PDA

View Full Version : PC DVB & Satellite internet

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

boknoy_ph
12th February 2006, 22:19
edit your softcam.key and look for V 007c00 01 (keyshere) TPS AES key and insert the latest keys as posted. it should work. s2emu 1.21 is out already and autorolls N2 too.

az30094
13th February 2006, 00:01
. . . i just hook it up to a sat finder, once the meter shreiks, there you got the signal!

Can you elaborate on this sat finder? Is it available in local market (I mean Middle East) and how much it costs?

lakaypogi
13th February 2006, 06:44
edit your softcam.key and look for V 007c00 01 (keyshere) TPS AES key and insert the latest keys as posted. it should work. s2emu 1.21 is out already and autorolls N2 too.

oks thanks. ill d/l na new ss2 today and ill let you know the result

ty

prodigal
13th February 2006, 08:16
@ sir boknoy_ph,

can i watch channels with viaccess 2.5 encryption? is it possible to add video encryption other than nagravision? please i need some information on this, thanks ahead... :idea: :idea: :idea:

boknoy_ph
13th February 2006, 16:05
@ sir boknoy_ph,
can i watch channels with viaccess 2.5 encryption? is it possible to add video encryption other than nagravision? please i need some information on this, thanks ahead... :idea: :idea: :idea:

if your pc dvb card has the CAM slot, why not? so far v2.5 is not hacked publicly via emus, so is irdeto2, seca2. nagra2 is already widely hacked and implemented on most software emus. as for you in south east asia, you may avail of other packages, especially those in irdeto2 transmission via card sharing. the only thing with card sharing and its community is that you have to share something in return. no leechers allowed.

lakaypogi
14th February 2006, 07:16
i am using progdvb and look like work fine with me. switching channels from one to another is relatively good. the only problem i have had was on my first installation i cannot search on the channels list it empty to start with. in order to have a channels to be scan i put manualy the freq. pol, sr . can any one guide me on how to import from DVB. where can i get those list. any help or guide will be apreciated.

cyprusdunc
14th February 2006, 08:30
@Boknoy,Hi m8 didn,t realise you where multitalented,used rdi for browsing for a long time(key updates) and never used the dvb section till I got a ss2 pci card for christmas.It has kept me busy and away from metaware.
At the moment I have progdvb 4.71.4,s2emu1.21 and as video codecs elecard package and nvidia pure video decoder.The nvidia codec makes this an outstanding experience and can even view HD from astra 19 east,Obviously I have a couple of problems.With the above set up I d/loaded the latest progdvb 4.71.5,on restart the progdvb engine didnt recognise the nvidia codec,the same issue is if you havent registered the elecard codec.I have not had this problem with previous updates,have not put the nvidia filter in the filter folder,as it is recognised automatically in the older version I am running,is there something I should have done at installation of the nvidia codec or is it just a missing command line in this latest version?
The other problem I have is an inability to record properly.Using WMP9 as the player I can only get smoothe video in pva not mpeg2,but in both modes no sound,help please.
cyprusdunc

lakaypogi
14th February 2006, 12:19
i am using progdvb and look like work fine with me. switching channels from one to another is relatively good. the only problem i have had was on my first installation i cannot search on the channels list it empty to start with. in order to have a channels to be scan i put manualy the freq. pol, sr . can any one guide me on how to import from DVB. where can i get those list. any help or guide will be apreciated.

@boknoy,

multivision tps now working with my ss2 usb . :)

SHELLEYATICD
14th February 2006, 15:07
freex red light x dream are working at ss2

http://www.domaci.de/images/avatars/1645308205429b5387864ac.gif

lakaypogi
14th February 2006, 15:49
mine too its working :o

prodigal
14th February 2006, 16:24
how to watch this channels?

boknoy_ph
14th February 2006, 18:37
how to watch this channels?

it is not within your coverage.

prodigal
15th February 2006, 15:25
@lakaypogi,

where is your location?..cant see that channel here in philippines...

lakaypogi
15th February 2006, 16:11
no way to watch the chan in phils.

shehbaz
15th February 2006, 21:30
friends plz guide wich is the best dvb card in the below
http://www.bandoec.co.kr/product/user_list.asp?lnum=l2&snum=s34
i want to see asia3 and pas 10 via cardsharing.

saed
15th February 2006, 23:55
friends plz guide wich is the best dvb card in the below
http://www.bandoec.co.kr/product/user_list.asp?lnum=l2&snum=s34
i want to see asia3 and pas 10 via cardsharing.
DVB 솔루션
these cards are dvb-t (terrestrial) and dvb-c (cable) compliant, no one is dvb-s (satellite), some of them have output as well as imput of dvb-c. These cards only works with digital cable tv or digital terrestrial tv.

While you need a dvb-s card, i beleive. No luck again my friend, keep searching.

shehbaz
16th February 2006, 06:21
사이드바이
saeed bahi,
thanx again .i hope i will get it.i don,t know when that day come.'
i am searching......................................... ............
take care

SEEME
16th February 2006, 06:40
Hi, I got this SkyView PCI DVB Card. Can anyone pls help me on how to watch scamble channel?

Thanks

boknoy_ph
16th February 2006, 10:13
Hi, I got this SkyView PCI DVB Card. Can anyone pls help me on how to watch scamble channel?
Thanks

1. load drivers
2. instal dvb software like progdvb/dvbdream/mytheatre
3. install plugin like s2emu
4. put valid softcam.key together with s2emu.
5. watch channels
6. smile/frown (this is all up to you now)

SEEME
16th February 2006, 11:27
Hi sir boknoy,

actually I tried DVBDream but hardware error. ProgDVB but in the device list Skyview is not availalble. do you think It is compatibility problem?

thanks

boknoy_ph
17th February 2006, 11:29
Alt-DVB2 is supposed to support SkyView MM multicard & multiinstalation Skyview 1.5106.0.3463 & SkyAVC.ax (NET) 2.0.0.3223. test it and tell us the results.

SEEME
18th February 2006, 14:13
thanks. I'll try when I get home.

Actually, I manage to figure out how to work w/ progdvb and its running OK now with 40% of CPU usage.

It is working with my splitter (fr. LNB to splitter to diseqc) when viewing from the same package such as TPS, both my receiver and Skyview is working fine. But if I selected another package, signal would be lost.

any solution to this? Or it is but normal...

Thanks

SEEME
18th February 2006, 14:20
Also, my skyview (which is very cheap, I hope it will last) has AV in but is save MPG2 only (Mpeg1).

Is there any software for DVB cards that has AV in that I can try. Thanks and ....sorry for trowing so much questions.
Im very new to this..

prodigal
18th February 2006, 20:48
@...,

do you have newer update of dream au..need so badly...dream au updates for rom10 consumes a lot of time..thanks ahead... :idea:

az30094
18th February 2006, 21:50
Also, my skyview (which is very cheap, I hope it will last) has AV in but is save MPG2 only (Mpeg1).

Is there any software for DVB cards that has AV in that I can try. Thanks and ....sorry for trowing so much questions.
Im very new to this..

An AV input - is that means it is capable of capturing analog video? Check your documentation. If it is, then install proper drivers for the card. Once the drivers are installed properly, any video capturing program (virtualdub, for example) should be able to capture and record the video in AV format.

DVB software (like progdvb) can record only in Mpeg2 format. By the way, MPG2 (Mpeg2) is different from Mpeg1.

boknoy_ph
18th February 2006, 22:18
@seeme,

as for your query about the lost channels when you change frequency on either of your receiver, there is no workaround other than using a dual/twin out ku lnb (this is also for your safety). true, you can view channels residing on the same polarity and frequency, but you risk either your lnb or stb tuner if you persist in doing that kind of setup (using splitter on a single lnb).

SEEME
19th February 2006, 15:54
az30094,
Yes, Skyview (the one Ihave) is capable of capturing video. I was trying yesterday to change the format of recording from mpeg2 to NTSC video CD but the software provided by the DVB card keeps giving error (when doing the change). I think its because the souce is digital and not analog? Its from a Sony Video Cam.

Thank boknoy for the valuable info, I'll change tonight to twin LNB. Its Hotbird. but I cant figure out the position of the LNB. Is it 7 o'clock?

Best regards,

boknoy_ph
19th February 2006, 16:00
dunno where your location is, but if middle-east, it's 4-5 o'clock position.

SEEME
19th February 2006, 17:03
Hi boknoy, sorry I forgot He!he!

Yes, Im in Khobar KSA. So, I assume as long as lnb is in position between 4-5 o'clock, then signals would be fine.

Thanks..

SEEME
20th February 2006, 08:54
the solution to that is not to use progdvb. i get headaches with progdvb.

yes, you can use several lnb's on a single dish, depending on your location. here in mideast, i get 4 satellites on a single dish. i think you have to use different dishes on asian beams as the satellite footprints are not in proximity to each other. or you can use a motor instead to control the dish.

Hi Sir boknoy,
Just want to copy your setup of 4 sat on 1 dish if I may...

I have hotbird, nilesat & arabsat only..

If not too much to ask, can i have the guidelines too..

Thank a lot.

regards,

boknoy_ph
21st February 2006, 09:37
there is nothing to see now on atlantic bird3 5w, which is an offset of nilesat 7w (just move your lnb towards lower left) unless you are a subscriber of TFC.

SEEME
21st February 2006, 10:11
Thanks . I do have another question, I know I already read it in this thread but couldn't find which page.

Its about Mytheatre. After installation, It has scanned okey. but no picture. it says..Autograph error..?

Any solution..

saed
21st February 2006, 16:13
Thanks . I do have another question, I know I already read it in this thread but couldn't find which page.

Its about Mytheatre. After installation, It has scanned okey. but no picture. it says..Autograph error..?

Any solution..
goto setup menu and change filter graph one by one till you get the picture. if no picture is shown on all graphs then try installing InterVideo WinDVD or Cyberlink PowerDVD and then try again. This will work for sure.

SEEME
21st February 2006, 16:46
Thanks Sir Saed, I'll try that.
regards,

boknoy_ph
21st February 2006, 20:43
after installing those two dvd suites, manually select via the same instructions by saed the intervideo or cyberlink filters to use.

saas
21st February 2006, 23:32
Hello friends,
i'm fighting a problem but without success ....

I've a skystar-2 ..... using it with DiseqC 2.0 ..... i had three Sats on it til today which i upgraded to fours sats

Nilesat + Hotbird + Astra 1 before
Nilesat + Hotbird + Astra 1 + Astra 2 now

The problem is i don't get a signal from any Astra 2 TP ..... it's a quatto LNB and the other output is being used on a Dreambox where it working nice and fine so that means he signal is OK but nothing in ProgDVB ...... strange thing is when i start original software i get signal on Astra 2 but when i use ProgDVB i don't get any signal !!!!!!!

But i need ProgDVB coz i'm running CS with dreambox so can anyone who had similat problems give an advice

Thanx

SEEME
23rd February 2006, 08:01
Whew!...,After spending two hours of setting the correct combination between video/audio decoder & renderer, I think I finally get the setting that works best.

It took me sometime since not only that there are many option in the list of video/audio decoder and at least 3 in video/audio rendered, but most of all I did not pay attention to the AutoGraph message error. Otherwise, I should have done it more quickly.

When AutoGraph message error says “can’t connect” to a filter that is in the Audio decoder, it means, selected video decoder is fine and will work with the correct Audio decoder, so only Audio decoder must be changed.

However, ProgDvb seemed more stable in my system. When watching FTA channel, CPU Usage is merely between abt 25-35%, pay channel, is abt 45-65%. In my theatre, its reaching 99% and while this progress bar for timeshift is running from left to right, the picture stays freeze most of the time.

Is there other settings to correct this? here is my config
P4 1.7Mhz, 640MB RAM
32 MB Nvidia AGP
Intel 865 chipset

My only problem in ProgDvb is when recording. The picture tends to pixelized every now and then and I already loaded the progdvb intel enhancement.

I hope there are solutions to this. I want to try DVBDream but the error I get is "Harware is not initialized."

Thank you.

