...... with new CAS 3
* 2009-09-10 13:51:12 / Anita D?bek
* last update: 2009-09-10 15:34:06
* source: ......
......, a leading expert in content and business model protection solutions and services, unveiled ...... Conditional Access System version 3 (CAS 3), the latest generation of the company’s industry-leading content protection solution, today at IBC 2009. ...... CAS 3 leverages a state-of-the-art hardware platform, software technology and cryptography, making it among the most secure and renewable conditional access (CA) solutions on the market today.
As we celebrate our 40th anniversary this year, we reaffirm our commitment to operators, content owners and device manufacturers by helping them to maximize return on any content sent over any network, to any device, stated Graham Kill, CEO of ....... ...... CAS 3 is an important proof point for that dedication as we move into our next decade of business. It provides high levels of security and the best renewability in the industry to ensure our customers can easily, securely and cost-effectively expand their media service business to respond to changing consumer demands and growing threats.
...... CAS 3 includes updated head-end components, namely the ...... Key Management System and ...... Key Server, as well as the ...... Premium smart card. Fully backward compatible, the solution supports all deployed ...... smart cards and set-top boxes, simplifying migration and protecting operators' investments.
Designed as a protection model for large and mid-sized operators in need of advanced security to protect high value content formats like high-definition and personal video recorder, ...... CAS 3 offers the following benefits:
* Built-in Recoverability: With an enhanced system design resulting from a rigorous threat analysis, ...... CAS 3 enables faster responses to threats and ease of key cycling to minimize customer impact in the event of a head-end breach.
* ...ure-Proof Security and Asymmetric Cryptography: ...... makes use of the latest cryptographic developments to ensure that there is no single point of failure for security, higher resistance against attacks through updateable algorithms, prevention of key breach in storage and distribution, and security isolation through operator unique encryption layer.
* Tamper-Resistant Hardware: The ...... Key Server is based on a FIPS4 certified, tamper-resistant hardware security module platform used in high security environments.
* Flash-based Smart Card: The ...... Premium smart card offers complete and rapid renewability via a large amount of flash-based memory, extending card lifetime. A fast and secure processor enables rapid software updates over the air and provides built-in mechanisms for prevention against card attacks.
* Countermeasure against control word sharing: ...... CAS 3 introduces a number of new and improved tools, including a heuristic algorithm to detect smart cards used for analog re-broadcasting on cable networks and an improved Communications Interface layer with patented encryption to enable prosecution when an ...... Premium card is used in emulation set-top boxes.
* Flexible deployment models: ...... CAS 3 achieves significant bandwidth saving and provides operator separation through an indefinitely updateable, operator-specific cryptographic layer that acts as a barrier to security attacks across operators.
We’re confident our CA system will become the new industry standard, offering operators a secure and highly efficient, cost-effective solution, said ...... CTO Andrew Wajs. ...... CAS 3 was designed with renewable security in its core, ensuring quick recoverability in case of an attack. We have the unique advantage of being able to cycle operator-specific algorithms indefinitely, unlike alternative offerings that restrict the number of algorithms personalized on the card.
...... is working with a number of customers to deploy ...... CAS 3, including MultiChoice Africa (MCA), a leading premium digital content provider and DTH operator. MCA will complete deployment of the ...... CAS 3 system on its largest satellite network covering Southern Africa, IS7 Ku-Band, prior to the end of 2009.
We see the added security offered by ...... CAS 3 as fundamental to the offerings we plan to introduce in 2010, said Gerdus Van Eeden, CTO of MCA. In this economic downturn, it is particularly important to invest in first-class protection and cost reduction technology. MCA is pleased to be among the first to test ...... CAS 3.
Another ...... CAS 3 deployment scheduled for completion by year-end involves Skylink, the second largest and fastest growing DTH operation in the Czech and Slovak Republics. The provider of retail satellite services will roll out ...... CAS 3 to new CA systems and existing ...... CA receivers, ensuring operation continuity and enhanced functionality for Skylink’s existing customer base.
In the challenging retail market we’re currently facing in Central Europe, we are able to guarantee customer retention while shifting our current operation to more high-end interactive applications thanks to ......, said Jaromir Glisnik, managing director for Skylink. We expect a seamless transition to CAS 3, and look forward to a long and prosperous relationship with them.
...... has a strong presence at IBC 2009, demonstrating a wide range of solutions and services that showcase the company's ability to enable "Limitless Media, Limitless Possibilities."
Please visit ...... during IBC 2009 in Amsterdam from September 11-15, Hall 1, #D51 to view live demonstrations and to meet with an ...... representative.
HP-Compaq DC5000 MT 1.5GB RAM
Debian Squeeze with Smargos
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)