to bother you i am asking to many question ? but sorry again i m completly new for this learning slow slow.Thanks.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i already posted you another site to READ and learn. all your questions will be answered from the tutorials.

P.S.

be prepared to cry if your gemini 4.6 has a time-bomb on it.........
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by rashidqazi View Post
    HI all'hope u all fine there.i need help i m very new i just join this forum and i bought dreambox 500s 2 weeks ago and i wasnt knew bout how to setup i was just connected to dish and ethernet cable and it was not working properly but we didnt check properly but my stupid friend did the factory setting and now i m getting very few channel no hindi channel aur other sports nothing . i m like i was wasted my money i bought this from ebay.i live in ireland .could any one help me what can i do? and how i do .to update or what i need to do i have no idea.ur guy very well abut this thing and hope u will help me to find out.i need every single step to do next .please help me .thanks all of u.
    i dont hope u r taking the piss here!

give us the link of where u bought this on ebay.
    we can than know what u got and advise u from there.
    The seller must be able 2 send u a .fw2 image file which u can load with flashwizzard to get it back as u received it

@boknoy_ph, can u check ur pm

Junior Member Junior

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    i dont hope u r taking the piss here!

give us the link of where u bought this on ebay.
    we can than know what u got and advise u from there.
    The seller must be able 2 send u a .fw2 image file which u can load with flashwizzard to get it back as u received it

@boknoy_ph, can u check ur pm

Thanks
    actually i was bought on ebay and there location was on USA but i got the parcel from China and i didnt get any email from seller and i wss trying to contact with him but didnt.Is any way i can get all created file from some one or u can send me like cccam.cfg or what i need u know very well better than me.or what u recommend to me becuase to be honest last three days i was keep reading just infront of monitor my eyes killing me,i losing hope.any way some one send me file so i just put into proper place and my DM will work file and i m very thankful to you guys who listening me i know you all are boring to read these things.BUT please help me i tried to work on cccam.cfg but i totally dont understand how to make cccam.cfg and what i put in Indyns setup. and Boknoy_ph said my firmware goin to blow and dont understand why he said that. i am waiting to get any helpful response from some one who ignore my mistakes and give me good help.Thanks alot for reading.
    Take care

Thread Information