MonChing
23rd February 2006, 10:23
hello, I just want to ask if fullx, reditalia..etc is still working on DVB cards?

MonChing
23rd February 2006, 11:43
freex red light x dream are working at ss2

http://www.domaci.de/images/avatars/1645308205429b5387864ac.gif

Is it for ss2 only or all DVB cards?

boknoy_ph
23rd February 2006, 20:59
should work on all dvb-s cards. but not working now i think.

saed
24th February 2006, 17:00
Is it for ss2 only or all DVB cards?

it will work in all those dvb cards which supports any of third-party softwares/plugins like ProgDVB,MyTheatre etc

meg123
25th February 2006, 13:08
Mr. Saed thank you for all the information which I read in this forum, it will help somuch especially us who are new here. About this PC DVB Card, I'm new here in Riyadh, can you help me or you have any idea where I can buy this Card and which card is the best. I look forward to your help.

saed
25th February 2006, 15:38
I'm new here in Riyadh, can you help me or you have any idea where I can buy this Card and which card is the best. I look forward to your help.
you are welcome, in Riyadh, main olaya computer market or souq Saleha you can find it. try to find it on shaddadi, horizon stores.

paulden
26th February 2006, 16:09
Hello to all..

I would like to know if anybody tried strong 4630 receiver to the NBA channel. What is the minimum size to disk and type of LNB, position of LNB?

I am here in Riyadh and presently getting signal from Hotbird, Nilesat and
Arabsat.

Any to help me please.... Thanks

boknoy_ph
26th February 2006, 22:24
hmmm, i dnt think this is the correct thread to ask about your strong stb, but nevertheless, you should be able to get the turksat signal well and clear in riyadh using dish 1.5 mtrs or bigger since the signal is not so stable. http://www.geocities.com/praetorius_ph/nba_tv.jpg is my nba setup. the rest of the dishes are hotbird based and the lnb is set at 6 0'clock position.

SEEME
28th February 2006, 07:34
Well, I finally found a way on how to make recording in progDVB without pixeled picture problem. But it maybe applicable in my system only.

in the settings option "use only first PCU " must be unchecked and priority must be Realtime.

However, I must always enter settings option and click OK before recording. Otherwise, the same problem happen even above settings are saved.

I wonder why...

boknoy_ph
28th February 2006, 08:06
that's because recording via dvb-s without onboard decoder takes a lot of cpu cycles (this is where expensive SS1 and hauppauge nexus-s comes in handy).

Rizi
7th March 2006, 21:23
i just buy a downlink stallitte setup and uplink via isp thats on opensky account any help me isnt any other one who provide me the same downlink and please advice any tips on it. i am useing technisat dvb card i am vry new in this field
Rizwan

saed
7th March 2006, 23:18
i just buy a downlink stallitte setup and uplink via isp thats on opensky account any help me isnt any other one who provide me the same downlink and please advice any tips on it. i am useing technisat dvb card i am vry new in this field
Rizwan
if you mean more satellite internet providers in your area, then just search in google and you will find a lot. or look in all satellite which covers your area in lyngsat.com satellite chart and you will find internet providers there also.

Rizi
8th March 2006, 19:18
please advice any tips on it. i am useing technisat dvb card i am vry new in this field :roll: :arrow: so

bambus
10th March 2006, 23:08
Hi, I'm a new member in this forum and i was suprised to see that you have a topic "satellite internet". I'm interested in 2 way satellite internet. At the moment I'm using 2 way satellite internet from Eutel sat W2 but i'd like to find out if someone else is connected to that kind of net and what satellite do they get the net from

Best regards

P.S the topic is huge and i didn't have time to read it all, so if some else has posted something like this "sorry"

boknoy_ph
11th March 2006, 08:04
please advice any tips on it. i am useing technisat dvb card i am vry new in this field :roll: :arrow: so

help you with what? you got your connection, it is working, what else is the problem? want to get it for free?

boknoy_ph
11th March 2006, 08:07
Hi, I'm a new member in this forum and i was suprised to see that you have a topic "satellite internet". I'm interested in 2 way satellite internet. At the moment I'm using 2 way satellite internet from Eutel sat W2 but i'd like to find out if someone else is connected to that kind of net and what satellite do they get the net from
Best regards
P.S the topic is huge and i didn't have time to read it all, so if some else has posted something like this "sorry"

well, the satellite internet being referred to in this thread is the data grabbing options using the pc dvb-s card on a pc. no control over which file gets downloaded (if any) since we are merely eavesdropping on somebody else's legal connection. it's good that you have a 2-way internet satellite at your disposal, nice bandwidth. here in mid-east, you can avail of 2way internet via satellite through showtimearabia on nilesat, gulfstream on NSS6 and soon, orbit on arabsat. i don't know of other packages covering other areas, perhaps other members can shed light on that for you.

alibaba
16th March 2006, 14:54
need help

i have skystar 2 PCI card installed then I tried to install "ProgDVB4.72.2FullInstall." the problem was that when i open progdvb it is showing "device not started" and there is no list for the DiseqC switch. The dialog box for the DiseqC selection is empty. i installed altdvb and it is working. i am just wondering why progdvb is not working..

please advice me what version of progdvb should i use to open Polsat and INXC channel

thanks in advance.

aqeelraza
16th March 2006, 22:18
need help

i have skystar 2 PCI card installed then I tried to install "ProgDVB4.72.2FullInstall." the problem was that when i open progdvb it is showing "device not started" and there is no list for the DiseqC switch. The dialog box for the DiseqC selection is empty. i installed altdvb and it is working. i am just wondering why progdvb is not working..

please advice me what version of progdvb should i use to open Polsat and INXC channel

thanks in advance.

Dear alibaba open Progdvb.

Skystar2 card Setting:-
1-click on setting drop down list and select Device Settings
2-now choose Skystar2 Card from Card List and click on start button.

DiSEqC Settings

1-Press alt+D (shortKey) or click on setting drop down list and select DiSEqC
2-now delete all satellites from the list or if there are no satellites are shown in list then add new satellite by pressing ADD Lnb button.

Congratulations : Your LNB and Dvb Card problem are fixed successfully.

Now click on Channel List Menu and select Search Option.Your Selected LNB will be show out.select your LNB and Scan All channels.

Good Luck Take Care

8)

droshan
17th March 2006, 12:33
How can Get (hack) internet from Skystar 2 DVB

Rizi
18th March 2006, 21:10

help you with what? you got your connection, it is working, what else is the problem? want to get it for free?

When u dont have any good answer dont talk keep with quit and ????

boknoy_ph
19th March 2006, 14:06
heh, you don't even know what you are asking. you already have your downlink, and it is working. so what exactly are you asking? more bandwidth? there can be no hack against that since you are a legal subscriber and the bandwidth is being controlled according to your subscription plan. first off, make clear your questions so that others may give "answers" satisfactory to your level of understanding. so what if you are using technisat dvb, what about it that you want to know more? we are not psychics here that you can expect us to read your mind, nor we are being paid to answer all of the questions, however mundane and vague it may be.

paulhendra
20th March 2006, 17:24
halo any body can help me how used "Data Pid Scanner for ss2
with driver ss2 v4.3.0, 4.3.2 .
any body say this software work without DVBProg this working alone
about i dont know how use this software.

pleass help

paulhendra
20th March 2006, 17:24
halo any body can help me how used "Data Pid Scanner for ss2
any body say this software work without DVBProg this working alone
about i dont know how use this software.

pleass help

droshan
20th March 2006, 20:56
heh, you don't even know what you are asking. you already have your downlink, and it is working. so what exactly are you asking? more bandwidth? there can be no hack against that since you are a legal subscriber and the bandwidth is being controlled according to your subscription plan. first off, make clear your questions so that others may give "answers" satisfactory to your level of understanding. so what if you are using technisat dvb, what about it that you want to know more? we are not psychics here that you can expect us to read your mind, nor we are being paid to answer all of the questions, however mundane and vague it may be.

SkyStar 2

shehbaz
23rd March 2006, 20:17
i have parchez a dvb sky star2 with remote control.
i instal sky star soft ware to the net and also it,s driver.
sky star2 working good.but remote control did not work.
http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/receiver.jpg
i have this type of device with tecnisat remote.
i conected the device with port.
but a messege come on my secreen.
winlrc intaliz failed and would u like change the confi.......

i am very new in this field.plz help me with easy ways.And
in simple english.i will be thank ful to u.

aqeelraza
24th March 2006, 19:17
i have parchez a dvb sky star2 with remote control.
i instal sky star soft ware to the net and also it,s driver.
sky star2 working good.but remote control did not work.
http://winlirc.sourceforge.net/receiver.jpg
i have this type of device with tecnisat remote.
i conected the device with port.
but a messege come on my secreen.
winlrc intaliz failed and would u like change the confi.......

i am very new in this field.plz help me with easy ways.And
in simple english.i will be thank ful to u.

shahbaz i am tired to set my remote with my skystar2 card.but it is not working.i have also ask this same question to Rdi members but no body reply to me.
anyway i got this remote..

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4213/remoteskystar21np.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=remoteskystar21np.jpg)

and this receiver..

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5616/receiverskystar25vc.th.jpg (http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=receiverskystar25vc.jpg)

I hope we got some good and detailed tutorial from Real Experts

Take Care.

boknoy_ph
24th March 2006, 22:21
i am really very sorry that you guys are having troubles with your remote control. i was able to make my techisat 1020 work with the remote before, using winlirc and progdvb. here's what i did (trying to recall from memory, so please bear with me).

1. install winlirc (of course)
2. execute winlirc. there may be some errors, especially it will complain that it failed to initialise, click Ok anyway.
3. configure winlirc. look for technisat.cf. it will analyse it and should declare that it was a success.
4. click Ok again to mimimize the winlirc to the system tray. test your winlirc accepts the command from your remote by pressing ANY button, the color should change to green whenever you press ANY key on the remote control unit.
5. open your progdvb with winlirc plugins installed and running.
6. open the winlirc plugin settings. go to configure, you should not find any entries from there.
7. you may now add whatever you wish to the remote control to do, such as vol up (correspond this to the remote button on your unit).
8. after having your remote control configured, clicked on "apply". your progdvb should now respond to your commands.

as for mytheatre, you can use MTremote. i configured my MTremote before to simply use the channel numbers as listed to shift channels as the "channel up" and "channel down" buttons shift whole transponder channels. could be a bad configuration from my end, i really don't know. now, some folks have said that DVBViewer and winlirc works wonderfully, i did not try that though. there is also a third party software that works with progdvb but you have to pay for it, and i did not find any cracks for that program either on the internet (besides, i forgotten the name already). now, if you want your RC unit to control other programs, then you may opt for Girder (it's not free i think), but you can try it if you want.

anyhow, i'll try to remember some more of those years past when i still had my pc dvb with me. or if you are willing, send me your units and i will try it here to make it work, then i will tell you the exact steps. how's that for an offer, lol. :lol: :lol:

alibaba
25th March 2006, 08:56
Please help!

I just purchased a sky star USB but i cannot use the ALT DVB software version 2.1 "AltDvb_Base_Ver21_B1881" i also downloaded and placed interface library "AltDvb_Intf_SkyStar2_B252" for skystar 2. but when i click the Altdvb it shows:

Error: Skyopen ()

Please instruct me on how to solve this problem. Thanks iin advance!

aqeelraza
25th March 2006, 16:55
5. open your progdvb with winlirc plugins installed and running.
6. open the winlirc plugin settings. go to configure, you should not find any entries from there.

Dear boknoy I dont understand step 5 and step 6..I dont have Winlirc Plugins installed with my Progdvb.
Now please tell me where to find these plugins and how to configure with remote.

