Register

Welcome to the RDI-Board Community.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Donate Now Goal amount for this month: 100 EUR, Received: 100 EUR (100%)
Donate to support this site...

Senior Member Expert
    RDI - Board Default Avatar

Posts Thanks / Likes

Default TOPFIELD : A ROTTEN COULD-NOT-CARE-LESS CO.

AMAZING ! THREE EMAILS TO TOPFIELD'S ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE OVER A TWO MONTH PERIOD ABOUT A SERIOUS DEFECT IN THEIR RECEIVERS BUT NO RESPONSE AT ALL FROM KOREA. WHAT SORT OF NON CARING COMPANY IS THIS ? TOPFIELD UK COULD NOT EVEN GET A RESPONSE FROM THEM ! TOPFIELD AUSTRALIA JUST REFERS INQUIRERS BACK TO KOREA WHICH WILL NOT REPLY.
    I BOUGHT A TOPFIELD 5510 PVR FOR USE IN ASIA.
    EVERY SINGLE RECEIVER COSTING $30 AND UP ALLOWS SATELLITE NAMES TO BE ADDED OR EDITED......EXCEPT TOPFIELD WHICH COSTS $800 !! I FOUND THIS OUT TO MY SHOCK AND HORROR.
    WHY IN HEAVEN'S NAME DOES THIS CO. NOT BRING OUT A NEW SOFTWARE SO THAT THIS RECEIVER CAN BE USED WORLDWIDE ?

AT THE MOMENT THE TOPFIELD 5510'S FIXED IMMUTABLE SATELLITE LIST HAS ONLY EUROPEAN SATELLITES. NOT EVEN ASIASAT 3 OR THAICOM IS LISTED ! !
    AS FOR OTHER 'NO-NAME ' SATS, IT HAS A MISERABLE ONE OR TWO THAT CAN BE USED, WHEREAS MOST MAKES HAVE A DOZEN OR MORE USERNAME SATELLITES.
    NO, I DO NOT WANT TO USE VEGA OR OTHER UNOFFICIAL SOFTWARE PROGRAMMES WHICH WILL VOID THE GUARANTEE. ITS TOPFIELD'S DUTY AND RESONSIBILITY TO PUT THIS BASIC FUNCTION INTO THEIR SOFTWARE ASAP . THIS MODEL IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ROLLS ROYCE OF PVR'S...ITS CERTAINLY THE MOST EXPENSIVE.
    BEFORE I CHOSE TOPFIELD IT NEVER OCCURED TO ME TO CHECK THIS AS I CANNOT THINK OF A SINGLE RECEIVER WHICH DOES NOT HAVE THIS BASIC FUNCTION. ANYHOW THE LITERATURE LISTS THE FEATURES IT HAS, NOT THE ONES IT LACKS.
    CAN ANY READER GET A RESPONSE FROM THIS DUMB COMPANY IN KOREA.? CAN YOU IMAGINE A CAR BEING SOLD WITHOUT A SPEEDOMETER ? . NO MENTION HERE OF THE RECEIVER'S LACK OF A $2 0/12V SWITCH AND ITS RECOMMENDATION FOR A DISEQC 1.1 SWITCH WHICH IS ALMOST TOTALLY UNAVAILABLE ANYWHERE . ALMOST EVERY DECENT BOX HAS A 0/12V SWITCH BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY.

Platinum member Expert
    Posts Thanks / Likes

not a speedometer, more like tire bolts, you cannot change tires when you get flat. it's really odd why they won't even respond to you (they are not responding to their OWN, why care for a single customer?).
    HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
    Debian Squeeze with Smargos
    CCcam 2.1.4

Thread Information