PDA

View Full Version : Problem with V-Polarity (Cband)

mtiqbal
1st March 2009, 11:08
I tunned a stallite dish towards PAKSAT1 (38 degree east). I am getting all channels with H-polarity. There comes no signal for V-polarity channels. What is suspected?.

Abdul Ghafur
1st March 2009, 12:08
As per my knowledge, you have to use simple cband LNB not digital/dual LNB. Secondly scan vertical channels by selecting another sat slot with LNB config. 5150. Hopefully you will get vertical channels also. Good luck.

mtiqbal
1st March 2009, 13:26
Dear Abdul Ghafar
Can you please explain further regarding second option:-
My PAKSAT1 is on LNB-4, all other LNB positions (1,2,3) are occupied. So 'Selecting another Sat slot' means I have to select satellite other than PAKSAT1 on LNB-4 position and search for V-channel.
If you means someting else please explain.

yan naing
1st March 2009, 16:26
Dear Abdul Ghafar
My PAKSAT1 is on LNB-4, all other LNB positions (1,2,3) are occupied. So 'Selecting another Sat slot' means I have to select satellite other than PAKSAT1 on LNB-4 position and search for V-channel.

Firstly , U need to check ur LNB is working both polarity or not . Just try to tune ur LNB to Receiver directly and don't use ur DiseqC. Otherwise , try to change the port eg: to port 3,2,1 . If both polarity will working When u connect directly to Lnb & receiver then ur LNB is ok but DiseqC switch has a problem.

Hope it'll help u anyway.

Abdul Ghafur
1st March 2009, 17:12
Dear Abdul Ghafar

Yes you have to select one more satellite other than PAKSAT1 on LNB-4 position and search for V-channel, if you have this option in your receiver.

cogil
1st March 2009, 19:31
I tunned a stallite dish towards PAKSAT1 (38 degree east). I am getting all channels with H-polarity. There comes no signal for V-polarity channels. What is suspected?.

Just as yan mentions do a direct tuning to receiver
without Diseqc, that will help eliminate the LNB, Receiver settings and skew on LNB setting.
Else use a satellite meter for v transponders - go advance.

Gazduire Web si Inregistrare Domenii