Please Help Thanks.

send me your units and i will try it here to make it work, then i will tell you the exact steps. how's that for an offer, lol. :lol: :lol: :P

Lolz..hmmm i cant live without my DVB card... :lol: So sorry :P I know you are joking Dear Boknoy..
Thanks for your Quick reply.Take Care

alibaba
25th March 2006, 17:23
Boknoy and Saed,

I have a SkyStar USB but it is not working with Altdvb, Progdvb, Mytheater and Dream. For AltDVB and error message shows "Skyopen" for Progdvb the error message shows "Device not started." Please advice me on what to do.

thanks in advance.

boknoy_ph
25th March 2006, 17:50
Boknoy and Saed,
I have a SkyStar USB but it is not working with Altdvb, Progdvb, Mytheater and Dream. For AltDVB and error message shows "Skyopen" for Progdvb the error message shows "Device not started." Please advice me on what to do.
thanks in advance.

reinstall your drivers, update if necessary from technisat.com. then make sure the unit is powered up.

boknoy_ph
25th March 2006, 17:56
@aqeel,

i know that you cannot live with your dvb-s card, lol. anyway, try reinstalling progdvb with winlirc client support, then follow the steps as mentioned above exept steps 5-6. just configure your winlirc client with progdvb running. or visit www.progdvb.com for the winlirc plugins.

alibaba
25th March 2006, 18:19
@boknoy

thanks for your reply.

but the thing is that my skystar USB is working fine with DVB viewer from technisat CD. I also updated the latest driver from the technisat website. Unfortunately the problem is that my skystar USB is not working with 3rd party software like progdvb, altdvb, dream and mytheater even after upgrading the driver.

i doubt that skystar 2 driver for these 3rd party software is compatible with skystar USB. my sky star USB is the newest model from technisat.

boknoy_ph
25th March 2006, 20:34
@alibaba,

during installation of progdvb, the first screen allows you to select the audio source and your dvb card. make sure you select the technisat skystar 2 pci/usb as your hardware.

zolaforever
26th March 2006, 05:18
Which Satellite broadband Internet Provider is the best and cheapest for Southeast Asia?
Please tell me about two.
One Cband and One Ku band.
Thanks

alibaba
26th March 2006, 08:00
@boknoy,

thanks for your advice.

the problem still occurs in 3rd party software. i just can't figure it out.. it is perfectly working with DVB viewer but that's it. Is ALTDVB working well with Sky Star USB device?

aqeelraza
26th March 2006, 10:46
Which Satellite broadband Internet Provider is the best and cheapest for Southeast Asia?
Please tell me about two.
One Cband and One Ku band.
Thanks

OPENSKY is the best
http://www.opensky.net/

TAKE CARE 8)

boknoy_ph
26th March 2006, 18:29
another software to configure your remote on the pc is uICE.

shehbaz
26th March 2006, 19:01
Dear,
thanx very much sir boknoy_ph
for guide.
but my remote working well with dvbviewer software.
but the working with progdvb i don,t under stand,plz u expalin
again progdvb method.
first u said,
my thinking is this if i am wrong so plz giude me.
first i instal winlrc in prog dvb and then add copy of winlrc in progdvb plugin.
second now i have open progdvb.and i go to plugin there will be have
winlrc.i have to open winlrc.and after this same method of dvbwiewer
u mean.
plz my english is week ...sory for it.
plz saeed bahi and boknoy help me.

boknoy_ph
26th March 2006, 19:19
exactly as you did in dvbviewer, you have to configure the winlirc plugin in progdvb to "teach" your remote to get the commands working in progdvb.

shehbaz
26th March 2006, 19:30
thanx very much dear foe qiuck respons.
where is saeed bahi?before few days i can,t see him online.

alibaba
26th March 2006, 20:17
Sky Star USB

@boknoy and Saed

I was still not able to figure out the problem with my sky star USB. i did re-installation and update of driver but it is still not working with 3rd party software. I think it is diffirent from the "sky star 2 USB" device. the one one i have is "sky star USB" which is the latest model from technisat. the thing here is that this Sky Star USB device is working perfectly with DVB viewer.

to those RDI member that has sky star USB please share your knowledge regarding 3rd party software like Alt DVB and progdvb.

boknoy_ph
26th March 2006, 20:38
my mistake, i was thinking you have the skystar 2 that's why i suggested you reinstall the drivers. so far, skystar usb is not supported on progdvb/mytheatre/etc. you may have to wait for these 3rd party apps to support your device or look for bda compatible drivers and then use bda installation for progdvb.

shehbaz
27th March 2006, 06:01
dear,
there is a prblame,
when i copy winlrc in the progdvb plugin.and i opend
progdvb player. and go in plugin there is no winlrc i found.
plz help

shehbaz
27th March 2006, 08:04
yes i got it.
thanx very much again dear dear boknoy_ph.

saed
27th March 2006, 08:34
@alibaba
install the latest drives from technisat.com (ver 4.3.2) and while installing ProgDVB select SkyStar-2/USB, similarly configure MT to use SkyStar-2 during installation, Complete MT includes drives for it but are not updated.
your USB box will surely work.

shehbaz
27th March 2006, 11:57
saeed bahi,
i really miss u before few days.
i got skystar2 with remote and also working well with progdvb.
but have some problame with remote keys.only left , write,up and down kys work.my remote is TTS35AI.can u give me some idea about remote key satting.i will be thank ful to u.
i open progdvb and and going satting there is control of remote.
but how i add key in that area i don,t know.when i add 1 or 2 or 3 in the front of remote key. cilk on ok. i press 1 key on remote but moving.plz help me.

alibaba
28th March 2006, 06:51
@saed

thank you for your help.

Now my sky star USB is working fine except for the PID recorder function. Everytime I go to this PID recorder an error message appears from windows: "Progdvb has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Please advice me on how to solve this problem.

Once again thank you.. i am looking forward to your reply.

shoko
30th March 2006, 18:28
Hello there,

I was wondering if there are any satellite internet providers on Hotbird or Nilesat or Amos.
( someone to offline download from using FileGrabber or so )

If so, anyone knows their freq. and PIDs ?
I've been looking arround with no luck.
Is it working there for anyone?

Thanks a lot

boknoy_ph
30th March 2006, 22:25
go PID hunting on nilesat for showtime data streams. had no luck with it though. NSS6 carries the falconstream data. i forgot the transponder details, sorry.

saed
1st April 2006, 08:41
Everytime I go to this PID recorder an error message appears from windows: "Progdvb has encountered a problem and needs to close."
uninstall ProgDVB completely, and download the latest version of both ProgDVB and PIDScanner and install them again.

ttvro
19th April 2006, 15:46
Thank you for your efforts now and in the past.

dodi
22nd April 2006, 23:42
hello friends

yesterday i visit to ansar mall sharjah ,found " lightwave skyview pci card "
that can record from analog camera or VCR
here is the link for the card please guide me about its quality if i make dvd or cd from analoug video camera

http://www.lightwave.ae/satellite%20card.html

saed
23rd April 2006, 01:28
hello friends

here is the link for the card please guide me about its quality if i make dvd or cd from analoug video camera

seems to be pinnacle OEM, have u purchased it ? if yes , can you put a close-up picture of the card.

dodi
23rd April 2006, 17:09
seems to be pinnacle OEM, have u purchased it ? if yes , can you put a close-up picture of the card.[/quote]

thank you mr saed for reply , no not yet buy, but i think its not pinnacle card , its satellite channel card but we can input video analog also, its made in china and cost 200DHS

saed
23rd April 2006, 23:48
thank you mr saed for reply , no not yet buy, but i think its not pinnacle card , its satellite channel card but we can input video analog also, its made in china and cost 200DHS
I mean the Pinnacle DVB-S (satellite tv card) not the analog one, pinnacle card also have allmost the same features and looks like the card you are referreing. look at the picture below
http://pc-worldshop.de/catalog/images/A24431.jpg

dodi
24th April 2006, 17:02
yes mr saed you are 100% right , the card was likt that picture you attach. :D

boknoy_ph
25th April 2006, 04:42
hello friends

fact: your output is as good as your source. so if your camera is designed for TV quality, then don't expect it to have a real DVD resolution when you burn it to DVD and play on your hardware.

ferdz
26th April 2006, 19:55
Guys i have a lot of movies recorded from DVB satellite. I tried converting the movie in SVCD format or DVD format but as what i observe the size of the picture become narrow i mean my screen did not become full and you will see black in boths sides right and left. please is there another way i can record it covering the whole screen not having this black screen in both sides? and please i need your help and advice on this so i can transfer my movies to DVD. thank you :)

boknoy_ph
27th April 2006, 18:01
try using ulead video studio 9.

saed
28th April 2006, 00:12
Ulead Video Stuiode is indeed is one of the best video processing software, apart from that you can try Nero 7 premium also, and change the settings to enhanced mode which will take more time to encode but the resulting vidoe will be of great quality.

ferdz
28th April 2006, 09:37
Ulead Video Stuiode is indeed is one of the best video processing software, apart from that you can try Nero 7 premium also, and change the settings to enhanced mode which will take more time to encode but the resulting vidoe will be of great quality.

thank you for your advice bro. buknoy & mr saeed.. :lol:

boknoy_ph
28th April 2006, 09:51
@saed,

i was using nero ultra before, now im using nero premium. i noticed premium to be much faster during encoding of videos. dunno if it's just me or what, can you confirm?

ferdz
3rd May 2006, 00:25
@saed,

i was using nero ultra before, now im using nero premium. i noticed premium to be much faster during encoding of videos. dunno if it's just me or what, can you confirm?

Bro. boknoy i just buy a DVD writer and i want your help. my mpeg2 files if i converted it to DVD using nero it say that the file is to big. How can i reduce the file so the whole movie will fit to one DVD. Thank you

boknoy_ph
3rd May 2006, 02:15
how big is your file? try TmpGenc to cut your video into several sections, then use X2D by bitburner to convert to DVD compliant format and burn away. Roxio's Easy CD creator is better in authoring DVD's compared to Nero.

spark2006
4th May 2006, 07:36
New Receiver Which decode all channels on Nilesat, hotbird, Pas7/10

boknoy_ph
4th May 2006, 16:56
New Receiver Which decode all channels on Nilesat, hotbird, Pas7/10

you are dang desperate to make your sales that even in forums you advertise.

saed
4th May 2006, 18:58
@saed,
the same software with same decoding engine, premium adds some more features, i didnot find any difference for decoding.

shehbaz
5th May 2006, 20:07
saeed and other Experts plz guide me.
i want to run nsv player streaming with prog dvb.
but i don,t know method.plz plz guide me easy method.
this is software
http://www.fastsatfinder.com/nsv.html
first this messger came.
(loadlibaray(dsn,ax)
and after A erorr come

saed
7th May 2006, 02:14
@shehbaz
it is a stand-alone program and not a MD plugin so it can not be used either with ProgDVB or any other dvb software.

and it works only for SkyStar-2 cards with 4.3.x drivers and above.

NSV Server ver. 1.2 new
NSV Player ver. 1.0
Win 2k/Xp
Only for SkyStar2!
Driver ver. 4.3.0 and later

shehbaz
7th May 2006, 07:04
thanx saeed bai,
i have skystar2.i want to make a netstreaming server.but
don,t know how?some of my friend want to see cricket match.who have
computer and internet.they want to see via netstreaming.plz tell me any
easy way.i will very thanful to u.

saed
7th May 2006, 17:26
if you have ss-2 then it should work for you. try the follwoing.

- extract the download file on the pc with SS-2 installed. click on NSVServer folder and there double click on reg_dsnet and then reg_mpeg2data, this will register the proper dll/ax files. now run the NSVServer and select your satellite and then transponder and click on Statr.

- Now on each client computer, open NSVPlayer folder, and there double click on reg_dsnet and then reg_mpeg2data, this will register the proper dll/ax files. Now run the NSVPlayer1.0 and select connect, after few seconds you will see the channels which are displayed on server PC. now you can select any channel and watch. Repeat this method on all client.

Remember you have have double-click reg_dsnet and reg_mpeg2data only once or click them till you see dsnet and mpeg2data successfully registered.

