Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Twinhan DVB-S Card Problems...

To All Respected Mates,

I need help for my Twinhan DVB-S cards. It happened on both of my cards 1020A & 1032A, which got exactly the same problem. I can't get signals on 12GHZ & above on Horizontal polarities transponders (which uses 18volts). I'm sure it's not the LNB cause the Setop boxes in the sala (living room) is working good. And its not my PC cause it was working fine for the past few days. I was just watching TFC with my 1032A, ****** CAM & original SC for the past few days, but then along came this problem troubling me when I scanned a transponder from HOTBIRD (SKYITALIA provider) which made me surprise getting signal from it, which I've known before that there is no footprint of that provider in Kuwait (11862 H 27500, SkyItalia). I still got this signal on my DVB-S Card but on 12000MHZ and above with Horizontal polarities, nothing. I'm beaming Hotbird & Nilesat using DISECQ sw. Does anybody experienced this same problem? How did you resolve it? Thanks a lot for the help and share...

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

try going to settings, disecq settings and enable the lnb power. sometimes, enabling the 22khz tone switch helps too (don't know which software you are using to view your channels).

btw, im not getting that transponder you mentioned.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Junior
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

I'm using myTheatre 3.21 cause I don't have OSD functions on higher version of MT cause I'm just using the on-board graphics of my Intel mobo (96MB). I can't use OSD for higher versions of MT cause it requires a better graphics card. I'm using also ProgDVB 4.60.4. I tried already enabling 22KHz tone switching but unsuccessful. I'm using DISECQ 2.0 for Hotbird & Nilesat. I also experienced slow switching between changing of channels from Hotbird to Nilesat & vice versa specially encrypted ones. Did others experienced this same problems? Please share how did you resolve it...

Thanks a lot...RDI (Kapamilya)...He he he...ABS-CBN Fan

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

i had that kind of experience before, and i changed disecq switches. NASA is a good one at 2.5kd. try it.

now, sometimes twinhan cards are a pain in the butt to configure, especially with MT softwares. another alternative for the switching problem is to download whole channel lists for hotbird, and installing that file to your MT directory. after that, just modify the disecq switch order according to your hardware config and you should be ok (at least it worked for me that way).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information