Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Master
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default DREAM AND PLDT AGREEMENT!!

PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE ON GOING NeGOTIATION BETWEEN PLDT AND DREAM TV..
    SURELY IT WOULD PROVIDE BETTER SERVICE LIKE NEW ENCRYPTION TECHNIQUES..
    PLDT IS A PIONEER IN TELECOMMUNICATION IN THE PHILIPPINES...

GOOD THING MY BROTHER IS WORKING IN DREAM TV AND I GOT NOW A LEGAL SUBSCRIPTION..THE RUMOR IS TRUE THEY ARE ALREADY CONDUCTING A TEST SIGNAL OF NAGRA 2..BUT STILL THEY WILL HAVE TO CONVINCE THE PEOPLE TO UPGRADE THEIR HARDWARES....

GLORIA GO FOR CHA CHA!

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default Re: DREAM AND PLDT AGREEMENT!!

Quote Originally Posted by darylle
    PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE ON GOING NeGOTIATION BETWEEN PLDT AND DREAM TV..
    SURELY IT WOULD PROVIDE BETTER SERVICE LIKE NEW ENCRYPTION TECHNIQUES..
    PLDT IS A PIONEER IN TELECOMMUNICATION IN THE PHILIPPINES...

GOOD THING MY BROTHER IS WORKING IN DREAM TV AND I GOT NOW A LEGAL SUBSCRIPTION..THE RUMOR IS TRUE THEY ARE ALREADY CONDUCTING A TEST SIGNAL OF NAGRA 2..BUT STILL THEY WILL HAVE TO CONVINCE THE PEOPLE TO UPGRADE THEIR HARDWARES....
    Well Nagra2 Echo is not hacked so thats good news for Dream TV. For us it just means buying new decoders and cards.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

shifting encryptions (nagra2) is not a service technique (does not benefit the end-user, if at all.), rather it is a business strategy to keep their contents safe. (most end-users are taking the monthly, on loan basis for purchasing their decoders, i just wonder what they will say when dream forces them to upgrade again). if dream will shoulder the costs of hardware upgrades, then no problem for legal end-users.

i just hope that when this merger finalises, they will do something about the quality of the video being transmitted. too much compression and they lose the quality like they do now. if they can transmit in a much better quality that they do, then that would be great for viewers. it's much clearer at times to view local channels via regular aerial antenna than viewing it on dreamtv.
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

and means more money to spend!

Junior Member Friend

Posts Thanks / Likes

for me they should target also international, as they are more complete package. It will be good for OFW also in middle east if they could beam there signal thru asiasat.

alanpaladka

Quote Originally Posted by major problem
    for me they should target also international, as they are more complete package. It will be good for OFW also in middle east if they could beam there signal thru asiasat.
    Yes you are 1000% right

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by major problem
    once they do that:

a) TFC will cease to exist
    b) more hackers will converge because of the 50+ channels available.
    CCcam 2.1.4

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Quote Originally Posted by boknoy_ph
    i just hope that when this merger finalises, they will do something about the quality of the video being transmitted. too much compression and they lose the quality like they do now. if they can transmit in a much better quality that they do, then that would be great for viewers. it's much clearer at times to view local channels via regular aerial antenna than viewing it on dreamtv.
    Im glad you mentioned that, thought my equipment was crap They should spend money improving the quality of the service, instead of spending millions on a new encryption system, that will only be cracked eventually anyway. I wouldnt like to spend P890 a month for this quality. Some channels are hardly watchable (channel V and ESPN jump to mind), and I got 80% signal/92% quality. That should be enough for a good picture, right?
    Terrestrial channels are clearer than Dr**m with a good antenna.
    I think if this standard of quality was supplied to a US or European market, then Dr**m/PMSI wouldnt have a business left to sell to PLDT/Echostar.

Junior Member Master

DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES
    Posts Thanks / Likes

Default HEHEH

GOOD NEWS I ALWAYS KEEP MY NON LEGAL RECEIVER BY MY SIDE AND THE BAD NEWS IS I ALSO KEPT MY LEGAL RECEIVER...
    I GOT A BETTER SIGNAL I THINK I GOT ABOUT 91% HERE IN NUEVA ECIJA...IN MANILA I JUST THE SAME...
    IT MUST BE A TERRAIN PROBLEM

GLORIA GO FOR CHA CHA!

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

your proud to be a nueva ecijanos having a free dream
    Bu Ru Hu Xue, Yan De Hu Ze
    Ton Zhou Gon Ji

SATELLITE GURU Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

You should have bought an emetabox because you can adjust colour contrast brightness with this decoder and make the pictures much better than the other decoders.
    If Evolution works, why so many idiots?

Junior Member Teacher

Posts Thanks / Likes

Maybe my dish is not so good. It is only a cheap thing with a standard universal 1 0.5db lnb I bought in Jeddah. Is the dish quality/size that important for a good picture?
    My friends with "real" Dr**m equipment also dont get a great picture here in Cavite. I have noticed that some channels are clear (cinemax, hbo, etc) but some are not so great (Channel V, ESPN,ABS CBN) so I figured it was the signal coming from Dr**m. I have a Besat 2400 Super Gold (Metabox3 in disguise) and have altered the Brightness,Contrast, Colour to get the picture as good as possible. I have found that maxing out the sharpness setting on the tv also helps.

Back to topic. If Dr**m goes to Nagra2, will we all have to buy new boxes, or will it be possible to use my old box in the future, with software upgrade?

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

@kevo,

dish quality will affect the signal strenght you will be able to receive, lnb noise factor and cable quality also affects all of these. as for the quality of the picture, it is the compression being done from the main transmission, not on your end, so you can do only so much, like adjusting colors and sharpness.

as for nagravision2, i think only a software upgrade will do. Polsat subscribers received only the nagra2 cards (i think no STB replacement was done), and even there have been modified Pansat STBs that can read the modified nagra2 cards of DN. all of these are in testing of course. no hardware change.
    CCcam 2.1.4

bRuTuSq

When TFC changed from Nagra to Ird2 they have to change their reciever at the company's burden not the end-user. If this is the case then the end-user will not worry but if they do the opposite, charging extra or forcing the end-user to pay for the replacement then that's whay boknoy-ph is saying..A BIG BUSIINESS

By the way, Is it legal to have a Satelite Receiver in the Phils? Do NTC have provision for this? fees, etc... I read of some memorandum saying you must have a one time ( lifetime) payment of PHP 5,000 for a private use and PHP 2,000/ year for commercial.. How true is it? On thing more, I am using Starsat SR-X3200cu and have an auto update for Polsat which means it can do auotupdate with nagra.. can I use this in thePhilippines? what is the best or recommended reciever that I can buy?

boholanon

If they will put Fees on satellite dishes then they have to put Fees on Terrestrial antennas also. Satellite and Terestrial are same, they are both antennas, they are not transmitting anything, they are both use for receiving signals.[/quote]

Thread Information