If you donot see any picture in client Player, try installing InterVideo WinDVD, Cyberlink PowerDVD or elecard codec or any other MPEG-2 software decoder.

shehbaz
7th May 2006, 22:50
dear saeed as u said,
i down nsv palyer and sever.when i go nsv server then clik on
des-net.bat .a message come on my secreen. loadlibrary("dsnet.ax")
and also in korea language 실 -지정된 모듈 찾을 수없 삽니다.
and when 2 clik on mpegdata.ax .have this massege
mpeg2data.ax외 dll register server 성공.
after this i open nsv it,s open and error come.
and when i open nsv palyer and streaming with localhost .i clik
on conect .have same sessage massege
loadlibrary("dsnet.ax")
and also in korea language 실 -지정된 모듈 찾을 수없 삽니다.
plz plz help me where i am wrong in satting of drivers.or other

shehbaz
8th May 2006, 17:56
bonky-ph@
wat,s ur comments about it.plz guide

saed
8th May 2006, 19:09
@shehbaz

search for the files "dsnet.ax" and mpeg2data.ax" in your C: driver, hopefull you will find them, if can not then search them in google. then put them in NSVPlayer and NSVServer folder and then click on both batch files one by one in each folder and then try.

saed
9th May 2006, 21:10
anyways, i have uploaded the files again, here's the link
http://rapidshare.de/files/20002757/NSV-ax.zip.html

shehbaz
10th May 2006, 05:30
saeed bahi,
as u said .i add these file in the syestem and nsv server and player
ok.first i clik on the dsnet .it,s open in note paid.ok same for mpg2data.
now i clik on the server.but it,s give a massge .no skystar2 device.

i think the step of "dsent" and mpg2 data ok.
but now problame with device satting.now wat should be i do?

shehbaz
10th May 2006, 05:51
as i write first these files i add in system and nsv server and palyer
and when i cilk on these files it,s open on notepad.
ok and then i open server it,s have arror.
any other method or any other dvb streaming server.plz plz
tell me .

saed
11th May 2006, 17:13
as i write first these files i add in system and nsv server and palyer
and when i cilk on these files it,s open on notepad.
ok and then i open server it,s have arror.
any other method or any other dvb streaming server.plz plz
tell me .
You dont have to open these files, dont click on them. just download again and put them. dont open them.

shehbaz
12th May 2006, 18:44
saeed bahi,
i delete all data of nsv stream.
and first i down these files and add in to system ok.i did not open
it.
and second i down 1.8 nsv server and 1.2 palyer who have on
******** homw page in skystar dvb files.ok
and now i copy dsnet and mpg2data , first add in the nsv srver and then
in player.when i copy dsnet add in the sever .server open,s atomaticly.ok
same for player.
now i open nsv server there was hotbirt satelitte and his transponder.
ok.
but when i add asia 3s and pas10 who i have.no transponder list.
i am using progdvb and dvb viewer.
i have two dishes .one on Asia sat3 and other have pointed on pas 10.
Daseq swich i am using 1.0 ok asia3s on d port and c on pas 10.

now wat is my next step.plz guide me
sorry for my week english.

saed
13th May 2006, 00:07
you are doing right, download this folder and extract it in NSVServer folder and NSVplay folder
http://rapidshare.de/files/20260518/Transponders.rar.html

if you give up on NSV then you can tray VideoLan also, download it here
http://www.videolan.org

VLC Media Player and VLS streaming server.

shehbaz
13th May 2006, 16:16
saeed bai,
i down the transponder.rar and add in the same folder of
nsv palyer and sever.but no asia 3s and other satelitte transpoder here
only hotbirt.

Alone_Moody
13th May 2006, 17:45
VISIONDTV SAT-CI
http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/internet/visionsatcibig.jpg
$ 178.79
Product Description...
Top Seller Exciting new PCI satellite card for TV on your PC and satellite internet. Features include PVR recording function, video capture, teletext and common interface slot for cams. Remote control and infra eye are also included as standard. This product cannot be beaten on value, the PVR software included with this product is superb. Last but not least the VisionDTV SAT-CI is compatible with the Funcard 6in1 emulation software 'ProgDVB' and 'My Theatre', decode channels using the power of your PC, no need for cams or cards, more details soon...
Key Features
Support DVB protocol
Internet via satellite
DVB Data services reception
Support MPE (multiprotocol encapsulation)
PCMCIA Interface
Common Interface (DVB EN50221)
Digital Satellite TV and Radio Program Receiving
Real time Digital Video Recording (DVR) and Schedule Recording
Time-shifting
Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Still Frame Capture
FTA Multi-Channel Preview
Transponder, Satellite Auto Scan
Viewing and Schedule Recording Different DTV Channels Simultaneously
MPEG-II Software Decoding
Software Upgradeable
Video Quality Adjustment
Favorite List
Teletext
LNB Loopthrough
DiSEqC 1.2
Compatible with Free-XTV and Dragon CAM
System Requirements
Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
500MHz CPU or above
128M RAM or above
VGA Card with at least 8MB Memory
Sound Card
Microsoft Direct X 8.1 or above
Digital Satellite Dish & LNB
Tuner
Input terminal: F-type 75 Ohm
Receiving frequency: 950~2150MHz tuning range
Input level: -65~25dbm
Support MCPC and SCPC
QPSK & FEC
Symbol rate: 2~45Msps
QPSK filter: Root-raised cosine filter with roll-off 0.35
FEC: 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and Auto
LNB & Switch Control
LNB supply voltage:13 or 18V
DiSEqC: 1.2/1.3 (USALS)
Support Data Burst & Tone Burst
Antenna and LNB control: 22KHz tone
Max. LNB supply current: 400MA with short circuit and surge protection
PCI interface
PCI bus: PCI 2.2 compliant
Host bus burst rate: 132MB/s
Host bus width: 32 bit
Demultiplexing
Max. No. Section filtering:32 PIDs
Engine: software
Descrambler: DVB descrambler(Common Interface)
Streams capture: PES and TS
A/V Format
Video format: MPEG-II Main Profile& Main Level
Audio format: MPEG-II Audio layer I & II
Compatible CAM’s (Conditional Access Modules)
Compatible CAM
Version
SECA I & II
Viaccess
1.0 V481 & V483
AlphaCrypt
BataCrypt
Conax
Cryptoworks
Aston
Nagravision
All
AXAS II+ / Free-X TV
All
Dragon I & II
All

TwinhanDTV DVB-S2 CI
http://www.twinhan.com/Images/products/TwinhanDTV-Sat-CI_1034.jpghttp://www.twinhan.com/Images/products/icon_product-11.jpg
Watch & Record Satellite TV on PC
TwinhanDTV DVB-S2 CI is the first satellite TV card with designed-in common interface slot, which allows you to receive both free-to-air and scrambled channels. In possession of strong core competence in source integration, TwinhanDTV Sat-CI is compatible with most of CAMs currently on the market. (Detailed list, please see below.) Plus the powerful recording function, the TwinhanDTV DVB-S2 card will be your best choice for watching satellite TV.
Main Feature
• DVB-S/DVB-S2 supported
TwinhanDTV DVB-S2 CI bring you new generation of Satellite TV “DVB-S2”; User can enjoy H.264/MPEG2 HDTV via DVB-S/DVB-S2.
• Watch digital satellite TV on your PC
Receive both free-to-air and scrambled digital satellite TV and digital radio station on your PC.
TwinhanDTV Sat-CI is a professional DTV receiver, which brings digital satellite, broadcasts (TV and
radio) to your PC. With TwinhanDTV Sat-CI, you can experience the high definition & crystal clear video
quality (HDTV) easily through your monitor.
• Listen to digital radio
Enjoy the digital satellite radio stations in stereo & playback any time you like. The audio effect is near
CD quality.
• High speed Internet via satellite
To use "Internet via satellite" service, you need to have an account from satellite Internet service
provider, plus an account with a local Internet Service Provider. First, you connect to the Internet via your
local Internet Service provider. Secondly, you log on to your Satellite Internet provider. If you are sending
a request for a specified web page, the request goes via your local provider to the Satellite provider.
They will retrieve the Internet data and send this specified web page via Satellite back to your Computer.
The download speed depends on the satellite ISP provider.
• Pay TV Supported
Watch FTA & pay channels on PCs
You need extra CAM and smart card for pay TV receiving
• Wake Up Scheduled Recording
Just set your recording schedule in advance, the computer will execute the recoding job automatically
even your PC is in sleep mode!
Specification
Tuner • Input terminal: F-type 75 Ohm
• Receiving Frequency: 950 ~ 2150 MHz Tuning Range
• Input Level: -65~25 dbm
QPSK & FEC • Symbol Rate: 2~45 Msps
• FEC: 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and Auto
LNB & Switch control • LNB Supply Voltage: 13 or 18V
• DiSEqC: 1.2
• Support Data Burst & Tone Burst
• Antenna and LNB Control: 22KHz Tone
• Max. LNB Supply Current: 400MA with Short Circuit Protection
PCI interface • Bus: PCI 2.2 Compliant
• Host Bus Burst Rate: 132MB/s
• Host Bus Width: 32 bit
De-multiplexing • Engine: Software
• Streams Capture: PES and TS
A/V Format • Video Format: MPEG-II Main Profile& Main Level
• Audio Format: MPEG-II Audio Layer I & II
System Requirements
• Microsoft® Windows® XP
• Microsoft® DirectX9.0C or later
• Microsoft® Windows® Media Player 9.0 or later
• P4 2G MHZ CPU or above
• 256MB RAM or above
• VGA card with at least 32MB memory
• Sound card or on board sound chip
• Digital Satellite Dish & LNB
Retail package
• TwinhanDTV DVB-S2 CIcard
• Infrared remote control with AAA batteries
• Infrared remote control receiver
• Quick Installation Guide
• Software CD (Multi-lingual application
software and User’s manual in PDF format)

Twinhan VisionPlus VP-1020A PC Card for Satellite TV
http://www.daveswebshop.com/vp1020_6.jpg
Watch and record FTA Satellite TV on your PC ! Requires Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP 500 MHz cpu or higher, 128M Ram and a VGA card or better with 8MB memory, Sound card and Microsoft Direct X 8.1 or above, Satellite dish and components. Our card even includes the remote control which is normally a optional item !
Real time digital video recording (DVR)
Scheduled recording
Electronic Program Guide where available
DVB data service
Time Shifting
Capture
Teletext
Digital Satellite TV and Radio Reception
Preview
LO Range of 950-2150 MHz
Supports input levels of -65 to -25 dBm
Supports MCPC and SCPC
QPSK & FEC: symbol rate of 2 to 45 Msps
QPSK filter: Root-raised cosine filter
Roll off 0.35
Punctured codes: 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8 and Auto
LNB supply voltage: 13/18V with Short Circuit Protection
DiSEqC 1.2
Supports data burst and tone burst
Antenna and LNB control: 22 KHz tone
Max LNB current 400mA
PCI Bus; PCI 2.2 compliant
Host bus burst rate: 132 MB/s
Host bus width: 32bit
Maximum section filtering: 32 pids
Engine: Software
90 day warranty via USA Distributor
http://www.daveswebshop.com/vp1020_7.jpg
Digitally record to your hard drive on your PC ! Includes DiSEqC commands 1.2 for motor controls. With a PC you have most of the recording components built in. Sure you can buy a FTA receiver with a built in hard drive, but why spend loads of cash when you can do the same thing quite inexpensively with the VP-1020A Card. Use the video/audio output of the computer's sound card, and you can use your TV or Stereo system.
All parameters that one can set on a table top receiver can be set on the software, such as the LO of the LNB, DiSEqC controls and 22 KHz tone, as well as 13/18 volts for LNBFs.

