Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Dreamweaver? Design Mode VS Code Mode

Hi Members,

I have a question is it easy or possible to design a website in Dreamweaver with out knowing HTML or coding. Can i design a website in a design mode of Dreamweaver.

Where i can get a complete tutorial of Dreamweaver.

Thanks in advance.

MAJID KHAN
    PESHAWAR
    PAKISTAN

alanpaladka

Default Re: Dreamweaver? Design Mode VS Code Mode

Quote Originally Posted by majidpsh
    Hi Members,

I have a question is it easy or possible to design a website in Dreamweaver with out knowing HTML or coding. Can i design a website in a design mode of Dreamweaver.

Where i can get a complete tutorial of Dreamweaver.

Thanks in advance.

MAJID KHAN
    PESHAWAR
    PAKISTAN
    Dear majidpsh,
    Yes. You can design a website using dreamweaver without knowing html. But designing a website using Dreamweaver is not easy when compared with FrontPage. To get good look, you should know the advanced functions of Dreamweaver. But DreamWeaver is good.
    I think Macromedia itself is a good tutorial site for Dreamweaver. Please visit this link http://www.macromedia.com/support/dr...tutorials.html

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

when making websites, there are rules to follow. whether you are sprucing up a personal site or gunning for e-commerce, there are rules. REMEMBER TO KEEP THEM COMING BACK.

1. KISS (keep it simple, st*pid). use existing design styles or templates of promotional materials to give your viewers some familiarity.

2. be user friendly.

3. consider your audience. vibrant for children, conservative for executives.

4. consider download time. the more photos (i suggest thumbnails first before giving the full blown image), the longer it takes to load (same goes for very heavy flash animations).

5. add technology. Macromedia director can help on this, like flaming logos, etc and extends functionality.

HOWEVER....

1. don't use too much techonology. if most of your target audience is on dial-up (face reality: not everyone has DSL or broadband on their area), lose the frills because it takes time or worse, they can't download them.

2. don't put too much text on a single page. text heavy pages tend to scare viewers and potential customers (imagine reading an encyclopedia page about the mating habits of frogs at the Amazon).

3. don't put "this site is under construction" (be it image or text). a good website is dynamic, always upgrading, but NOT inactive.

4. don't ignore mac users. there aren't as many around like pc users now, but the vocal minority are very web savvy.

5. don't do personal stuff. no pets please. a photo of your dog mimi being immancipated does nothing to your credibility.

i also suggest frontpage as alan does, then you can migrate to Dreamweaver later on for some variety.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

alanpaladka

Default FrontPage

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    i also suggest frontpage as alan does
    No dear. I had left FrontPage 5 months ago as it is not compatiable with all browsers and screen resolutions.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

then he can simply optimize his pages for 800 x 600 resolution (standard for web pages).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

alanpaladka

Default resolution

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    then he can simply optimize his pages for 800 x 600 resolution (standard for web pages).
    But some websites are now showing that 1024*768 is becoming popular. So we should consider them also while designing our pages.

Thread Information