SKYSTAR2 PVR
http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/internet/skystar2big.jpg
Product Description...
Europe's best selling satellite PC card, the SkyStar 2 TV PVR is now available with extended language support. On the latest software release, the SkyStar 2 now supports 25 languages: Albanian, Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Croatian, German, Dutch, English, Spanish, Finnish, French, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak/Srpski and Swedish.
New Version 2.6D In Stock - Now with PVR recording function, new high sensitivity tuner, Remote Control/Eye
Digital DVB satellite PC card for data reception, high-speed internet, plus TV and radio programmes - inc PVR recording.
The SkyStar 2 PC card is the best selling PC card in Europe and is specifically optimised for the reception of data via satellite, based on the DVB standard. This can be used for instance, to implement high-speed internet connections over satellite with ISPs such as Europe On-Line.
This PC card is also ideal for receiving and recording free-to-air digital satellite TV and radio programmes on your PC, and was quoted by hardware guide What Satellite TV magazine as "the best TV PC card money can buy."
The recording PVR (Personal Video Recorder) function of this card means that, apart from receiving digital TV and radio programmes via satellite, you can now also record these programmes. Features such as starting or stopping recording at pre-set times (timer function) are also included, as is the option of programming the timer directly from Electronic Programme Guide data.
- Reception of digital data services via satellite
- Data streams up to 90 Mbps
- Reception of digital satellite TV and radio programmes
- Pre-programmed programme list
- PVR (Personal Video Recorder) function
- Electronic Programme Guide
- Teletext function
- DiSEqC 1.0
- Include Remote Control + Serial Remote Eye
- Plug & Play operation
- Input frequency range 950 MHz - 2150 MHz
- Symbol rates 2-45 MS/sec (SCPC and MCPC)
- FEC 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8 (automatic adjustment)
- Operating systems: 98SE/ME/NT4.0SPG/XP
- Made in Germany

SKYSTAR 1 CI PVR
http://www.pulsat.com/satellite/internet/skystar1big.jpg
Product Description...
The latest TechniSat SkyStar1 CI PCI satellite card for watching free and scrambled channels on your PC!
With the SkyStar 1 CI you are able to receive digital encrypted and free TV and radio channels via satellite, this unit also includes built-in PVR functions allowing you to record programmes directly to your computers hard disk. The card is also prepared for data services and "High speed internet via satellite".
With numerous third part applications also available on the internet the Skystar 1 CI PVR is a definite 'must have' item for the satellite enthusiast.
Equipment characteristics
Reception of digital DVB-S television-, radio channels and teletext
Reception of data services via satellite dish (Multicast/Unicast, MPE)
Common Interface slot
Remote control set
Channel, Transponder, Satellite Auto Scan
Plug&Play
Favourite List
Teletext
PCI card
Fully DVB Compliant
Input Frequencies 950 - 2.150 MHz
RF-level -65 to -25 dBm
LNB support 13V/18V, 350mA max.
DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.2 with USALS
SCPC and MCPC
Operating systems: Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP
PVR Features
Real time Digital Video Recording (DVR) and Scheduled Recording
Time-shifting
Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Still Frame Capture
Multi-Channel Preview (FTA Channels Only)
Twin PVR feature
Package Contents
SkyStar 1 CI PCI card
Remote control set
CD with drivers, TV/radio/data software and documentation

Anver
14th May 2006, 21:46
Dear,

But can you advise me which is good - in the basis of soft upgrade, steability?

saed
15th May 2006, 07:46
Dear,

But can you advise me which is good - in the basis of soft upgrade, steability?
SkyStar-2 or Nova-S or TechnoTrend Budget, then Twinhan VisionPlus

Anver
15th May 2006, 17:00
Dear saed,

Yes let us continue here,

ORBIT - VP1030 - do you know the website of this product - as it is cheap here compare to Twinham Vision plus?

Is there any thing new (other than the STB) can we watch more scrambled channels than STB- I think you might have replied several times in the same thread - but there more than 50 pages - to read all those pages it may take a month, by the time my fund (for DVB card)will be lapsed - so can you give some updates?

saed
15th May 2006, 20:44
Dear saed,

Yes let us continue here,

ORBIT - VP1030 - do you know the website of this product - as it is cheap here compare to Twinham Vision plus?

Is there any thing new (other than the STB) can we watch more scrambled channels than STB- I think you might have replied several times in the same thread - but there more than 50 pages - to read all those pages it may take a month, by the time my fund (for DVB card)will be lapsed - so can you give some updates?

there is no website of Orbit VP-1030, this card is Twinhan VP-1030 only box is Orbit brand. you can know more about this card and its features, drivers etc at http://www.twinhan.com

it is more flexible than normal STB, you can compare it with Dreambox, whenever there is a new channel hack, just download the plugin and put it in your software. thats all.

You can directly record programs to your hard disk and later you can burn to VCD or DVD.

It can be used for 1-way satellite internet and offline data grabbing also.

SkyStar-2 rev.2.3 have auto S/R feature, can be used for Feed hunting, no other STB have this feature.

Anver
15th May 2006, 21:10
Dear Saed,

I just found these 2 cards in the shop SKYSTAR -2 and TwinhamDTV Sat-CI

SKYSTAR($60) is cheap than Twinham ($80)

According to your view which is best - SKYSTAR (not mentioned as rev2.3)

Please Advise

saed
15th May 2006, 22:08
Dear Saed,

I just found these 2 cards in the shop SKYSTAR -2 and TwinhamDTV Sat-CI

SKYSTAR($60) is cheap than Twinham ($80)

According to your view which is best - SKYSTAR (not mentioned as rev2.3)

Please Advise
yes SkyStar-2 is cheaper than Twinhan with CI , but best in performance. Rev.2.3 is no more sold now, it might the rev.2.6D or 2.6C which is available. go for skystar-2, dont hesitate.

Revision number is written on the back side of the card.

Anver
15th May 2006, 22:24
Dear,

OK Big Boss - I go with skystar 2

Which card you use? (a simple question, if available then I will buy that, Why- I have a BIG BOSS with me. Am I correct? :) :D

saed
15th May 2006, 23:54
i've used allmost all the revisions of SkyStar-2 from 2.3 to 2.6D, i have SkyStar-1 also but i am using Haupauge Nexus-s at the moment for tv out purpose.

here is picture of SS2 rev2.3 back .

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/saedulali/ss2_2.jpg

Anver
16th May 2006, 00:37
Dear,

Ok - once installed(after the driver installation), just install the manufacturer soft, then install the progdvb, then latest s2emu(S2Emu 1.24) - anything else other than this ? - please advise

saed
16th May 2006, 01:59
yes, after installing the card, install the drivers/software provided with card in CD, then install ProgDVB and s2emu and/or other plugins alongwith latest softcam.key file. thats all.

aqeelraza
16th May 2006, 09:10
Dear Saed and Experts Please tell me that how can I watch my Skystar2 Transmission on Tv ?
There is only one solution near to me that Start Dvb Player and Use Svideo Out from Graphic Card and connect the tv to Graphic Card Svideo??
or any other solution available then please guide me thanx. 8)
Take Care

Anver
16th May 2006, 16:57
Dear,

Successfully installed card/drvr/and progdvb soft - but none of the channels are appearing.

I have 3 Dish - 2 KU Band(Hotbird and NSS) and 1 C Band(Insat2E) all are working through DISEQC switch(4 in 1), and exactly the same way(I assume) I configured under 1.0 or 2.0 switch section - but still no picture after scanning.

The cable works when I connect back to my STB.

Please advise - what is wrong here?

saed
16th May 2006, 19:19
I have 3 Dish - 2 KU Band(Hotbird and NSS) and 1 C Band(Insat2E) all are working through DISEQC switch(4 in 1), and exactly the same way(I assume) I configured under 1.0 or 2.0 switch section - but still no picture after scanning.
If channels are scanned and channels appear in the list but there is no Video, then try these methods
1. re-install ProgDVB and while installing click on the option "Use elecard codec for soft-mode" and try then.
2. Install any one of InterVideo WinDVD, Cyberlink PowerDVD, elecard MPEG-2 codec or any other MPEG-2 software codec.
Picture will be shown.

If there is no scanning of channels appear at all then remove your DiSEqC switch and connect cable directly to the card and then scan the channels.

If you can see FTA channels but not encrypted channels then dont forget to put s2emu and/or other plugins alongwith latest softcam.key file in C:\progdvb folder.

Anver
16th May 2006, 19:29
If there is no scanning of channels appear at all then remove your DiSEqC switch and connect cable directly to the card and then scan the channels.

Dear Saed,

I have WINDVD and POWERDVD in my PC.

No channel list

You mean this will not work with DISEQC switch - or just for testing?

saed
16th May 2006, 19:51
Dear Saed and Experts Please tell me that how can I watch my Skystar2 Transmission on Tv ?
There is only one solution near to me that Start Dvb Player and Use Svideo Out from Graphic Card and connect the tv to Graphic Card Svideo??
Take Care
This is the only solution with budget cards, take tv out from your graphic card. other soultions is over TCP/IP but those will be costly and requires more hardware.

saed
16th May 2006, 19:59
I have WINDVD and POWERDVD in my PC.
No channel list

You mean this will not work with DISEQC switch - or just for testing?
YES, ProgDVB is not efficient enough to deal with DiSEqC switches. Try to scan the channels on the satellite which you have connected on DiSEqC A port. if it also doesnot work then directly connect the cables.

If ProgDVB is not your solution with DiSEqC the try other apps like MyTheatre, ALT-DVB etc

az30094
17th May 2006, 01:53
@ Anver

In ProgDVB, you can see the signal level before doing a scan. Just go to "Scan transponder", select a valid transponder, its frequency, SR rate and polarity, and you should see two red bars each indicating quality and signal level.

As for Diseq setting, you have rightly selected the 1.0 or 2.0 option. After this, you have to manually add the satellites (upto 4) and assign them the appropriate ports.

In my experience, ProgDVB is the most user friendly software available that works with least hassles.

shehbaz
17th May 2006, 06:01
saeed bai@
oh yes ,i get it.
first i am very thankful to u for great guideness.
now all my steps ok.channels have working in nsv player.
but only picture not coming.wat,s codec i need .and where i
add codec in my system.
and how can see my friends these channel?

shehbaz
17th May 2006, 06:07
Take Care
This is the only solution with budget cards, take tv out from your graphic card. other soultions is over TCP/IP but those will be costly and requires more hardware.
wich hard ware reqwared,i also want to know ,and how much cost of it.
i want to buy.if u tell me his name in korean so very easy for me.
i want to see channel on big tv secreen.

Anver
17th May 2006, 16:28
if it also doesnot work then directly connect the cables. If ProgDVB is not your solution with DiSEqC the try other apps like MyTheatre, ALT-DVB etc

Dear Saed,

I don't know whats wrong, I even purchased a Dual LNB(one straight cable to DVB and one cable to DISEqC) for Hotbird and connected directly to DVB card but still nothing - no signal, but the direct cable works well with STB. SkyStar task bar icon itself shows "no signal", the driver identified properly and showing in the device manager under network adapter. - Card can be faulty - No I don't think., can I expose the pigtail of the cable a little bit out, may be it is touching to the F connector - can it be?. (but the same works with STB)

The card comes with a serial donkle/port - not sure what for that? (I even tried with and without)

please advise

saed
17th May 2006, 19:14
saeed bai@
oh yes ,i get it.
first i am very thankful to u for great guideness.
now all my steps ok.channels have working in nsv player.
but only picture not coming.wat,s codec i need .and where i
add codec in my system.
and how can see my friends these channel?
on the client computer (your friends computer) try installing one of these
1. Cyberlink PowerDVD or InterVideo WinDVD
2. Elecard MPEG-2 Codec
3. any other MPEG-2 codec, search on free-codecs.com

then right click on channel list and try selecting different codecs until the picture appear.

saed
17th May 2006, 19:17
wich hard ware reqwared,i also want to know ,and how much cost of it.
i want to buy.if u tell me his name in korean so very easy for me.
i want to see channel on big tv secreen.
all Premium cards like SkyStar-1, Haupauge Nexus-S, Technotrend Premium etc allready have video output, you can connect to your TV or any video server.
for more such hardware youc an search google for "video survilance" or "video server" or "video distributors" and add the word "over TCP/IP" to search these things with TCP/IP support.

saed
17th May 2006, 19:22
I don't know whats wrong, I even purchased a Dual LNB(one straight cable to DVB and one cable to DISEqC) for Hotbird and connected directly to DVB card but still nothing - no signal, but the direct cable works well with STB. SkyStar task bar icon itself shows "no signal", the driver identified properly and showing in the device manager under network adapter. - Card can be faulty - No I don't think., can I expose the pigtail of the cable a little bit out, may be it is touching to the F connector - can it be?. (but the same works with STB)
if there is no signal at all, yes peel the cable little more and check it properly.

The card comes with a serial donkle/port - not sure what for that? (I even tried with and without)
please advise
that dongle is IrDA reciver for Remote control unit. this dongle nothing does to you SkyStar-2 card it only receivs signal from remote control.

az30094
18th May 2006, 00:49
@ Anver

I am writing my experience so that this might help you.

My first purchase of the SS2 did not work at all. All my efforts and updates and technical browsings did not produce any positive results. Finally, I took it back to the vendor for a replacement. He got it checked with his technician and found it indeed was FAULTY. So he replaced the card with a working one that worked in first shot.

May be yours is also faulty too. If it is new, then better get it checked with the vendor and ask for a replacement, else, try with a friend who has got a good working setup.

Good luck.

saed
18th May 2006, 01:14
i've installed over 20 ss-2 cards (for acquaintance and friends) and never got a faulty card. but it happens, just get it checked with your seller to be sure if nothing works at all.

if you card is properrly installed in windows and detected by Progdvb and other software then it is not a faulty card, most probably a faulty tuner inside, which is a very rare case with SS-2 cards.

check everything again and you can do it. try using DVBViewer software which you got in the CD alongwith the card.

Anver
18th May 2006, 16:26
Dear Saed,

Yes, Fianlly it worked, the problem was the last statement of my reply, as you said I peel it little bit, then the pin got-out longer in F connector. Yes the signals are there - Thank you very much for your support.

Well It took a lot to FAVOR my channels as a list, it ended up just the "Champions League" match and watched through "SLOTV2", that was a good experiment. But I noticed one thing, that the signal delivery are 4-5 seconds slow than the STB, I could not notice this at first, when "Campbell" made his first goal for Arsenal - The TV was showing the ball in the net, but in the PC "Henry" was just taking the kick.

Ok now I required the Elecard 2 Decoder, that I just downloaded now, but DVB is working even without that since there is a prompt before to open the channels.

jim
19th May 2006, 18:15
it will be helpfull if anybody can mention if there is any possibility to connect PCI skystar2 to Eutelesat W3 and dondle to Humax5400 with RS232 and watch ****** II channels?

shehbaz
19th May 2006, 18:16
saed bai,
as u said i instal elecard mpeg2 codec.it,s working with my progdvb.
but in my computer ,when i start nsv server transponder signals ok.
after this i open nsv player conected.transponder channels i see in
nsv palyer and i clik any channel.but no pic .after this here i write clik on channel and slect elecard video decoder but result is same.
where i can cheek codec in my system.
Allah hafiz

saed
20th May 2006, 17:28
it will be helpfull if anybody can mention if there is any possibility to connect PCI skystar2 to Eutelesat W3 and dondle to Humax5400 with RS232 and watch ****** II channels?
SkyStar-2 itself is not able to open ******-2 channels yet with any plugin, except Cardsharing. and when it goes to cardsharing, you can use it with your humax also without opting it into SkyStar-2.

saed
20th May 2006, 17:32
saed bai,
as u said i instal elecard mpeg2 codec.it,s working with my progdvb.
but in my computer ,when i start nsv server transponder signals ok.
after this i open nsv player conected.transponder channels i see in
nsv palyer and i clik any channel.but no pic .after this here i write clik on channel and slect elecard video decoder but result is same.
where i can cheek codec in my system.
Allah hafiz
dear shehbaz,
you have allmost done, on server, if you click on any channel, its small icon will change and it means you allow this channel to be broadcast. after this procedure, innsv client you can play only those channels which you have allowed/clicked in server.

reagarding codec, if it still wont work, try installing PowerDVD or WinDVD again.

Anver
20th May 2006, 17:53
Dear saed,
Please read my above post.

and one more, after installing the Elecard2 Decode - still it appears as plugins missing. - please advise

saed
20th May 2006, 18:17
Dear Saed,

Yes, Fianlly it worked, the problem was the last statement of my reply, as you said I peel it little bit, then the pin got-out longer in F connector. Yes the signals are there - Thank you very much for your support.

Well It took a lot to FAVOR my channels as a list, it ended up just the "Champions League" match and watched through "SLOTV2", that was a good experiment. But I noticed one thing, that the signal delivery are 4-5 seconds slow than the STB, I could not notice this at first, when "Campbell" made his first goal for Arsenal - The TV was showing the ball in the net, but in the PC "Henry" was just taking the kick.

Ok now I required the Elecard 2 Decoder, that I just downloaded now, but DVB is working even without that since there is a prompt before to open the channels.
dear i can not understand, what do you mean. is it working or not ?

Anver
20th May 2006, 18:25
Dear,

Oh saed - just read the post please, "WORKING" - even I watch the match, but just check the post I mentioned some thing over there- that means -

1. Delay 2. Ele2 code.

please advise

saed
20th May 2006, 23:37
.... that the signal delivery are 4-5 seconds slow than the STB, ...
thats no wonder, it is because of less efficient tuner inside all budget pc dvb cards, they signal handling is not better than premium cards or normal receivers/stb.

Normally you donot require and elecard codec, because it is allready there in ProgDVB, when you install progdvb, elecard is automatically install. Just in case if it is not working due to any reason, download it and install it again.

Anver
21st May 2006, 00:19
Dear Saed,

Ok let me reinstall the ProgDVB and try. There a new Softcam file(19/5/06) in the Skystar file section in RDI,(it is a text file) is that some thing useful, how to update that?

az30094
21st May 2006, 00:56
Anver wrote

But I noticed one thing, that the signal delivery are 4-5 seconds slow than the STB, I could not notice this at first, when "Campbell" made his first goal for Arsenal - The TV was showing the ball in the net, but in the PC "Henry" was just taking the kick.

This is becuase of the buffering option of the viewer program. ProgDVB has 3 options - can be either disabled, in memory, or in hard disk. When the PC speed, memory and other resources are not up to the mark, or if you are running other resource hungry programs along side, the picture may get jerky. This option is to take care of this situation. Enable memory option, if you have plenty of RAM in your computer. The hard disk option is also ok.

I have disabled it fully, because, when I am watching an interesting program, I stop running all other programs, and when I am watching news or other not so interesting programs, I don't mind a little jerk in the picture.

Expriment with different options and post your results and let other get benefit out of your exprimentation.

Good luck.

saed
21st May 2006, 01:42
that is called Time Shifting, allways disable it and while watching a channel if sound/video is not synchronised or if you feel that the feed is coming little late just click the "Forward >>" button at bottom of Video. it will refresh the time shift buffer and will re-synch the live video.

softcam.key is the text file which stores latest keys to decrypt channels. put it alongwith the plugins like s2emu or vPlug, in the same folder. either in Progdvb main folder or under plugins folder.

az30094
22nd May 2006, 01:06
Dear Saed

Time Shifting and Buffering are two different things. Time Shifting uses Buffering, but Buffering is also used for other things too (like data caching).

voidzzz
27th May 2006, 16:58
om saed,
di Indonesia dimana ya bisa mesen skystar-2 pci ato nexus-s and harganya masing2 berapa om ?
rekomendasinya yang mana om ?
satu lagi om saed
kalo bisa tolong di kasih caranya connect internet make dvb card.
makasih ya oom

saed
27th May 2006, 17:34
om saed,
di Indonesia dimana ya bisa mesen skystar-2 pci ato nexus-s and harganya masing2 berapa om ?
rekomendasinya yang mana om ?
satu lagi om saed
kalo bisa tolong di kasih caranya connect internet make dvb card.
makasih ya oom
nexus-s mah kurang tau kalau ada apa gak tapi skystar-2 cari aja di manga dua. bagusnya pesan lewat internet aja, banyak yg jual online murah2 lagi. cara connect internet pake dvb yg gratis ?

voidzzz
27th May 2006, 17:47
lokasi gw di manado,
kalo bisa tolong jelasin yang gratis dan juga yang bayar

saed
27th May 2006, 18:03
lokasi gw di manado,
kalo bisa tolong jelasin yang gratis dan juga yang bayar
yang gratis hanya offline data grabbing, gak bisa surf, chat dll, yang bayar bisa semua tapi mahal sekali. terus adalah 2 macam, 1-way dan 2-way.

saed
27th May 2006, 18:37
PC DVB latest plugins available to download
http://www.********.com/uploadshow.php?id=2

S2Emu 1.24.1
* Fix for Premiere inverse DCW's.

vPlug 0.8.6
* Fixed : Hex Viewer errors.
* Fixed : German Premiere

Enjoy!

shehbaz
28th May 2006, 03:51
thanx saed

yalos
5th June 2006, 02:24
hi saed,
kindly help me with all the information that may lead me to upgrade my (DANSAT) DITAL SATELLITE RECEIVER.
Best wishes :roll:

thegreat4u2
7th June 2006, 00:51
saed can u explain me why i can't see picture of suntv10949 on hotbird in my progdvb while it is ok in altdvb.and can't hear inxtc 10853 while these things r ok with my supermax can u explain.and one more thing i can't watch many channels on 11013 which r promotional channels.thanx

saed
7th June 2006, 19:08
saed can u explain me why i can't see picture of suntv10949 on hotbird in my progdvb while it is ok in altdvb.and can't hear inxtc 10853 while these things r ok with my supermax can u explain.and one more thing i can't watch many channels on 11013 which r promotional channels.thanx

if you can wathc these channels well in ALT-DVB and face problem in ProgDVB then change the same graph filter in ProgDVB which you are using in ALT-DVB. to watch promotional channels on 11013, have you tried vPlug 0.8.8 ?

razakhan
8th June 2006, 19:42
To Mr. Saed.
can you please confirm this post
http://www.********.com/f2/viewtopic.php?t=70217
thanks

saed
8th June 2006, 23:03
To Mr. Saed.
thanks
i didnot tried it coz i'm not on that satellite, give it a try if you have that satellite.

razakhan
9th June 2006, 02:04
razakhan wrote:
To Mr. Saed.
thanks

i didnot tried it coz i'm not on that satellite, give it a try if you have that satellite.
Thanks

totingPh
9th June 2006, 13:59
To Mr. Saed,
I am filipino of nationality i am going on vacation this coming November. I want to bring Technisat Skystar2 original made in Germany but here in my place Hail, Saudi Arabia only available SS2 are all made in china. Can you help me to avail SS2 v2.6d which is made in Germany. Many thanks.

totingPh
9th June 2006, 14:05
@ Mr. Saed,
In your experience in DVB PCI what is the best and stable DVB player when it comes to picture to picture quality and CPU usage.

lakaypogi
10th June 2006, 01:26
To Mr. Saed,
I am filipino of nationality i am going on vacation this coming November. I want to bring Technisat Skystar2 original made in Germany but here in my place Hail, Saudi Arabia only available SS2 are all made in china. Can you help me to avail SS2 v2.6d which is made in Germany. Many thanks.

@ totingPh...

it doesnt matter whether what your ss2 made. actually i have here which is made in china and one germany which is same no difference at all. both can handle progdvb, my theather, dvb players. Try to used DVB for it is more stable and less cpu consumption.... have a nice vacation soon.

lakaypogi

totingPh
10th June 2006, 09:52
@lakaypogi,
thanks for the information, perhap i should go for made in china. You mean DVBdream is more stable and less CPU usage compare to Prog DVB and ALT-DVB. But many says that ProgDVB is more stable in Dream TV AU, im confused now which is which? Can you give me some idea on how to orient the dish for Dream TV using the SS2 under ProgDVB? Because here in saudi if i am orienting my antenna im not using satfinder im using only my stb to shoot the bird.

lakaypogi
10th June 2006, 17:41
@lakaypogi,
thanks for the information, perhap i should go for made in china. You mean DVBdream is more stable and less CPU usage compare to Prog DVB and ALT-DVB. But many says that ProgDVB is more stable in Dream TV AU, im confused now which is which? Can you give me some idea on how to orient the dish for Dream TV using the SS2 under ProgDVB? Because here in saudi if i am orienting my antenna im not using satfinder im using only my stb to shoot the bird.

Yeah better go for it m8. yes some says Prog DVB and ALT-DVB are much better.. but my experience in using DVBdream qualifies and justify my claims. I have been using that player but haven’t encountered any problems at all… for dish alignment for dream TV… position your dish to 118 degrees east. Lnb position between 7-8 oclock ( you have to face dish to get dish) dish elevation 55-60 degrees..tune in to 12541 H, 25600 which is the highest peak and center beam signal.

saed
11th June 2006, 01:42
To Mr. Saed,
filipino kah kabayan ?
SS-2 is only made by technisat, germany. there is no other SS-2 from china or any other country. If it is made in China, it is not SS-2, it might be a clone/OEM of Twinhan.
I am not sure about hail but if you have a branch of Al-shadadi Computers in Hail, you can find original SS-2 there. Or buy it from Riyadh or ask anybody in Riyadh to buy for you.

saed
11th June 2006, 01:44
@ Mr. Saed,
In your experience in DVB PCI what is the best and stable DVB player when it comes to picture to picture quality and CPU usage.
MyTheatre, ALT-DVB, DVBPortal, ProgDVB and RitzDVB grade wise.

nivram
11th June 2006, 14:50
Thanks for all the info.

I just bought an SS2 card and am using ProgDVB and S2-EMU. What files do I need to get autoupdate to work?

saed
11th June 2006, 17:59
Thanks for all the info.

I just bought an SS2 card and am using ProgDVB and S2-EMU. What files do I need to get autoupdate to work?
copy the vPlug 0.8.8 plugin in your ProgDVB folder.

nivram
11th June 2006, 20:03
I unzipped vPlug 0.8.8 into the plugins folder of ProgDVB. I keep getting the message Op key is incorrect. Update your softcam key.

The files that are unzipped in vPlug do not match the list of files mentioned in the readme.txt file. Apart from softcam.key where do the other missing files come from? I tried using Show Monitor but need a lot of information before any of it will make sense. For example, what is an AES key?

ferdz
11th June 2006, 21:25
you must update your softcam key.you can download it from http://www.croteam-sat.org/aploud/index.php but first you need to register. if you are online, your v-plug version 8.8 will search for the right AES key. :)

totingPh
12th June 2006, 13:46
@saed,
many thanks for the information Mr. Saed i will try to look for Al-Shadadi Computer here in Hail and if not i have relatives from Jeddah maybe he can buy there for me.

iqbalbhawana
13th June 2006, 01:53
Dear Saed would you please explain where I should put video codecs like elecard mpeg4 codecs, in the root directory of ProgDvb or in filters or in filtergraph folders of Plugins so that the newly downloaded codecs can be selected for use from the settings menu of ProgDvb application.
Iqbal_Bhawana

SEEME
13th June 2006, 02:07
Thanks for all the info.

copy the vPlug 0.8.8 plugin in your ProgDVB folder.

hi, is it to use S2emu with Vplug 8.8? I tried but system crashing. I also tried Vplug 8.8 only but it keeps searching for new codes even if it finds the correct one. So, if I am no longer connected to the internet. ProgDVb would hang.

I wonder what's been missing...

saed
13th June 2006, 18:23
hi, is it to use S2emu with Vplug 8.8? I tried but system crashing. I also tried Vplug 8.8 only but it keeps searching for new codes even if it finds the correct one. So, if I am no longer connected to the internet. ProgDVb would hang.

Use one plugin at a time, Disable all other. in Plugin menu click on Enable or Active to enable/disable a plugin. then it will not crash any more.
vPlug allways sarches for a new key form internet, if it doesnot find it in softcam.key. You better put the latest softcam.key file in Progdvb folder.

nivram
13th June 2006, 18:38
Thanks for all the info to get me to the point of being able to watch TV but I can't quite master the final step of autoupdating.

I have been getting the required softcam key code from the Messages section of this site and editing the softcam key file by copying and pasting.

This works fine as long as I find the active key. But I just can't get vPlug to update automatically. I have an ADSL connection but vPlug doesn't seem to update automatically and I am not expert enough to force it to update.

When it does work does update occur via the internet or via the satellite signal?

saed
13th June 2006, 18:51
Dear Saed would you please explain where I should put video codecs like elecard mpeg4 codecs, in the root directory of ProgDvb or in filters or in filtergraph folders of Plugins so that the newly downloaded codecs can be selected for use from the settings menu of ProgDvb application.
Iqbal_Bhawana
you dont have to put codecs in progdvb, just install them. but if you have more graph filter files ( .grf) then put them under ProgDVB\filter graph folder

nivram
13th June 2006, 20:13
Thanks ferdz

I tried registering for the site you suggested but the site would not accept my email address. I tried two different ones - same result.

I have been updating my softcam key file manually. Can you tell me where I can find some useful tutorial type material on vPlug? I have done a search but found nothing suitable.

ferdz
14th June 2006, 01:36
@Nivram

There is no tutorial you can found about V-plug you only do is to place it inside the folder plugins of your ProgDVB just what saed told before and you can view the encrypted channels.

az30094
14th June 2006, 03:36
Hi nivram

You need not edit your softcam files. You can find latest softcam files in any of the upload sites. I suggest the following site, where it gets updated twice in a day.

http://upload.dvhk.pl/index.php

Good luck and happy viewing.

boknoy_ph
17th June 2006, 05:06
Iqbal_Bhawana
you dont have to put codecs in progdvb, just install them. but if you have more graph filter files ( .grf) then put them under ProgDVB\filter graph folder

just to be safe, put the .ax files on windows/system32 and do regsvr32 /s nameofcodec.ax and hit enter. do this for both the audio and video codecs. once installed, configure progdvb to use the internal codecs. or you may opt to use the grapheditor and make your own filtergraphs as not all filtergraph will correspond to your installed codecs. per experience, i find the nvidia codecs to be more stable and less cpu load compared to other codecs.

shehbaz
17th June 2006, 06:12
saed and dear bonky@
can u tell me how i set a remote of skystar2 in my theater.i have tring this method.http://www.irandvb.net/showthread.php?t=1062
but some steps key satting i don,t know.can u expain step by step i am very thank ful to u.
watting ..........

shehbaz
17th June 2006, 06:15
and also i have running cs wincscv1.0 plugin in prodvb with newcam server.can it posible card sharing with my theater 3.33 ver.
i mean newcam5.25 server........

SEEME
17th June 2006, 20:56

Use one plugin at a time, Disable all other. in Plugin menu click on Enable or Active to enable/disable a plugin. then it will not crash any more.
vPlug allways sarches for a new key form internet, if it doesnot find it in softcam.key. You better put the latest softcam.key file in Progdvb folder.

Help!Help!Help!
I tired using the complete plugin (s2emu, vplug, etc) but before I was able to "disable" other plugin to use one at a time, my pc crash after running progdvb. I re-install progDVB successfully and have scanned the channels. However, when selecting any channels even FTA, the CPU usage runs up to 100% the my pc crash in a few seconds.

After trying many hours to see what's seems to be the problem, the tried watching mpeg2 file using power DVD. But the same problem uccurs. I suspected that the necessary component for playing mpeg2 file is missing. So I reinstall power DVD but even reinstalling it would use 100% of my CPU and my pc would hang. However, installing other software does not give any problem.

Can anyone have the same experience and help me with the solution?

Thanks

SEEME
17th June 2006, 23:05
Whew! its working now. must be the -install power DVD first before progDVB. How did the installation of power DVD went well this time, I dont know ..but it running perfect now...

Ismail Shah
19th June 2006, 05:36
hello friends

I want to buy a Sky star 2 DVB card but i want to know about is it a free to air card for hotbird or we can use this card for scrambled channels as like code menu recivers plz tell me in details

and also tell me about how can i connect internet by using this card
and what subsciption of it
and also tell me low cost of internet using this
:lol:

plz reply sooon thanks!

boknoy_ph
20th June 2006, 01:39
at first, it is free to air. but with the help of plugins like s2emu, yankse and fenrir, it becomes a ppv card able to view channels like what you usually have on ordinary boxes. but there's more, this card can be connected to a network via your pc and install the wincs plugin to be able to access the card sharing servers. we can say the pc dvb-s devices are the poor man's alternative to dreambox and others. as for internet, you may wish to subscribe or do PID hunting, albeit i have heard so much complaints about people not being able to properly tune to a data streaming broadcast.

Ismail Shah
20th June 2006, 08:49
at first, it is free to air. but with the help of plugins like s2emu, yankse and fenrir, it becomes a ppv card able to view channels like what you usually have on ordinary boxes. but there's more, this card can be connected to a network via your pc and install the wincs plugin to be able to access the card sharing servers. we can say the pc dvb-s devices are the poor man's alternative to dreambox and others. as for internet, you may wish to subscribe or do PID hunting, albeit i have heard so much complaints about people not being able to properly tune to a data streaming broadcast.
Thanks for reply but where can i get these plugins and how can i use internet with this card

boknoy_ph
20th June 2006, 19:40
the plugins can be found on this forum, under mach1 files. for use with internet, it is limited as you do not control the files being downloaded, you simply ride-on with the data stream and catch whatever is being processed at the time. or you may wish to subscribe to a provider and do it that way.

dragon_arts
20th June 2006, 20:36
dude im really screwed up -- yesterday i have upgrade the new hardware with RS232 --after upgrade i have open Eurosports international (esp intl) its scrambled -- before it was working fine --

then i tried to check key codes menu -- no key are there -- all keys are emty i have checked (viaccess, nagravision, cryptwork) all no keys at all -- please im really worried i wanna watch sports channel they are showing tennis live

please help me guys

Ismail Shah
22nd June 2006, 07:37
Hello friend at last i have buy a sky star 2 DVB card will you plz tell me about which xxx channel i can watch on this card other then spice platinum on hotbird sat and how

thanks

saed
22nd June 2006, 22:15
Hello friend at last i have buy a sky star 2 DVB card will you plz tell me about which xxx channel i can watch on this card other then spice platinum on hotbird sat and how

thanks
So did you purcahse it to only see xxx channels ? :P it will open only those channels which are hacked/keys available like other receivers. But yes with cardsharing you can open allmost all channels.

Ismail Shah
23rd June 2006, 00:26
Hello Saed what do u mean by card sharing plz explain.

rizwan77
24th June 2006, 19:58
Can I record video with ss2, and what is its result on C-band ? Because with neotion videolink I can not open the channels on c-band. Is ss2 have TV out connector ?

saed
24th June 2006, 23:57
Can I record video with ss2, and what is its result on C-band ? Because with neotion videolink I can not open the channels on c-band. Is ss2 have TV out connector ?
yes, you can record video, quality depeneds on the channels quality itself, it is recorded as it is. No, SS2 doesnot have tv out connector but all premium cards do have one.

rizwan77
25th June 2006, 00:04
Thank you for reply, What do you mean by premium cards ?

saed
25th June 2006, 00:06
Hello Saed what do u mean by card sharing plz explain.
sharing one original subscription card to more users over internet link.

boknoy_ph
25th June 2006, 03:07
Thank you for reply, What do you mean by premium cards ?

premium=expensive. have a look at nexus-s. these are hardware based mpeg2 decoders, so your pc cpu will have less to process while watching satellite channels (and recording) whereas ss2 and other "cheap" alternatives will take the cpu cycle off your own pc for the mpeg2 processing. so unless you have a 2.4G+ or higher cpu specs, you will be stuck on watching satellites and not able to do anything more, most of the time. most of these pci dvb-s devices will eat up approximately 40% of your cpu cycle once working, it's all a mix of dvb software and the codecs you use to maximise your cpu power and minimise as much as possible the cycles used while watching channels.

Ismail Shah
25th June 2006, 09:03
Hello Friends
How i enter the TPS keys in DVB cards? and Biss plugings etc
plz explain in detail

prodigal
25th June 2006, 18:05
sir boknoy_ph,

i also have a pc dvb card can i also enjoy card sharing?about that plugins can you give me the link of the forum you are referring..thank you...

boknoy_ph
25th June 2006, 18:46
sir boknoy_ph,

i also have a pc dvb card can i also enjoy card sharing?about that plugins can you give me the link of the forum you are referring..thank you...

Saed is compiling a comprehensive "how-to" on card sharing, just wait for his announcement. and based on your profile, you are in Cebu? try looking at the spider network thread and see if somebody from asia is doing cardsharing with UBC, etc. only drawback is you have to share something back, otherwise, no connection to the servers, lol. as for the plugins, look at the main page of RDI and click on DVB-S links (skystar, etc) the files are there.

thasnim
26th June 2006, 01:20
I bought a new Skystar USB and tried to install on my laptop. Windows XP (SErvice Pack 1) detected the hardware and installed the drivers. Then I tried to install the software from the provided CD the I got the advise to upgrade to Service Pack 2.

In my computer hardware section, the Skystar is shown as Network card. I installed Progdvb selecting the Skystar 2 PCI / USB, but got message "Device not started".

Since the drivers installed without any problem, is it possible to use the Skystar USB with Progdvb on windows with service pack 1 ?

The Laptop itself was a used one. May the Windows is not a gunine one. I am not able to update the OS from Microsoft online. I am getting message that the windows is not legal one.

Is there any way to update the Windows to service pack 2 other than microsoft online ?

Please help

dodi
26th June 2006, 01:29
I bought a new Skystar USB and tried to install on my laptop. Windows XP (SErvice Pack 1) detected the hardware and installed the drivers. Then I tried to install the software from the provided CD the I got the advise to upgrade to Service Pack 2.

In my computer hardware section, the Skystar is shown as Network card. I installed Progdvb selecting the Skystar 2 PCI / USB, but got message "Device not started".

Since the drivers installed without any problem, is it possible to use the Skystar USB with Progdvb on windows with service pack 1 ?

The Laptop itself was a used one. May the Windows is not a gunine one. I am not able to update the OS from Microsoft online. I am getting message that the windows is not legal one.

Is there any way to update the Windows to service pack 2 other than microsoft online ?

Please help

this problem was happend with me too the sulution is uninstall the card driver and install it again hope it will work its only my opinion but the expert like mr saed and paul are here to help you

boknoy_ph
26th June 2006, 17:41
also try searching on google for "xp sp2 network install download" and you should get the whole sp2 installer.

az30094
26th June 2006, 18:47

Please help

The correct procedure to install any USB device is
- Install drivers using provided CD
- Connect the device. Windows detects and installs the correct driver
If SP2 is still asked, then there may not any other choice to install it.

If the device is not recognized after the above steps, you can do the following:
- Start Device Manager.
- Disable the device (it is corrct that it lists under Network adapters).
- Enable the device again.

This should, hopefully should solve your problem.

thasnim
26th June 2006, 20:00
Dear boknoy_ph, az30094 & dodi

Sincere thanks for your immediate response.

As boknoy_ph suggested i was able to findout and download the sp2 update installer. AFter updating to sp2, the technisat software was installed without any problem. Now usb device works on progdvb without any problem.

Once again thanks to all

boknoy_ph
26th June 2006, 22:05
good to see you were able to sort your problem out. now, keep that sp2 installer handy, lol. or you might want to make and burn another xp installer with sp2 slipstreamed already. but that's another story...........

rizwan77
26th June 2006, 22:11
Which is best programme to use with Skystar2 ? In DvB Dream Device list, there is no ss2. Which deviceI select to use this programme ?

boknoy_ph
27th June 2006, 05:38
try ALTDvb as it has been "optimised" for SS2. also mytheatre (not free though).

rizwan77
29th June 2006, 01:09
What kind of software required for card sharing ? I am using SS2 on hotbird with S2emu 1.26 and V-plug0.9.2 with DVB Dream 1.1h. Which package or channels I can open with Card sharing ?

boknoy_ph
29th June 2006, 03:11
depends on which server you are connected. these are legal cards being shared online.

prodigal
29th June 2006, 19:14
@ sir boknoy_ph,

i have a PCI TV card installed on my PC i jst want to ask if, is this the same functionality with PC-DVB Card?with the hardware i can see a various connection for FM Antenna, TV Antenna, Composite Video in, Audio in, S-Video in, Audio out and remote control cable port. My concern is only in the TV Antenna.,can i connect the cable from my receiver directly to my new hardware coz i dont have a cable for cable tv.,looking forward on your added brilliant ideas..

saed
29th June 2006, 19:30
@ sir boknoy_ph,

i have a PCI TV card installed on my PC i jst want to ask if, is this the same functionality with PC-DVB Card?with the hardware i can see a various connection for FM Antenna, TV Antenna, Composite Video in, Audio in, S-Video in, Audio out and remote control cable port. My concern is only in the TV Antenna.,can i connect the cable from my receiver directly to my new hardware coz i dont have a cable for cable tv.,looking forward on your added brilliant ideas..
Your PCI TV Card is an Analog tv reception card over classic/terrestrial antenna, won't support digital tv reception over satellite or digital cable. Your card also support analog cable input.

boknoy_ph
29th June 2006, 20:32
to clear things out:

DVB-S = Satellite Reception
DVB-C = Cable Reception
DVB-T = Terrestrial/RF/VHF signal reception

vkumar
30th June 2006, 13:14
Hello Saed,

I live in India and have Nexus-s card and guide me how to get linked with card sahring and what i have to do, pls advsie in detail. regards
Vkumar

thanks
So did you purcahse it to only see xxx channels ? :P it will open only those channels which are hacked/keys available like other receivers. But yes with cardsharing you can open allmost all channels.

prodigal
30th June 2006, 22:34
@ mentors,

thank you..on your added brilliant information.,i have some few questions again this regards to newly version of dvb dream 1.1 moments ago after my now hassle installation i was still able to view some channels while viewing the main channels but after a few clicks viewing it(PIP) now is impossible i mean i cant view anymore previous channels while viewing the main channels.,sounds scramble?lol.,do you have some updated tutorials for this new version?..thanks again...

saed
1st July 2006, 00:14
PIP only works with the channels on same Transponder. All channels in one transponders can be shown in different PIP Windows. If channels are encrypted and can be opened with any plugin than you have to copy those plugin in all pip folders under dvbdream\plugins\pip folders, pip0, pip1, pip2 and so on.

prodigal
2nd July 2006, 00:19
thanks..sometime i can view it from PIP sometimes not.,can i ask questions not related in this forum.,kind of confused is dream broadcasting live the pacquiao vs larios fight tomorrow?,thanks..

rizwan77
2nd July 2006, 01:26
what Can I do with SS2 other than watching TV ? How can I watch or read data services ? On which sattelite I have free Internet download ? I have singnels from hotbird, W3 on 7 E and many from asian sat.

boknoy_ph
2nd July 2006, 02:25
thanks..sometime i can view it from PIP sometimes not.,can i ask questions not related in this forum.,kind of confused is dream broadcasting live the pacquiao vs larios fight tomorrow?,thanks..

should be on rpm9 under solar sports, or if abs-cbn is having monopoly, then get your Baron antenna working, lol.

rizwan77
2nd July 2006, 21:57
When I try to record any video through SS2, the picture start stoping and recording is not smooth. How can I solve this problem ? I try both DVBviewer and Dvb Dream.

boknoy_ph
3rd July 2006, 03:31
try nvidia codecs.

az30094
3rd July 2006, 09:51
@ sir boknoy_ph,

You can make use of your TV Antenna connection for connecting your receiver output (the cable you connect to your TV). This way, you can watch and record the TV programs in your PC. What you see in your PC will be the same as what you have selected in the receiver.

For connecting satellite input directly to your PC, you need a DVB card like Skystar, etc.

SEEME
5th July 2006, 16:36
Hi, sorry. I have a very slow internet connection and dont have time to search for the topic but I guess my problem has been discussed in the past in this thread.

Its when I am convering recorder movies to DVD format using TMPGEnc. Its says Illegal mpeg. Is there a way to correct this.

Thanks

boknoy_ph
5th July 2006, 23:35
seeme,

try going to www.videohelp.com for a LOT of tutorial on how to properly convert your mpeg2 to vob.

SEEME
6th July 2006, 00:29
Thanks for that great site..

SEEME
8th July 2006, 17:28
Well, I do have another problem. Everytime, TPS changes its keys and the S2Emu didn't find any correct keys in the softcam, My pc would crash. I have to restart and get the correct keys from the internet.

Any solution is appreciated. Thank you. I'm using progDVB.

thasnim
8th July 2006, 21:27
Well, I do have another problem. Everytime, TPS changes its keys and the S2Emu didn't find any correct keys in the softcam, My pc would crash. I have to restart and get the correct keys from the internet.

Dear

Instead of S2emu, try latest vplug.. For me, s2emu not working auto tps while connected to net, but vplug finds new keys immediately.

SEEME
8th July 2006, 23:37
Thanks. however, I'm not always connected to the internet and would only do so, thru dial up. besides, while vplug is looking for the right key in the softcam before it tries the internet, My pc would also crash.

So what I would do is to get the info on one side where I can see the working key as well as which position of AES key in the softcam. if the key changes, it would show "incorrect key" but would still work for a few second. Then I would change the channel immediately to any FTA. That way my PC would not crash. However, this method is annoying.

Anyway, I was thinking if someone would make a softcam with all possible AES keys (I mean all probable combination of characters) so we dont have to connect to the internet...That would be a lot but its worth it especially to those who does not have internet.

az30094
9th July 2006, 08:08

Try an alternate viewer. I like Alt-DVB - a feature rich, light weight and a fast viewer.

SEEME
9th July 2006, 16:40
Thanks az30094. But my DVB card is SkyView. Alt DVB does not support it I think since I see file for SS2, twinhan, pinnacle only.

regards,

rizwan77
9th July 2006, 19:50
How can I use Filegrabber on hotbird ? I try on many channels which shown in my ProgDVB in Green Diskette shape and then scan with Pid Scanner, but never got any pid for example on MON BAZAR. Please tell me what kind of data and on which channels I can scan pids and do file grabbing ? Thank you

rizwan77
16th July 2006, 20:39
Finally I start Grabbing data with Skygraber from Eutelsat W3. Now I wants more Provider and PIDs with other availble SAT. OR Is there any website which help in this regard ?

naveedch_leo
16th July 2006, 22:03
Hey RDI friends any solution for Multivision n ABsat on ma Skystar 2 DVB card.
im using "Prog DVB" n "S2emu1.26" softcam key is also updated but cant see these channels.

rizwan77
16th July 2006, 22:06
Try V-plug latest version with connected to internet. It will update aes key automatically when key change.

naveedch_leo
17th July 2006, 04:40
Thanks mate rizwan,its working

kay8
18th July 2006, 04:53
hi guys, i'm new in these forum and wondering if anyone can help me on my new skystar 2 pci card with progDVB. Now my question is, it is possible to watch encrypted channels (eg, multivision, absat.........) in hotbird with this stuff? if so, what are the procedures? Thank you :shock:

thegreat4u2
18th July 2006, 08:00
saed will u plz guide me about cardsharing.i have skystar2 and i download csc.and i go to cardsharing.biz site there are lots of server like
g.box. camd3 or newcamd. can u plz first tell me that which one is open with skystar or these server are for humax or other receviers.second i dont know how to make settings in my csc window.kindly plz guide me thanx.

thegreat4u2
20th July 2006, 08:07
Host=cyfra.int.pl
Type=0
SKey=0102030405060708091011121314
User=user1-20
Pass=pass1-20
Prio=0
PVer=1
Ports=1
P00_Port=6005
P00_Emms=0
P00_Prio=0
P00_Skip=0
P00_Info=
P00_CaID=0100
P00_Prov=000000,000065,000068,

now can u plz telll me about these settings in my wncsc window.how should i put pasword and username plz there is no tutirol plz guide someone.

digiworld
26th July 2006, 17:56
Hi Experts,

Are there anybody to tell me where to dowload plugin for AU DreamTV ( as for DVB-S card ). I have to update keys for DreamTV everyday.

Thanks

Thanh Nguyen

Gazduire Web si Inregistrare Domenii